First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I noticed the black scratches super super easy.

It’s nothing major as minor polishing clears it up but it makes me want to do ceramic coating that much more to protect it.
Yes, black paint is generally the softest color and, sadly, even minor scratches in the Clearcoat stand out more. Smart to do the ceramic coating.
Sponsored

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Just wanted to throw this out there but I have been using Hybrid Solutions for the last year and I have been very happy with it. It's a DIY solution that costs a lot less and goes on easy. Also check out this video of a side by side test of a lot of DIY options.

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I've heard of tint and/or lifts possibly affecting some of the sensors on the vehicle. Will ceramic coating affect any of the sensors/cameras/assist features?

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
I've heard of tint and/or lifts possibly affecting some of the sensors on the vehicle. Will ceramic coating affect any of the sensors/cameras/assist features?
I have heard of the same. I have my front two side windows tinted and I am careful to not coat my front window with any water repellants and I have had no problems.

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Yes, black paint is generally the softest color and, sadly, even minor scratches in the Clearcoat stand out more. Smart to do the ceramic coating.
I avoid ceramic coating on black and dark colors. The reason is that those colors require more frequent correction, and you can't do it with ceramic unless you buff and recoat the entire panel every time. I use a good sealer, like Zaino's, on a dark color.

Sponsored

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Which sensors would be affected by tint? I have my windshield slightly tinted (70%-I don't know that I would know if I didn't know) and haven't noticed any issues with any sensors. I don't know how the ceramic would affect any sensors, it's a super thin, completely clear coating.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I have heard of the same. I have my front two side windows tinted and I am careful to not coat my front window with any water repellants and I have had no problems.
They put the ceramic on my windshield too. No issues.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I avoid ceramic coating on black and dark colors. The reason is that those colors require more frequent correction, and you can't do it with ceramic unless you buff and recoat the entire panel every time. I use a good sealer, like Zaino's, on a dark color.
:​
You raise a fair point. There are several paint protection products on the market, each with pro’s and con’s. One con of Ceramic coatings is that once they are applied, they are difficult to remove. A ‘pro’ is that you only need reapply every 2-5 years, depending on the product, wear, et al.

We’re fortunate that we have so many options to choose from.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Just wanted to throw this out there but I have been using Hybrid Solutions for the last year and I have been very happy with it. It's a DIY solution that costs a lot less and goes on easy. Also check out this video of a side by side test of a lot of DIY options.
Agreed! I have been using one (the Magwires Ceramic Wax) on my wife’s and daughter’s cars and they really do the job, lasting ~6-8 months. It’s easy to apply and keeps their cars looking great.

desertlivin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3, 2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Network Architect
I have been using McKees37 products on my Tesla for the past couple of years. I haven't done a ceramic coat yet, but the rest of their products are pretty high quality. I stopped buying the standard over the counter products.

Sponsored

Rkh51

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep jl Toyota rav4
Hydrophobic Silicon Dioxide is the active ingredient in these coatings, Silicon and Oxygen are the two most abundant element on earth. When the disinformation and outrageous claims subsides, hopefully the price point of what is otherwise a legitimate product will come down to a realistic level in comparison to its actual cost.

I have to hand it to the guys marketing this stuff for automotive use. They’re relabeling an industrial product manufactured by the ton. In some cases packaging it in in crack vials and charging more per ounce than printer ink.

Another excellent example is women’s cosmetics, I forget who said it but I think it was either Elizabeth Arden or Helena Rubinstein; that if their face cream was reasonably priced, nobody would believe that it worked and that they weren’t selling beauty products but hope. They started the trend that continues to this day of charging between $10-$200 for something that is essentially the same thing and only costs pennies to produce; making hundreds of billions of dollars annually. The automotive care industry is the much less successful male equivalent.
merica

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Just got mine done this week, $600 for 2 year ceramic coating. Light polish done to remove light scratches and swirls, pictures don’t do it any justice! If you’re in the LA, California area you should definitely check out The Gloss Factory Mobile Detail.
Ford F-150 Ceramic Coating - Price and Details Thread 9E67C00C-695F-4844-A2F1-B4071287BC47

oddlou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Star White Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Just got mine done this week, $600 for 2 year ceramic coating. Light polish done to remove light scratches and swirls, pictures don’t do it any justice! If you’re in the LA, California area you should definitely check out The Gloss Factory Mobile Detail.
9E67C00C-695F-4844-A2F1-B4071287BC47.jpeg
Looks great!

SEPA F150

First Name
Shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Raptor
Here's mine:
I live in South Eastern PA
Entire truck: Windows, trim, and paint, headlights
What brand: Expel Fusion Plus
How many years: 4 Years warranty
How much did you pay: $1800
Did you also get paint correction: Yes, 1st stage. Truck was brand spanking new.
Where did you get it done at: ACAP Films Mainline. Malvern, PA
Sponsored