executive

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport Hybrid
Occupation
Aerospace
Diamondback Bed Covers are now available for the 2021 F150. I ordered the SE model today. My brother has the HD model, they are well built and he has never had water in the bed of his truck. link attached if you are interested.
Aluminum Locking Tonneau Covers - DiamondBack SE – DiamondBack Covers

Eric
Eric, do you have a power tailgate on your new F150? Does the tailgate open and close with the keyfob?

Diamondback FAQ states "Auto-opening the tailgate via key fob may not work."

thanks.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Eric, do you have a power tailgate on your new F150? Does the tailgate open and close with the keyfob?

thanks.
I contacted them regarding this. They said the power tailgate wont work unless "you loosen it up near the tailgate area, but might cause weather to be able to enter the bed". Which is one of the reasons to buy this cover. I'm not getting it for this reason.

OP
OP

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive

thanks.
Yes I do have the power tailgate, but am ok if that feature does not work unless I unlock/open the cover. Having a weathertight cover that is secure is my main objective.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace
Yes I do have the power tailgate, but am ok if that feature does not work unless I unlock/open the cover. Having a weathertight cover that is secure is my main objective.
Eric - I agree. The DB cover has all my wants/needs. When you install the SE cover I'd be curious what happens if you remote open the power tailgate, does it not open at all? Or does it damage the weather stripping? Could you modify or substitute the weather stripping to promote the power tailgate? Appreciate your feedback.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
Eric - I agree. The DB cover has all my wants/needs. When you install the SE cover I'd be curious what happens if you remote open the power tailgate, does it not open at all? Or does it damage the weather stripping? Could you modify or substitute the weather stripping to promote the power tailgate? Appreciate your feedback.
I am "hopefully " a month out until I receive the truck and bed cover. Will do a video and provide feedback. It is easy to adjust how tight it closes, but if I have to chose between watertight and auto tailgate, it will be water tight. Hopefully I can find the sweet spot. I can see myself being locked inside with my wife outside with a garden hose for testing. I better start being extra nice, this could be a really bad spot for me ?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I can see myself being locked inside with my wife outside with a garden hose for testing. I better start being extra nice, this could be a really bad spot for me ?
Careful, might end up at a landfil.

I had a major heart attack a few years ago. Spouse had already bought me a Taurus 45/410 for Christmas.
So while I was recovering and not able to play with the new toy, she had me update all of my beneficiary info. ( was hooked up to a monitor shocker for two months)
As soon as the doc said I could remove the monitor, SHE suggested we go play with some guns.
I thought about this for a minute and realized I have read this story several times.
Never works out well for the invitee.
Nice gun tho—big holes, loud noises

OP
OP

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
Careful, might end up at a landfil.

I had a major heart attack a few years ago. Spouse had already bought me a Taurus 45/410 for Christmas.
So while I was recovering and not able to play with the new toy, she had me update all of my beneficiary info. ( was hooked up to a monitor shocker for two months)
As soon as the doc said I could remove the monitor, SHE suggested we go play with some guns.
I thought about this for a minute and realized I have read this story several times.
Never works out well for the invitee.
Nice gun tho—big holes, loud noises
?? Sound advice. I may be better served by putting lots of paper towels in there, and look for leaks that way!!

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace
I am "hopefully " a month out until I receive the truck and bed cover. Will do a video and provide feedback. It is easy to adjust how tight it closes, but if I have to chose between watertight and auto tailgate, it will be water tight. Hopefully I can find the sweet spot. I can see myself being locked inside with my wife outside with a garden hose for testing. I better start being extra nice, this could be a really bad spot for me ?
@Eamsberry Following up on this post from early Feb:

Did you receive your truck and Diamondback SE bed cover? How is it working out? any issues with the seal and power tailgate function?

My Diamondback SE cover is sitting in my garage, but my '21 Lariat is on a railcar somewhere between Dearborn and Minnesota. 2-days late from the ETA. UGH!

thanks.

OP
OP

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
@Eamsberry Following up on this post from early Feb:

Did you receive your truck and Diamondback SE bed cover? How is it working out? any issues with the seal and power tailgate function?

My Diamondback SE cover is sitting in my garage, but my '21 Lariat is on a railcar somewhere between Dearborn and Minnesota. 2-days late from the ETA. UGH!

thanks.
I am in a similar situation, cover sitting in the garage, truck at the dealer. Picking it up tonight, I will install it this weekend and will report back.

Sponsored

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
Diamondback Bed Covers are now available for the 2021 F150. I ordered the SE model today. My brother has the HD model, they are well built and he has never had water in the bed of his truck. link attached if you are interested.
Aluminum Locking Tonneau Covers - DiamondBack SE – DiamondBack Covers

Eric
My Diamondback HD is on order with an April 5 ship estimate. My King Ranch PB is scheduled for week of April 5. So I’ll have the cover in my garage for awhile. As for the power tailgate I did ask about that and it may be an issue with the new gasket on the cover. They say it clears. But actually I don’t really care if I open the cover before actuating tailgate or just do tailgate manually. The power tailgate is one of those options you are stuck with it gets added automatically in packages. That is not the issue for me it’s the security offered by the DB. I want to pull into a hotel in the dark park out in a lot somewhere with real valuable stuff in the back too heavy to carry in and not have one worry!

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
I ordered the 270.

Should ship in a couple weeks.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace
I am in a similar situation, cover sitting in the garage, truck at the dealer. Picking it up tonight, I will install it this weekend and will report back.
@Eamsberry What's the good word on the Diamondback cover? How was the fit and look? Did the power tailgate struggle? I pickup my truck tonight and will get the SE bed cover on tomorrow. can't wait!

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
OP
OP

Eamsberry

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
executive
@Eamsberry What's the good word on the Diamondback cover? How was the fit and look? Did the power tailgate struggle? I pickup my truck tonight and will get the SE bed cover on tomorrow. can't wait!
Works like a champ, both opening and closing. Love this cover, we'll built!

Ford F-150 Diamondback Bed Cover 20210323_132718

Ford F-150 Diamondback Bed Cover 20210323_132708
Sponsored