Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I found the TD would just increase my rates every year until I left
Did you have TD’s 5 year cost replacement solution? This causes your insurance to increase annually until the 6th year, when it will drop back down again.

Though I wasn’t happy about my increasing premiums, this coverage saved my ass. My 2015 F150 was totalled back in October by a red light runner, almost to the day the 5 year coverage was set to expire. After a few months of arguing with TD, they eventually wrote me a cheque for the full replacement cost.
Sponsored

ivorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT 302
Did you have TD’s 5 year cost replacement solution? This causes your insurance to increase annually until the 6th year, when it will drop back down again.

Though I wasn’t happy about my increasing premiums, this coverage saved my ass. My 2015 F150 was totalled back in October by a red light runner, almost to the day the 5 year coverage was set to expire. After a few months of arguing with TD, they eventually wrote me a cheque for the full replacement cost.
Yeah I had their replacement insurance as well, I know that causes the price to go up over time since the gap increases. At the time my car was over 5 years old and my truck that I had just added to the plan was brand new so I had replacement insurance on the competitor quote as well. The nice thing about TD is that they do it for 5 years, I think most other companies will only do it for 3 years.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
That’s pretty darn good. I also have the APEGA discount, but my quote does not include a second vehicle or home insurance discount.

Are you happy with The Personal? I was was with TD MM previously, but am thinking of switching for the savings.
I was with TD forever but when APEGA switched to The Personal I gave them a call it and was no brainer. We always got a great rate with TD (I thought) but The Personal was SIGNIFICATLY better for the vehicles and about the same for the home.

Just for interest, I just got off the phone with AMA and the cost for both our vehicles was a little over $4000. With The Personal it is a little under $1900.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
Same here, our Limited PB is about $50 more a year then our old 15 Lariat which I think is awesome. We have bellairdirect, way cheaper then any other insurance company around. we live in SW Ontario. fyi

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
Same here, our Limited PB is about $50 more a year then our old 15 Lariat which I think is awesome. We have bellairdirect, way cheaper then any other insurance company around. we live in SW Ontario. fyi
They are cheaper until you have a claim. Used to have home & auto with them. Had a claim on the home policy. On renewal they said they could not renew because of the claim. Which meant I would loose the combined home and auto discount, so they were nolonger cheaper.....

Sponsored

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
They are cheaper until you have a claim. Used to have home & auto with them. Had a claim on the home policy. On renewal they said they could not renew because of the claim. Which meant I would loose the combined home and auto discount, so they were nolonger cheaper.....
Wow, Sorry to hear that. We had a few auto claims over the years that never effected our annual premium?

JayceeP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My insurance went through the roof with TD when I got the F150. It went even higher after I officially gave my wife my other SUV once I got the F150 in the driveway. We have had 2 cars and home insurance with TD for a decade but between that and a declining deductible that was supposed to be transferred to the new F150 that all of a sudden couldn’t happen, I switched to Johnson.
My insurance is still up having got the F150 but I’m saving about $600/year across the 3 policies.

I’m paying $1,4XX/year on the F150 (Lariat 502a).

spawner

First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Designer
Checked my insurance based on the provided VIN (no track yet) and my insurance will be lower, strange enough Truck is lower than my SUV
Sponsored