First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
I am keeping my V8. I ordered a 2021 F 150 XLT FX4 Regular Cab, fully loaded, 6.5 ft. bed,
3.73 Axle, Velocity Blue, Carbonized Gray trim on bottom. They have start/stop darn feature, but there is a button on the dash to turn it off. Most likely have to turn it off every time it is started.
I like the 122 inch wheelbase, easy to park and get around the big City in. :) Rare 2021 vehicle. Ford only now makes the regular cab and 6.5 ft bed. Regards, Zale San Antonio
Sponsored

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
I am keeping my V8. I ordered a 2021 F 150 XLT FX4 Regular Cab, fully loaded, 6.5 ft. bed,
3.73 Axle, Velocity Blue, Carbonized Gray trim on bottom. They have start/stop darn feature, but there is a button on the dash to turn it off. Most likely have to turn it off every time it is started.
I like the 122 inch wheelbase, easy to park and get around the big City in. :) Rare 2021 vehicle. Ford only now makes the regular cab and 6.5 ft bed. Regards, Zale San Antonio
Can you tell us if it has deactivation cylinders?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I bought one of these for my 2018. It holds the last selection of the start stop button. That way you never have to turn it back on. If you want it, you can turn it on at any time.

Worked beautifully and was very easy to install. Throws no codes or warning lights. When I took it off the truck it went right back to working the way it did new.

I took it off my 18 when I sold it, hoping it will work on the 21. If not I will get the newer version form them when it comes out.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2015-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
I bought one of these for my 2018. It holds the last selection of the start stop button. That way you never have to turn it back on. If you want it, you can turn it on at any time.

Worked beautifully and was very easy to install. Throws no codes or warning lights. When I took it off the truck it went right back to working the way it did new.

I took it off my 18 when I sold it, hoping it will work on the 21. If not I will get the newer version form them when it comes out.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2015-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator
currybob,
Which version did you buy?

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yes it does

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
dammit---another thing to possibly fail.
Sure some of you guys may be trading every 3-4 years, but I tend to keep mine for 20+
Dropping cylinders is kind of annoying to me. Every vehicle I have been in that had it, I can feel it happen, driver or passenger.
Extended warrantee may be warranted just to deal with this aspect of the car.

yeet1331

First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Ford Explorer Limited, 4.6L V8 4x2
I hope Ford ain’t as dumb as GM. One opts for the v8 so it runs on 8 cylinders, not four. If you care about fuel economy get an EcoBoost, they outsell the 5.0 six to one anyway

3Ranger11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ranger
Occupation
Interstate commerce transport engineer
I just saw a new video online of some guy talking about the cylinder deactivation. I truly hope it’s all a rumor because I really don’t want to have to buy a super duty to get a v8 without it.

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I wonder if there will be a way for the consumer to deactivate it without using something like FORScan.

SJLCJL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4, 2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hoping the guys at autostopeliminator are working on something for it.. I would think you could disable it somehow with Forscan.. Probably just put it in tow mode to disable it as well.. But that does other stuff too...

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I’m holding out some hope
Cannot find anything coming directly from a Ford.
Just a couple of videos from a video blogger
No literature about it anywhere that I can find.
(Some clipping from an article that says “Ford reps say—“ does Not really count)
And would certainly think there would be a mention of it in the downloaded brochure.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I’m holding out some hope
Cannot find anything coming directly from a Ford.
Just a couple of videos from a video blogger
No literature about it anywhere that I can find.
(Some clipping from an article that says “Ford reps say—“ does Not really count)
And would certainly think there would be a mention of it in the downloaded brochure.
Some people have claimed ford said it during the unveiling event. But I never heard/saw it. Also nobody was able to link it to me lol

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost