Sponsored

What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
I am curious to know what folks are getting for MPG for around town and for any highway trip in the real world. I don't expect that towing would see any improvement over the 3.5 Ecoboost, but lots of us buying these are getting them in hopes of overall improved mileage.
When driving it hard and fast, I get 21mpg. When driving normal it's getting 26-28 mpg. 1 third of the mpg is electric. It all depends on how you want to drive. It's really a fast truck when flooring the gas paddle, you can choose how much you want to spend in gas.
Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
What octane fuel is everyone using in their powerboost. I think 91 was recommended but I'm told 87 will be fine. Would like some imput please.
I have been running 87 octane and just filled up with 91 today. I plan to see what the difference is in mileage. There definitely is a difference in the way the engine runs. It does not have any drag while under light exceleration. I don't mean that there is a drag, I just mean that the engine is not working as hard and throttle input is reduced when compared to 87 octane.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I think I have too many hills in my area. I am in eco and driving like a grandma and can't get above 18.5. The analysis percentages that get shown after the route are always in the high 90's. Not sure what is going on with my mileage.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I have too many hills in my area. I am in eco and driving like a grandma and can't get above 18.5. The analysis percentages that get shown after the route are always in the high 90's. Not sure what is going on with my mileage.
I find Head winds, Warm up idling and travelling above 75 mph definitely do not help you with mileage.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I find Head winds, Warm up idling and travelling above 75 mph definitely do not help you with mileage.
Can't control head winds, never bothered to pay attention to that. But I typically do not do any of the other two.

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Will I ever get the 24 mpg? I highly doubt it because I don't make any long drives anymore. A vast majority of my driving is within a 15-20 mile radius. All I can say is even if the LOM is off by 10%, I'm getting the best gas mileage of any truck I've owned. And I've owned more than 40.

PJBecker

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Mechanical Technician
I am curious to know what folks are getting for MPG for around town and for any highway trip in the real world. I don't expect that towing would see any improvement over the 3.5 Ecoboost, but lots of us buying these are getting them in hopes of overall improved mileage.
I got mine 1st week of Feb. Took me a couple weeks to learn what it liked. Avoiding freeways, I have a personal best of 27.7 MPG over a 33 mile drive to work. That's in normal mode not really driving like a grandma.

Pete

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
Folks following this thread might find this just-posted video of interest. The F150 is a XLT PB and the owner, who has a Youtube channel some/many of you view on occasion, was shooting for an around-town mileage of 30 mpg.

Jack
I am getting tired of these Truck Youtubers. I thought he would be a good alternative to the TFL crew but I think he is worse. I cannot put my finger on why, but for some reason I find him so disingenuous and unlikeable. He is now selling the 2021 XLT because it's no longer useful in the Youtube world.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
295/70R18, 3:73 Gears and my gauge still shows 23 MPG. Disclaimer, my MPG is actually better then what's shown given the roughly 6.8% larger tire diameter. This is running premium gas. If I run the cheap stuff it knocks off about 3 MPG. I also run the normal mode because I get tired of constantly having to put it back in Eco. I'm in the process of getting a real MPG by calculating it myself.

Ford F-150 What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost? IMG_2576

Last edited:

Sponsored

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I am getting tired of these Truck Youtubers. I thought he would be a good alternative to the TFL crew but I think he is worse. I cannot put my finger on why, but for some reason I find him so disingenuous and unlikeable. He is now selling the 2021 XLT because it's no longer useful in the Youtube world.
Having watched this particular YouTuber a number of times, I can confidently say I am not a fan. I give him credit for helping expose the F-150 rust issue but for little else. He often doesn’t know what he is talking about, is frequently ill prepared, and often just fumbles through reading web pages aloud, adding little value. I could go much further but will instead remain within the bounds of Forum Decorum. ?

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
295/70R18, 3:73 Gears and my gauge still shows 23 MPG. Disclaimer, my MPG is actually better then what's shown given the roughly 8.6% larger tire diameter. This is running premium gas. If I run the cheap stuff it knocks off about 3 MPG. I also run the normal mode because I get tired of constantly having to put it back in Eco. I'm in the process of getting a real MPG by calculating it myself.

IMG_2576.jpg
You put on larger tires and you’re assuming your odometer is still correct? I’ve found that most odometer, especially on Fords to be off even with OEM tires.

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
You put on larger tires and you’re assuming your odometer is still correct? I’ve found that most odometer, especially on Fords to be off even with OEM tires.
I'm not really sure how you got that out of my comment?

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, I am sure he is a nice guy and such, but there is something about his presentation that seems a little guarded. I had to laugh at his one video where the rear door was open and he was frustrated because the light would not go off. Wrong side door bud. ?. It happens to us all but that is where he lost me.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I've had the same thought. He kept popping up since I have a very similar truck to him (XLT 302A PB), but I'm at the point to where I can't stand him. I keep telling Youtube to take his videos out of my recommended list.

Honestly, old school internet forums remain to me the best place for real information from people who actually have invested in the platform for themselves, not to try to make a garbage internet show.
Sponsored