First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Build 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I had a start date of march 20 and a end date of march 26. Doesn‘t matter when I placed the order but I got this from the dealer first with the vin. I went on the ford site and tracked it to the same finish date. Of course now it doesn’t show a finish date only that it is being made. The dealer made me laugh when he said he had some pull as they do a ton of trucks....not so. I don’t expect it until June or so. My build is the rule now perhaps yours will be the exception.
Sponsored

Trucky McTruckface

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 XLT Supercab.
I THINK I belong here..... I ordered my Supercab XLT on 2/25 and got my VIN from my buddy at the dealership around 3/25. I am in Canada so the ford tracking doesn't work and the other tracker shows "In order Processing". I ask my buddy for an update today and was told my build date is 4/26. He may have meant week. He said he has no idea when it will arrive as their shipping times are all over the place. He did say that they've had trucks with build dates and they arrive at their dealership before the build date somehow... So I'm hoping for that miracle ;) .

melthon

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT BAP Carbonized Grey (Fully Loaded) 3.5
I had an original build date of the last week of Feb then every week it was pushed back to the next. Now it is set for the 4/26 week. Ordered back in Nov. Plat, Hybrid, lay flat, work surface, max tow, fx4. Im not holding my breath for the 4/26 week either. Good luck to all as I’m not having much of it :)

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Mind if I have a seat guys? Jan 11th order, first date was March 15th, Then April 5th, now a April 28th build day. Looking forward to sharing my frustrations with you all.

Sponsored

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Look like I get to join the club all the way from the 4/5 crew. Currently scheduled build day is April 30th.

Ford F-150 4/26 Build Week f150

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Look like I get to join the club all the way from the 4/5 crew. Currently scheduled build day is April 30th.

f150.jpeg
so 2 months from order to build. If it doesn't slip further. And it takes about a month to get to the dealer once it's built

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Article from Ford Authority today.

As we’ve covered extensively in recent months, automotive production has been severely impacted by the global semiconductor chip shortage. As of right now, it doesn’t seem like this issue will be resolve until Q3 at the earliest, so automakers are forced to do the best they can with what chips they are able to secure, which in Ford’s case are being used in its most profitable vehicles like the 2021 Ford F-150. Meanwhile, the Biden administration has been considering its options to help get the supply chain back on track as well.
Regardless, Ford F-150 production has still been shut down on three different occasions, and both President Joe Biden and Ford CEO Jim Farley have publically called for more domestic chip production to prevent this shortage from happening again. Now, two top Biden administration aides will host a meeting to discuss these supply chain issues with both automakers and chipmakers.
As we reported earlier today, Ford and its suppliers are already rethinking the way they approach the supply chain, and both are ditching the tried-and-true just-in-time approach to inventory and production by stocking up on critical parts and components. Additionally, Ford has begun buying specialized chips from chipmakers rather than going through middleman suppliers in an effort to speed up the process of receiving the much-needed components.

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Article from Ford Authority today.

As we’ve covered extensively in recent months, automotive production has been severely impacted by the global semiconductor chip shortage. As of right now, it doesn’t seem like this issue will be resolve until Q3 at the earliest, so automakers are forced to do the best they can with what chips they are able to secure, which in Ford’s case are being used in its most profitable vehicles like the 2021 Ford F-150. Meanwhile, the Biden administration has been considering its options to help get the supply chain back on track as well.
Regardless, Ford F-150 production has still been shut down on three different occasions, and both President Joe Biden and Ford CEO Jim Farley have publically called for more domestic chip production to prevent this shortage from happening again. Now, two top Biden administration aides will host a meeting to discuss these supply chain issues with both automakers and chipmakers.
As we reported earlier today, Ford and its suppliers are already rethinking the way they approach the supply chain, and both are ditching the tried-and-true just-in-time approach to inventory and production by stocking up on critical parts and components. Additionally, Ford has begun buying specialized chips from chipmakers rather than going through middleman suppliers in an effort to speed up the process of receiving the much-needed components.
So no hope until probably after September. I hope my Lariat EB 3.5L with sport and max tow is profitable enough for them to prioritize it

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
Just contacted my dealer and was told that my build had slipped to 30 April so I guess I am now part of the April 26 build week. Can't complain at this point, it only slipped the two week shutdown.

Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Just contacted my dealer and was told that my build had slipped to 30 April so I guess I am now part of the April 26 build week. Can't complain at this point, it only slipped the two week shutdown.
You have an exact date assigned already?

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
The order was picked up on 5 March.
What does "picked up" mean? Over on the other f150 forum it that guy showed me my order and it shows I'm assigned a build week but thats it
Sponsored