Who’s Happy!?!?

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
I am more then pleased with the truck, I am glad I bought it and I would do it again if given the chance. This is my first new truck purchase and my first Ford purchase. I was very impressed with how Ford stepped up during the Covid 19 nonsense. My family is a GM family but I don’t like what GM has done lately and their interiors look god awful. Dodge? No way. I truly believe Ford is the way to go with trucks, and I have never been a Ford guy.

My truck had the surface rust on the rear axle and I call it surface rust because that’s what mine was, anyone with it worse that that...I am sorry for ya, I would be pissed.

I crawled under it, hit the surface rust I had with a wire brush on a drill, painted the rear axle along with the pumpkin and then fluid filmed the entire underbody. I have never heard of fluid film but it seems to have a good reputation. I live south of Detroit ( 12 miles from the Dearborn truck plant) so rust is just a thing we deal with. I have never had a car without it.
The new truck is a very Smooth riding vehicle. My wife grew up in the country so pretty much grew up in trucks. She was amazed how great of a ride it is. great seats, great tech and 4 of my neighbors work for Ford so I am helping support my block.
Have faith in the blue oval and enjoy

oh and yes I have driven the truck past the plant haha. I had to!
It was fun to see the porters moving brand new trucks from lot to lot getting them ready for transport and also seeing some of the line workers walking out to their cars see the 21 driving by and then admire their work.
Hey what did you use for paint?
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Rustoleum rust reformer
That's not really paint although it turns everything black. Still worth hitting with satin or glossy black after.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I love the truck,absolutely the best truck I have ever had, but I am very disappointed in the Goodyear Wrangler territory AT.

They struggle to make off camber turns and not make noises while turning. They are fine in a straight line, but ask them to do 2 things at once and they are not happy.
3500 km's on the truck and I am switching to Michelins.

I am very surprised that Ford would put these on this new truck. Not at all impressed with the tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm very happy, have had zero issues including no rust. Everytime I drive I can't believe I'm in the a truck. The road noise and ride quality is amazing....and it's really fast when you need it!

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
At 1,000 miles + still satisfied with the truck. Still happy to walk up to it. Still learning things about what it can do. Best factory nav I've owned.

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
I'm very happy, have had zero issues including no rust. Everytime I drive I can't believe I'm in the a truck. The road noise and ride quality is amazing....and it's really fast when you need it!
Which engine you choose?

jd281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Lariat Powerboost with 800 miles and I love this truck. Incredibly comfortable, so much power I have to be careful with it, and the technology features are truly top notch. I purposely bought a 21 for the hybrid and the over the air updates as I think both are game changers. I have experienced no issues and have no rust.

Get excited for your new truck!

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I love the truck, but I am very disappointed in the Goodyear Wrangler territory AT.

They struggle to make off camber turns and not make noises while turning. They are fine in a straight line, but ask them to do 2 things at once and they are not happy.
3500 km's on the truck and I am switching to Michelins.

I am very surprised that Ford would put these on this new truck. Not at all impressed with the tires.
I could not agree more. After 1400 miles on the Goodyears, I swapped them out and installed the Michelin Defenders. The Goodyears made the truck feel nervous at interstate speeds . With the Michelins on, it feels like a completely different truck... smooth, steady, and stable. Huge difference. Very happy now!

Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I could not agree more. After 1400 miles on the Goodyears, I swapped them out and installed the Michelin Defenders. The Goodyears made the truck feel nervous at interstate speeds . With the Michelins on, it feels like a completely different truck... smooth, steady, and stable. Huge difference. Very happy now!
Exactly, getting on the highway, onramps the Goodyear Wrangler wants to float and bounce through the corners.

I can't wait to see the difference with the Michelin Defenders LTX MS. I ordered them and they will be here next week.

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is my very first truck, and didn't quite know what to expect. A leap of faith I'd call it, especially with a brand new model year refresh. I read a lot of things here, and elsewhere, and watched countless videos. Needless to day, I was a bit nervous too before taking delivery.

I've now owned it for a couple of weeks and I'm very pleased with it. A few minor annoyances, but no show stoppers whatsoever. Everything works as intended and I couldn't be happier. It's one of the very best vehicles I've ever owned and if I had to re-do it all over again, I certainly would (minus all the time I had to wait for it though lol!)

Last edited:

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
What pressure are you guys running those Goodyears at?

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
I have only owned two trucks, this one and a GMC Canyon. This truck is amazing. It makes the Canyon look like utter garbage. I have no complaints and the 2.7L engine is amazing for daily driving.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is my very first truck, and didn't know quite what to expect. A leap of faith I'd call it, especially with a brand new model year refresh. I read a lot of things here, and elsewhere, and watched countless videos. Needless to day, I was a bit nervous too before taking delivery.

I've now owned it for a couple of weeks and I'm very pleased with it. A few minor annoyances, but no show stoppers whatsoever. Everything works as intended and I couldn't be happier. It's one of the very best vehicles I've ever owned and if I had to re-do it all over again, I certainly would (minus all the time I had to wait for it though lol!)
congratulations, enjoy it. They are awesome vehicles overall.
Sponsored