First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Huh, I bought my truck on March 5. Ford Credit is still not populated with the new vehicle yet. Still showing my 2016, though it does show paid in full for that one (traded in).
I tried going on there with my social and last name but I need an account number. It says "can be found on your invoice" but I do not have a first statement. And the financial paperwork from the dealer doesn't indicate any sort of account number.

Back on the topic of the thread: I went online to get the extended warranty from Flood since my dealer couldn't match it. Was so easy to pay in full online! As I wanted to also add a maintenance plan, it says to call them to add it, and I figured I would use my FordPass points on that.

Made one call, guy says sure we can add it. I said and I want to use my points. He says sure how many and I said as much as possible!! He said use same credit card I said yes! Whole phone call was <3 minutes. I had 47k points and used all to get $235 off. My contracts are in email and populated on Fordpass within a few days. SO EASY!
Sponsored

camattin

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost 4x4
Huh, I bought my truck on March 5. Ford Credit is still not populated with the new vehicle yet. Still showing my 2016, though it does show paid in full for that one (traded in).
I was having the same thing. But it turns out it was there, just hidden. Think the 'fix' was to go to settings->vehicle information.

Once it is "fixed" you'll see a drop-down next to the vehicle, e.g.:
Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 1617742990859

Ford F-150 Extended Service Plans ESPs 1617743008965

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
I was having the same thing. But it turns out it was there, just hidden. Think the 'fix' was to go to settings->vehicle information.

Once it is "fixed" you'll see a drop-down next to the vehicle, e.g.:
1617742990859.png

1617743008965.png
And just like that, my new truck magically appears on the screen. Thanks Chris.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
For 8-years/100K miles/0 deductible - I am seeing the following prices for premiumCare ESP
  • Zeigler - $2255
  • Flood - $2155
  • Anderson and Koch - $2055
Any reason why Anderson and Koch would not be the obvious choice?

Also - Zeigler also offers a protect maintenance plan. For 7500 miles service interval, it is $1800. I did not see it elsewhere. We are the types that take the vehicle to the dealer for service. Is it worthwhile?

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
For 8-years/100K miles/0 deductible - I am seeing the following prices for premiumCare ESP
  • Zeigler - $2255
  • Flood - $2155
  • Anderson and Koch - $2055
Any reason why Anderson and Koch would not be the obvious choice?

Also - Zeigler also offers a protect maintenance plan. For 7500 miles service interval, it is $1800. I did not see it elsewhere. We are the types that take the vehicle to the dealer for service. Is it worthwhile?
Last month Flood’s price was $2055. My local dealer said his cost was more and $2055 was a great deal.

Sponsored

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Instead of buying a 7y/100k mile plan (just as an example) on day 1 of ownership, wouldn't it be better/cheaper to buy a 4y/100k mile plan towards the end of the 3y factory warranty?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Instead of buying a 7y/100k mile plan (just as an example) on day 1 of ownership, wouldn't it be better/cheaper to buy a 4y/100k mile plan towards the end of the 3y factory warranty?
No, the price goes up the older the truck is. Try it punching in a 3 year old truck with say 30,000 miles.

kavm
When I got mine from Flood seems like I say the maintenance part. You had to select it somewhere on their webpage but don't remember where for I don't get those. As I remember when I crunched the numbers there is no real savings there.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I ended up buying from Andersen and Koch. [ @currybob - Thanks for the links on post #1]. I bought both ESP and plans -
  • PremiumCare ESP for $2055 (Flood was $100 more and Zeigler was $200 more
  • I also bought the Premium maintenance plan from them. It's 20 visits in 8 years/100K miles for $2095 (only a $100 discount as I bought the ESP). Not exactly the bargain of the century but I believe 20 visits including tax will average more than $100 dollars per visit. What it covers is:
    • Engine oil and filter changes
    • Multi-point inspections
    • Tire rotations
    • Brake pads and linings
    • Shock absorbers/struts
    • Spark plugs
    • Clutch discs
    • Engine belts
    • Engine coolant hoses, clamps and o-ring seals
      Wiper blades

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I ended up buying from Andersen and Koch. [ @currybob - Thanks for the links on post #1]. I bought both ESP and plans -
  • I also bought the Premium maintenance plan from them. It's 20 visits in 8 years/100K miles for $2095 (only a $100 discount as I bought the ESP). Not exactly the bargain of the century but I believe 20 visits including tax will average more than $100 dollars per visit. What it covers is:
    • Tire rotations
    • Brake pads and linings
    • Shock absorbers/struts
    • Spark plugs
    • Clutch discs
    • Engine belts
      Wiper blades
Unfortunately the way rotors are made today, it's been my experience that every brake pad replacement requires a rotor replacement.

Reactions: sbi

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
    • Tire rotations
    • Brake pads and linings
    • Shock absorbers/struts
    • Spark plugs
    • Clutch discs
    • Engine belts
      Wiper blades
hmmmm have to check the Raptors price on shocks,,,, maybe it makes more sense as I'm sure replacement cost will be up there. Also I just thought about inflation that we are already seeing (keep printing that money) ... just because an oil change cost xx right now does not mean it will cost that 3 years from now......... a plan locks in the price for you

Sponsored

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Is anyone adding on the $50 "First Day Rental" option? Based on what I read this coverage will get you a rental (up to $30/day) even if you don't have to leave your vehicle overnight for warranty related repair. Is it guaranteed that your dealer will have a rental available? Seems like a really good detail if you don't want the inconvenience of waiting at the dealer while your vehicle is serviced for warranty items or having someone pick you up at the dealer and bring you back later.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Is anyone adding on the $50 "First Day Rental" option? Based on what I read this coverage will get you a rental (up to $30/day) even if you don't have to leave your vehicle overnight for warranty related repair. Is it guaranteed that your dealer will have a rental available? Seems like a really good detail if you don't want the inconvenience of waiting at the dealer while your vehicle is serviced for warranty items or having someone pick you up at the dealer and bring you back later.
I have it. If they do not have a loaner they will rent you a vehicle from Enterprise or the like.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have it also and used it once on my 2018. You should schedule your appointment and let them know you will need a loaner. They needed my truck for the seat belt re-call, said it would take about 4 hours. They gave me a loner and off I went. Came back later that afternoon and picked my truck up.

It's great to keep the inconvenience down to a minimum.

On my 21 I added the rental upgrade also. Gets you a nicer vehicle and for more days if necessary. I just used it recently. Had the windshield recall and some software update. They had the truck for 4 days because it went over the weekend.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
"Built Ford Tough" must not mean "Built Ford Well" if buying extended warranties at the point of purchase is a good idea. I have never needed a major repair on any vehicle I owned.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
"Built Ford Tough" must not mean "Built Ford Well" if buying extended warranties at the point of purchase is a good idea. I have never needed a major repair on any vehicle I owned.
its all about the technology these days..... major costs real fast if there is any issue

Question for those that purchased - is there a max payout on the policy?
Sponsored