"Deep Sleep"

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Getting the notification..... I wonder if it's possible to get a false notification?

Did the truck respond to proximity approach normally?

What I mean is, if my running boards deployed upon approach, I don't think the truck could possibly be in deep sleep.

I think of deep sleep mode as nothing more than what prev vehicles that you have owned were everytime you turned them off and walked away. It wasn't called deep sleep because there was only one kind of sleep.

I don't know for a fact what level of sleep deep sleep actually is, but I wouldn't call it deep sleep if it could still handshake with the cloud, download files, and install an update to a sleeping module.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Yeah, there's 2 levels of sleep, there's sync goes to sleep, and then none of the lights work. The latter sleep is where the flywheel starter kicks in.

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Getting the notification..... I wonder if it's possible to get a false notification?

Did the truck respond to proximity approach normally?

What I mean is, if my running boards deployed upon approach, I don't think the truck could possibly be in deep sleep.

I think of deep sleep mode as nothing more than what prev vehicles that you have owned were everytime you turned them off and walked away. It wasn't called deep sleep because there was only one kind of sleep.

I don't know for a fact what level of sleep deep sleep actually is, but I wouldn't call it deep sleep if it could still handshake with the cloud, download files, and install an update to a sleeping module.
Im just thinking that if you kick off all these auto things, lights, step rails, unlocks, while its sniffing for OTAs etc then you will eventually get the DS...
I usually have truck in driveway and if fob is in pocket the doors unlock and rails drop as Im mowing the lawn....
/sigh

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But the truck isn't in deep sleep if the FOB is noticed, I wouldn't think. But I really don't know what the threshold actually includes/excludes.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
My 2023 5.0L just sent me a deep sleep mode notification after driving around all day. The battery should be totally topped off I am very confused
IMG_4324.png
It’s definitely the low washer fluid… gotta be. ;)

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep, 14 days (time)

I don't know if I buy the 9.5Volts
I'm pretty sure trucks are going into deep sleep way before that?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
9.5v is where modules that don't really sleep just turn off entirely. I ran the MME down real low and was watching things just go dead. Below 10v things start sleeping. Somewhere around 11v APIM sleeps even w/ key on.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But these trucks can go full HYDE at voltages above 9.5

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
But the truck isn't in deep sleep if the FOB is noticed, I wouldn't think. But I really don't know what the threshold actually includes/excludes.
I agree and that would be another good test... once someone gets that notice... do any of these 'automatic' things still work?
Lights?
Rails?
Unlocks?
etc

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If the link above is accurate, and deep sleep means the battery is below 9.5V.....

That's not deep sleep
That's a coma

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If the link above is accurate, and deep sleep means the battery is below 9.5V.....

That's not deep sleep
That's a coma
Wasnt that a Steve Miller Band song?

"I went from Phoenix, Arizona
My truck, deep in a coma
Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A.
Northern California

Where the girls .........:

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Has anyone used one of those 12v socket/solar battery tenders to keep their 12v battery topped off? If so do they actually work? I agree @Ford Motor Company just needs to fix the issue, but If one of those would help while my truck sits 4+ days a week without moving, I'd give it a shot.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has anyone used one of those 12v socket/solar battery tenders to keep their 12v battery topped off? If so do they actually work? I agree @Ford Motor Company just needs to fix the issue, but If one of those would help while my truck sits 4+ days a week without moving, I'd give it a shot.
If the socket is alive, I see no reason it wouldn't work. And if you had to, you could hardwire a solar charging circuit in to a convenient spot?

OP
OP

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If the socket is alive, I see no reason it wouldn't work. And if you had to, you could hardwire a solar charging circuit in to a convenient spot?
So, not by plan, but by design our PowerBoosts really are EVs that are plugged in nightly.....
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
Sponsored

Last edited: