Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Installed my new Revolver X4s truck cover on my Smoked Quartz King Ranch. I had a Revolver x2 on my previous 2017 XLT which I liked but it had a couple of flaws both of which have been addressed in the X4s.

I like the Revolver covers as they seem provide a little better security a typical tonneau cover. Constructed of aluminum allows an evenly distributed 300lbs on top of the cover when closed. I enjoy that when it's rolled up against the cab it doesn't block your entire view out the back window like most bakflip type covers.

The two problems I had with the original version centered around the heavy felt used on the backside of the cover that you used to roll up the cover. After a few hot summers in the Texas sun, the adhesive on the felt backing gave way and the felt came off of the cover. While Bak Industries had a replacement kit, based on reviews this adhesive also failed.

On the new X4s, they have ditched the felt and gone with a more rubberized material that seems to be attached much better than the original felt. Only time will tell how the new backing holds up, but at first blush this seems like a marked improvement.

The second problem with the original cover was the strap latches used to secure the rolled up cover at the front of the bed. These were typical plastic male/female buckle claps that proved awkward latching against the rolled cover. Bak has ditched the traditional buckles and gone with a T shape handle that's inserted into a slot and rotated 90 degress to lock it in. This seems much easier and more secure. Again nice improvement.

Last not really a failing of the original model, but a convenient improvement on the design are the plastic hand knobs rather the original metal nuts. This means the rollable cover can now be removed quickly and easily without the need for any tools.

So far I'm very happy with my purchase. Well done Bak/Truck Hero

Here are some pics.

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 20210323_160302

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 20210323_160437

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 20210323_160502

Ford F-150 Installed a New Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover 20210323_160506
Sponsored

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert
Beautiful! I installed my own X4S last weekend! My neighbor has had an X2 since '18 on his F-150 and I've noted all your concerns on his, except for the felt giving way (we're up here in CT). Once I saw that BAK made the X4S improvements, my decision was made right away. Enjoy your new cover!

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Does the power tailgate work pretty easy with that cover? Looks good

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
Very nice. I had a soft rolling cover on my last truck. I have been leaning towards a folding, like the bakflip, but nice to know this is an option! Any idea how much it weighs vs. a folding cover, like the mx4?

Sponsored

MJEngstrom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X3, 2021 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
IT
This looks great. I just ordered a Lomax trifold but wish I went this direction instead.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Thanks for posting about the X4s. I was slightly hesitant in ordering one because of the felt issue you mentioned. This makes me feel better about getting one and I'll order shortly so it's waiting for my truck to arrive.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Very nice. I had a soft rolling cover on my last truck. I have been leaning towards a folding, like the bakflip, but nice to know this is an option! Any idea how much it weighs vs. a folding cover, like the mx4?
sorry I'm not sure how much it weighs one vs. the other. It operates easily with one person and I installed it all by myself. I would think the BAK industries site probably lists the product weight.

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
sorry I'm not sure how much it weighs one vs. the other. It operates easily with one person and I installed it all by myself. I would think the BAK industries site probably lists the product weight.
thanks! Just ordered one from realtruck. Great price!

Sponsored

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
thanks! Just ordered one from realtruck. Great price!
I just received my Truxedo Sentry CT from realtruck today. The clamps were not in the packaging.. 2-3 days for support to even acknowledge my issue. Good Luck.

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
I installed the Truxedo Sentry CT as well. I really like it, but this looks like a great alternative. Had I known about the Bakflip above, I might have gone that route. Both are good choices, but really like your analysis.

OP
OP
Longhorngary

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just received my Truxedo Sentry CT from realtruck today. The clamps were not in the packaging.. 2-3 days for support to even acknowledge my issue. Good Luck.
This was my third purchase from Real Truck and I've never had an issue. Sorry you're having issues.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
If you are ordering one of these. Or most any tonneau cover make sure you try www.TonneauCovered.com. I used the chat function but you can call as well to get the special pricing. I saved about $250 on my MX4. Only thing is it takes about 4 weeks to ship.

Egilson1

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat powerboost
I ordered a Revolver X4s today from real truck for 22% off list (web site) price by reaching out to one of the sales guys on another f150 forum. shipped today and arrives Tuesday. Granted, it’s for the 6.5’ bed, so, don’t know if that is more or less available than the 5.5’ ones. But sub 1k for it is a heck of a deal.
Sponsored