Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
I got 1000 miles in. Overall 18.5mpg, The last tank was 19.5. My last few "My Trips" been getting in the 20's and that is a mix of taking it easy to tap into electric power and full on throttle bursts.
Sponsored

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Who else is getting better fuel economy in Normal mode? I've tried staying in ECO mode but was getting 18MPGs, now that I've decided to not bother with fuel economy, I'm getting 20-22 MPGs. I'm driving in Normal mode and not taking it too easy on the throttle. I mostly do streets with little hwy driving.

Last edited:

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
Interesting topic. To compare my 3.5EB gets over 20 around my town. Speeds mostly 30-45. Highway 23 at 75. Better is stay below 70. Key with both is to stay out of turbos if you want best mpg. Of course the great power is addicting which makes it hard.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Interesting topic. To compare my 3.5EB gets over 20 around my town. Speeds mostly 30-45. Highway 23 at 75. Better is stay below 70. Key with both is to stay out of turbos if you want best mpg. Of course the great power is addicting which makes it hard.
And depending on what part of town you're in, you may be doing 55-75 most of the time ;)

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I achieved 22.2 MPG going from Austin to Dallas last night on Normal mode. Was 75-85 MPH the whole way.
I should mention I only run 93 Octane. I went to 89 Octane once and there was a noticeable difference in performance and efficiency.

Sponsored

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 323B0059-8755-45B6-88DF-F44F68CEA2D9

Took this trip across town today. About 2 miles on the highway the rest surface streets in eco mode. First fill up showed I got 19.4 mpg since I left the dealer. I used sport slippery, and mostly normal. Today was my first using eco. Acceleration in eco was much slower than expected.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I took this picture while filling the tank yesterday. I took it while fueling, so pay no mind to the DTE gauge. But this was about 70% Interstate at 60mph and 30% city and residential streets. All in normal mode. Not too far off from as advertised.
Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? 20210423_195518

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
Fair enough. From what I understand all Powerboost trucks have 3.73 rear ends. I don't think you can get them with anything else. Correct me if I am incorrect.
My experience is that Eco mode is better in city driving and Normal is better on the Hwy.
The biggest difference between the 2 modes is in the acceleration when you leave a light or stop. Eco keeps the acceleration in the sweet spot of fuel use.
I can tell you that there is about 1.5 to 2 mpg difference between Regular gas and Premium. Premium does get you more.
Regular gas average tank was 22 mpg or 10.6L/100km and premium is 24 mpg or 9.8 L/100 km. Mine is a 4x4.
3.73 rear end. I have 3900 km's on the vehicle around 2400 miles.

Mileage above is based on doing the speed limit and a combination of city and hwy driving.

I have not hand calculated it yet, just what the computer is showing.
There definitely is a performance increase using premium 91 octane.,have not tried 93 yet.

You can feel it in the engine and the way it accelerates to speed with throttle input. Less throttle using premium than Regular to achieve the desired acceleration.

Winds, temperatures and I would say road surface also impacts fuel mileage on this truck. I am switching to Michelins from Goodyears and I will see if there is a millage increase and let the group know.
By far the most powerfull, and refined truck I have ever driven. It is just awesome.
Do you think the rear end in powerboost trucks is the new 9.75 floating axle that was designed for the max tow package? Seems like no one can verify this as 570 ft lbs is a lot of twist on a rear end and the 9.75 size is what is listed for max tow.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
That’s awfully low. Do you live at high altitudes? Areas with lots of headwinds? I road tripped from Austin to Santa Fe and experienced a lot of headwinds, and my mileage tanked. Sometimes it was so bad that I would need to hit the gas while going downhill just to maintain the speed limit. I thought something was wrong with my truck until I realized it was the wind. Back in Austin, it’s getting MPG results consistently that I expect.

If no, then some things I would do in your situation:
1. Check tire pressure, make sure they are even
2. Put in 93 octane if you aren’t already and see if there’s a difference
3. Check the engine bay and make sure everything at least looks right
4. Start hand calculating your mileage via gps app.

Basically, either something is wrong with your truck, or something is mis-calibrated on your computer...
Now that you have a thousand miles on it, maybe drive it with some hard 0-80 runs to get rings set . Needs a few hard wide open throttle runs to finish break in. Maybe change oil and filter first with high quality full synthetic. Let an 18 year old drive it for a week and it will loosen up for better mileage.......after he gets out of drivers seat and you are back in!

Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
May I ask a dumb question - a number of people talk about Normal and Eco mode. How does one select the Eco mode? I got 21 mpg over a 1200 miles trip (with some amount of mountain driving), but I did not select any mode etc. I looked but I got something showing eco behavior, etc. but nothing that seemed like an Eco mode selector....

I have a 4x4 PB with 6.5’ box...

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
Do you think the rear end in powerboost trucks is the new 9.75 floating axle that was designed for the max tow package? Seems like no one can verify this as 570 ft lbs is a lot of twist on a rear end and the 9.75 size is what is listed for max tow.
I am not sure. It does make sense as max tow, I assume would add stiffer rear leaf springs among probably larger coolers etc.

I am not sure where you would find this information.

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid 3.5L V6 twin-turbocharged Ecoboost
Who else is getting better fuel economy in Normal mode? I've tried staying in ECO mode but was getting 18MPGs, now that I've decided to not bother with fuel economy, I'm getting 20-22 MPGs. I'm driving in Normal mode and not taking it too easy on the throttle. I mostly do streets with little hwy driving.
Same... Exactly
Sponsored