How Many Miles From Factory?

cbs155

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
How many miles did your new 2021 have from the factory?

Mine is finally in after waiting on my order since July 2020 and it has 35 miles. Seems like a lot for a brand new truck.
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

Cconnss

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT-5.0L-FX4 302AHigh
2 KM when I fired it up.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Mine had 7, with many hours of idle time.

35 is still pretty low, how long was it at the dealership before you picked it up?

My truck had a little over 5 miles when it arrived at the dealer, the additional distance was from a lot attendant driving it to the dealer’s on site fuel pump. Some dealers use public pumps and that can create additional miles too.

It’s always possible, with some of the teething issues, that the dealer took the truck for a quick spin to make sure it wasn’t going to light up with error codes.

A few new trucks have arrived to forum members with over 100 miles, either with letters from Ford that the truck was taken for road testing or with no explanation at all.

Buschlatte

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Had about 7-10 miles on it and 15 when I took it home.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
8.5 miles on the odometer. It was about a week and a half until I could get to the dealer from the day it was delivered. Had my salesman send me a pic of the odometer STAT so I could make sure nobody was taking joyrides in my nearly $70K truck!!

35 miles isn’t too much. It might have been one they used for an extra quality check/test drive or something which I would think is a good thing. How many idle hours did the engine have?

Last edited:
OP
OP

cbs155

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
8.5 miles on the odometer. It was about a week and a half until I could get to the dealer from the day it was delivered. Had my salesman send me a pic of the odometer STAT so I could make sure nobody was taking joyrides in my nearly $70K truck!!

35 miles is too much. It might have been one they used for an extra quality check/test drive or something which I would think is a good thing. How many idle hours did the engine have?
Yea, it turned out to be 42 by the time I picked it up. It came in with 35 and the dealer getting gas and inspection added 7. I ordered it in July last year. Didn't get built until January. Sat with no status until April and I just got it May 2 with a completely rusty differential like everyone else. Needless to say, I am not happy at all.

Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
35 may actually be a good sign, or at least it was back before the chip shortage. It usually meant your truck got picked for a random quality check. Doesn't guarantee no problems, but definitely improves the odds yours won't have any obvious gremlins right away. Now with them parking them off-site, it may mean that happened even if for a short period. The distance from DTP to the most common places Ford has been storing trucks that came out of DTP is about 4-5 miles, so round trip for that plus normal driving them to shipping area and that could also add up to 35.

Either way, I wouldn't stress about it too much. Nobody took your truck out to lunch or anything after it was built, and within ten minutes of them rolling off the line Ford takes every one through a pretty rough course to check for rattles and other issues. That part is harder on the new truck than whatever happened in your trucks 35 miles before it got dropped off at the dealer.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
My truck had this sticker in the window. So far thinking it was a good thing as I have not had many issues. Just took it in and got its first service. Had the reflash done for the alarm and the windshield recall. Had around 28 miles when it was delivered.
Ford F-150 How Many Miles From Factory? 322B134C-06B5-4D89-A7F6-2AEF8F6BA878

Trucker1983

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 chrome package
Occupation
CDL Truck driver
How many miles did your new 2021 have from the factory?

Mine is finally in after waiting on my order since July 2020 and it has 35 miles. Seems like a lot for a brand new truck.
I had 2 off the truck

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
My truck had this sticker in the window. So far thinking it was a good thing as I have not had many issues. Just took it in and got its first service. Had the reflash done for the alarm and the windshield recall. Had around 28 miles when it was delivered.
322B134C-06B5-4D89-A7F6-2AEF8F6BA878.jpeg
Hate that when some Plant big shot takes my truck home overnight. Just a perk they give themselves in the name of quality, which is B.S. Just free vehicles and free gas.

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Who knows what they do with these vehicles but I’ll choose to assume they actually had a purpose. At this point with almost 7k miles makes not one bit of difference and the truck has been great except for the alarm waking me up a few times. My 18 Mustang GT had 300+ miles on it when delivered (driven from an out of state dealer)and has not given me an ounce of trouble. All in all wouldn’t lose a lot of sleep over it.
Sponsored