? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ?

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
I’ve had it for a week on a dealer plate but just signed papers on it today. 21 Lariat 502a in agate black with 360, moonroof, sport, fx4 and factory spray in liner. I put on some 295/60/20 ko2s, auto stop delete, gator low profile tonneau cover, ceramic tint, and also ceramic coated the exterior. Still left to install are the Ford accessory roof spoiler, black emblems, and mudguards. I have an aem intake and ready lift level kit, on order but I think I might not do the level to avoid squat when I’m towing.

My previous truck was a Toyota Tacoma (and many other Toyotas before that), and I'm in awe at how nice of a truck these new F150's actually are. The F150 was an easy choice after looking at all of the others.

Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? CBFD3B5B-83AC-4E7F-A7B0-049157307803
Ford F-150 ? F-150 LARIAT Lounge ? 8F1A2664-A08A-4E44-9DEF-A5B3B10DD02A
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
500 miles in and I’m in love with this Truck so far...

coming from a 07’ Sierra SL this New F-150 feels like a space ship.

2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
502A
B&O unleashed
Interior work surface
Twin panel moon room
Tow technology Package
Co-pilot active 2.0 Prep
Factory Bed liner
7.2Kw generator

Ceramic Tint going on tomorrow.
I went from a 98 Chev K1500 Cheyenne ( pretty basic with AC, tilt, cruise, 5spd) to an XLT 301A.
Even the “common folk” truck is nicely equipped.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Ok if you have followed any of the "Rust Issues" you know that my Lariat was maybe the worst of the photos posted and maybe one of the worst out there, not sure about that but from what I have seen it is up there with the worst. Ford has agreed to "Buy Back" my rusted POS. I want another Lariat but this time since I must order vs. taking one in stock I am crossed between either ordering the EcoBoost engine that have now or should I order the PowerBoost with the 7.2kw generator.

Other options would be about the same as I have now Star White/Stone Gray, 502A High, 360 Camera, Tow Tech, and with the Ford Co Pilot 360, 20" wheels, Spray in Bed Liner, Wheel Well Liners, Power Tailgate, Power Running Boards, B&O Sound but not the Unleashed version and Moon Roof, all in current rusted POS.

I would order another Lariat without rust with the following changes. Ford Co Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep Package, no Moon Roof, the B&O Unleashed Sound System, interior work surface, But not sure if I should get the PowerBoost with the 7.2kw generator or stay with the EcoBoost as engine choice.

Although I am a Contractor we hardly never need remote power but I can see that maybe it would be a nice back up option to have.
Any thoughts on which engine, or any other options that are a must have? Appreciate your input/feedback.

Note when I write POS, I am referring to my rusted out vehicle, not the 2021 F-150 line up. I love the truck just not rust.

The reason for me not to get the KR, or Plat, or Limited is all the "Indented" leather areas in the seats will only fill up with dirt given what I do for a living. Granted I spend more time in the office and with clients than I field work and I am not swinging the hammer any more, but is still gets dirty given what I am around in the field. Otherwise I do like the Limited Seats but can't justify the 10k bump for that... or the Limited at $13k more than my existing Lariat.

Any feedback on the engine and generator would be appreciated. Have a great weekend.

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Ok if you have followed any of the "Rust Issues" you know that my Lariat was maybe the worst of the photos posted and maybe one of the worst out there, not sure about that but from what I have seen it is up there with the worst. Ford has agreed to "Buy Back" my rusted POS. I want another Lariat but this time since I must order vs. taking one in stock I am crossed between either ordering the EcoBoost engine that have now or should I order the PowerBoost with the 7.2kw generator.

Other options would be about the same as I have now Star White/Stone Gray, 502A High, 360 Camera, Tow Tech, and with the Ford Co Pilot 360, 20" wheels, Spray in Bed Liner, Wheel Well Liners, Power Tailgate, Power Running Boards, B&O Sound but not the Unleashed version and Moon Roof, all in current rusted POS.

I would order another Lariat without rust with the following changes. Ford Co Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep Package, no Moon Roof, the B&O Unleashed Sound System, interior work surface, But not sure if I should get the PowerBoost with the 7.2kw generator or stay with the EcoBoost as engine choice.

Although I am a Contractor we hardly never need remote power but I can see that maybe it would be a nice back up option to have.
Any thoughts on which engine, or any other options that are a must have? Appreciate your input/feedback.

Note when I write POS, I am referring to my rusted out vehicle, not the 2021 F-150 line up. I love the truck just not rust.

The reason for me not to get the KR, or Plat, or Limited is all the "Indented" leather areas in the seats will only fill up with dirt given what I do for a living. Granted I spend more time in the office and with clients than I field work and I am not swinging the hammer any more, but is still gets dirty given what I am around in the field. Otherwise I do like the Limited Seats but can't justify the 10k bump for that... or the Limited at $13k more than my existing Lariat.

Any feedback on the engine and generator would be appreciated. Have a great weekend.
I was intrigued by the Powerboost, but since I was already taking a leap of faith on a new gen truck didn't want to risk jumping on a new engine as well. Honestly if you really don't know which one you want I personally would consider if you want the PB speed, and between greater towing capacity or a backup mobile generator, which would you most likely need?

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
I was intrigued by the Powerboost, but since I was already taking a leap of faith on a new gen truck didn't want to risk jumping on a new engine as well. Honestly if you really don't know which one you want I personally would consider if you want the PB speed, and between greater towing capacity or a backup mobile generator, which would you most likely need?
For me speed over tow capacity, I hardly ever tow anything.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Then I would go PB, it's faster and you have the generator.
Yes, that is what I have built as the buy back truck. 2021 Lariat, 5.5 box, 3.5 power boost, Hybrid with 7.2kw generator, 4 x2, 502A high, Star White, Stone Gray, Black interior, Tow Tech Package, Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 Prep Package, 20" chrome wheels, spray in bedliner, wheel well liner, power tailgate, power running boards, interior work surface, B&O Unleashed sound system, comes with the 360 camera, no moonroof.

VS. what I have now that is similar but with 3.5 EcoBoost, Co-pilot but not the active prep, have the moonroof which I did not want, and did not have the interior work surface or the 7.2kw gen set, all I had is the 400w that came with it.
I will move the Retrax top from old to new when the new one arrives sometime in 2022...LOL!

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Glad to still have you as a member of the Lariat Lounge.

I would say them buying back the truck is pretty significant.

I have the 3.5 EcoBoost, but for you job description, I’d say go PowerStroke just in case you ever need it.

You’re not lying about 2022. You may actually get a 2022 model year.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Glad to still have you as a member of the Lariat Lounge.

I would say them buying back the truck is pretty significant.

I have the 3.5 EcoBoost, but for you job description, I’d say go PowerStroke just in case you ever need it.

You’re not lying about 2022. You may actually get a 2022 model year.
Yes, the rust on the truck was up there among the worst rust and corrosion. The offer is MSRP for MSRP swap out, new one will cost few thousand more but will have what would have ordered if the rusty one was ordered vs. in stock when I got it end of Jan. Love the truck not the rust. And if the PowerBoost has even more power I will like it even more as I do have heavy foot.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, the rust on the truck was up there among the worst rust and corrosion. The offer is MSRP for MSRP swap out, new one will cost few thousand more but will have what would have ordered if the rusty one was ordered vs. in stock when I got it end of Jan. Love the truck not the rust. And if the PowerBoost has even more power I will like it even more as I do have heavy foot.

Nice. That’s the benefit of ordering, you get a bespoke truck! Load it up how you want! ??

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Well good news fellas. Dealer just FaceTimed me and my truck was delivered! Since dealerships are closed on Sundays in MN I have to wait until Monday to pick it up. Thought this day would never come!

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well good news fellas. Dealer just FaceTimed me and my truck was delivered! Since dealerships are closed on Sundays in MN I have to wait until Monday to pick it up. Thought this day would never come!
Out-freaking-standing!! Get there bright an early Monday, take care of business, and bring that thing home!!

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Congrats!!!
Sponsored