CostcoAuto.com <?>

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Is anybody having luck with CostcoAuto.com?
Ford F-150 CostcoAuto.com <?> cap-logo-2015
Wide variations exist, I think, and "they" seem to treat differently:
  1. An F-150 already on their lot; OR
  2. A Special-Order F-150.
Some seem to think CostcoAuto is just a lead-generator, ala Edmunds or Cars.com; Others say they've received real discounts, excellent and courteous treatment and a true "no-hassle" experience (as their website promises).

Please sound off, folks.
Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I heard good things about it. I tried to use it, they got me in contact with a local dealer who then proceeded to ignore me. I sent survey requests saying I wasn't happy, nothing done.

I just ended up doing my own shopping instead.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
They actually offer good discounts. Usually invoice plus a certain percent. Dealer has to have a deal with them though, and that can be rare. For instance though, with the new Escalade a dealership that had worked with Costco was selling for like 4k off MSRP when a lot of dealerships were charging mark ups. I couldn't find a dealership in any areas that I was trying to buy that were doing it for the F150 though.

DEN-CO-F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Stone Gray 401a Tremor
I'm using it right now to look for a truck. The Costco site basically just referred me to a dealer after I built what I wanted. They didn't have it in stock, but they have been looking. They had one close and they basically said they could do $250 off invoice plus I got the incentives still. They do have a Lead Foot coming in, but the VIN on the sticker they sent doesn't match the options when I put I put that VIN in Ford Fleet Live. Different gear ratio, bed length, etc. I'm guessing the sticker is right. <crosses fingers>

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
Is anybody having luck with CostcoAuto.com?
cap-logo-2015.png
Wide variations exist, I think, and "they" seem to treat differently:
  1. An F-150 already on their lot; OR
  2. A Special-Order F-150.
Some seem to think CostcoAuto is just a lead-generator, ala Edmunds or Cars.com; Others say they've received real discounts, excellent and courteous treatment and a true "no-hassle" experience (as their website promises).

Please sound off, folks.
So, being in Alaska there is no Costco honoring Ford up here... and I wanted a Powerboost.
So, I used the Costco program to investigate my neighbors, Washington State. I was directed to Sound Ford in Renton. They were so squared away, and luckily because I built what I wanted on Costco, they were able to right away shoot me two models that match my request. Which was great because their website and every other Ford I checked (First week of February) no dealer could properly identify or designate F-150 models as Powerboost. After reviewing theirs I saw that fuel mileage 24/24 was the quickest way to identify Powerboost without having to crack open the Vin tracker or window stickers.
Turns out the first dealer through Costco was all I needed. Those two models they provided were more than I would order specific had I made a special order.
However, I told him I’m also X plan. So, I ended up buying my wife’s truck through them with the X plan and a healthy list of programs incentives.
Not only did Alaska not have a Costco honoring Ford, there was only 1 Powerboost in the state at the time. I saved $11k +- and ended up paying ~$2k to barge it up and in 3 days I had my wife’s new daily driver.
And in as few words possible... ? that was my experience.

Ford F-150 CostcoAuto.com <?> 17A09317-8B0F-4CA6-AAFE-F03AA2375E81

Ford F-150 CostcoAuto.com <?> DDBA700E-95B8-4C25-A933-2C6A8C758424

Ford F-150 CostcoAuto.com <?> 128F72DE-240C-4913-A27D-0322F9355EC9

Sponsored

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
I used Costco to buy mine. My no-haggle price was very close to invoice; I ordered it 3rd week in December and took delivery mid-March. They sent me to a dealer that was about 19 miles away even though there were 4 dealers closer.

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
I bought mine from Ron DePret ford in Dixon Calif. end of december 2020. Got $700 under dealer cost with costco and a 15% off parts and service from costco

Tucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Sadly, every dealer I have contacted up to 6 hours away, refuses to honor the price for a F-150 as soon as I say I want the 3.5L Powerboost Full hybrid

drcraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 4X4
I had an excellent experience with Costco. It beat x plan pricing by quite a bit. I ordered a Platinum 4x4 supercrew with MSRP of $72,310, Invoice of $67,574 and Costco price of $66,844. Once the truck is delivered I am also eligible for any related incentives, including package savings (-500), customer cash (-500), financing (-1,000), farm bureau (-500), recent graduate (-750). The costco experience has been great, easy and transparent.

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
So, being in Alaska there is no Costco honoring Ford up here... and I wanted a Powerboost.
So, I used the Costco program to investigate my neighbors, Washington State. I was directed to Sound Ford in Renton. They were so squared away, and luckily because I built what I wanted on Costco, they were able to right away shoot me two models that match my request. Which was great because their website and every other Ford I checked (First week of February) no dealer could properly identify or designate F-150 models as Powerboost. After reviewing theirs I saw that fuel mileage 24/24 was the quickest way to identify Powerboost without having to crack open the Vin tracker or window stickers.
Turns out the first dealer through Costco was all I needed. Those two models they provided were more than I would order specific had I made a special order.
However, I told him I’m also X plan. So, I ended up buying my wife’s truck through them with the X plan and a healthy list of programs incentives.
Not only did Alaska not have a Costco honoring Ford, there was only 1 Powerboost in the state at the time. I saved $11k +- and ended up paying ~$2k to barge it up and in 3 days I had my wife’s new daily driver.
And in as few words possible... ? that was my experience.

17A09317-8B0F-4CA6-AAFE-F03AA2375E81.jpeg

DDBA700E-95B8-4C25-A933-2C6A8C758424.jpeg

128F72DE-240C-4913-A27D-0322F9355EC9.jpeg
Nice to see a fellow Alaskan with a new F150! I ended up going through Pierre Ford in Seattle area that gave me an insane deal (no tax helped) and using AML for transporting to Juneau.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
I just used Costco Auto to custom Order a 2.7 V6 XLT. The dealer gave a me a different price compared to what was on the Costco Website, not a significant difference but still higher than quoted on Costco. Anyway, order has been placed and hopefully everything turns out well
Sponsored