Sponsored

OTA Update - anyone received one yet?

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
I’ve set my 2021 up with connectivity to our home WiFi and am aware of the pending OTA (over the air) update for the battery drain issue. But I’ve noticed a few other buggy items which I’m surprised they haven’t updated yet. I work in software - we usually have an update already teed up before we even rollout the base software.

Has anyone received an update yet that wasn’t through a dealer? My guess is these will be mass updates, when there is one..?
Sponsored

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Since Ford keeps requiring trips to your dealer to fix announced issues, it would appear that the OTA software capabilities are not ready to use yet based on available evidence. I hope they get it going soon... I have not seen anyone post about receiving OTA updates of any kind with this new system.

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I’ve set my 2021 up with connectivity to our home WiFi and am aware of the pending OTA (over the air) update for the battery drain issue. But I’ve noticed a few other buggy items which I’m surprised they haven’t updated yet. I work in software - we usually have an update already teed up before we even rollout the base software.

Has anyone received an update yet that wasn’t through a dealer? My guess is these will be mass updates, when there is one..?
Me, too. One antidotal data point is one of the press releases referred to a “2Q2021” update addressing the (I think) battery drain issue.

That makes me think they are planning a quarterly update model.

Forever Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Fairlane GT, 1993 Ranger STX, 2019 Flex, 2021 F150 Lariat
Got one today. In my Ford Pass home page it says “Update successful, check what’s new”. Click on that & it says “routine update to make minor changes & squash bugs”

Sponsored

Forever Blue

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Fairlane GT, 1993 Ranger STX, 2019 Flex, 2021 F150 Lariat
Dang, my apologies! I thought you were kidding when I read “squash bugs”. Thanks for sharing!
No apology needed, I had to chuckle myself. Glad to see someone at Ford has a sense of humor!

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Thanks for sharing... Looks like FordPass is down for me. I'm sure this rollout crashed fords delicate systems :rolleyes:

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I still haven’t seen anything yet. I would love to know if any software versions changed.
Besides the sync version the only way to keep track of the module software version is using the sync 4 diagnostic page (hold power + rewind)

Sponsored

billybob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A, 2012 Focus SEL
Occupation
EE
It would be interesting if Forscan and/or sync had a way to display the software version of all the modules. We could start a list of someone who has never connected to look for changes if the above is all the details ford is going to release.

I don't have my truck yet so I'm not sure what software information is available.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This must be a soak test or something by ford. I haven't found any mention of anybody else seeing any OTA updates anywhere.