First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Lead Foot Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Wanted to see who knows or has expertise and getting a spray in liner.

Just bought my F150 and it has no protection back there. I prefer spray in liners but don't know the difference between the two most common near me.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
Wanted to see who knows or has expertise and getting a spray in liner.

Just bought my F150 and it has no protection back there. I prefer spray in liners but don't know the difference between the two most common near me.

Thoughts?
I have had 2 different trucks with spray in liners. One was Rhino and the other is color matched Line-X. I am happier with the Line-X, it has lasted and held together better. The Rhino liner is black and faded within the first year and started peeling after 2 1/2 years.

OP
OP

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Lead Foot Gray
Occupation
Engineer
How long ago was that Rhino liner done. Not dismissing your experience. Just curious if it has improved since then.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
It may have, that was 6 years ago. The Line-X was 5 years ago.

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
My 08 has had Line-X in the bed since new. Zero issues with it and it still looks good after a wash.

Sponsored

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
SPEEDLINER <?>
Ford F-150 Linex vs Rhino Lining 2015-F150-Ford-008

The "up-and-coming" third choice [25 years young] might be Speedliner. You won't get the logo with any non-factory spray-in, but...

Ford F-150 Linex vs Rhino Lining logo
"Spray On Bedliner products from Speedliner® are the best in the industry! Speedliner® offers the most durable spray in bedliner in the world. Our spray-in bed liners are durable and dependable and come in a variety of colors and applications."
EIGHT BENEFITS OF A SPRAY ON BED LINER FOR YOUR TRUCK

Apparently, Speedliner dealers are few and far between + don't advertise like the others <not necessarily a bad thing, right?>.

Several folks report good results from any brand, so long as the installer is "top notch!" But, how do you know?

Please sound-off with your "bed-experiences."

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
I had line-x in my ‘05 and loved it. My only complaint was the fading. Now they have the “premium” level with the uv protectant. I’ll be going that route when my 2021 arrives since my dealer will be giving it to me at their cost.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Another liner for your consideration is Bullet Liner, which is what is in my Lariat PB. Supposedly some key people left Line-X and started Bullet Liner. My 2013 SD Lariat had a LIne-X, with no issues, no fading.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
What ever liner product you go with, getting it applied by a quality installer is key! Read reviews, ask for recommendations.

There is a Line-X installer within 10 minutes of my house, but I drove an hour away due to the installer's reputation.

Corsini77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Another liner for your consideration is Bullet Liner, which is what is in my Lariat PB. Supposedly some key people left Line-X and started Bullet Liner. My 2013 SD Lariat had a LIne-X, with no issues, no fading.
+1 on bullet. Had one sprayed in my truck today. I have had both line x and rhino in the past. In my opinion, Bullet liner is far superior in looks and feel. Same lifetime warranty, better color due to color matching, and it has a metallic like sparkle when sun hits it. To me, it’s an upgraded line x. But what do you expect when the founder of polyureacoating technology and founder of line x sold line x, waited out a no competition clause, and started Bullet Liner. But just like someone previously said, it’s more about the installer than the product.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My Tundra was 12 years old, and the Line x still looked great. Looking at my new truck with the factory spray on, the first thing that I noticed was that they sprayed over the box retaining bolts. Hopefully that isn't an indication of rhe rest of the job.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
If you don’t want fading, then you must pay for UV protection. I totally agree with other posts, the installer is KEY, get a good one. This is my third pickup with Line-X and I will stay with them. Actually, there are really no other spray in liner companies around here. Still, I am totally happy with my premium Line-X.
Sponsored