Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
So, looks like they're going with the 12in screen/gauges across the board?
Test mules are often cobbled together and that's putting it nicely.
Yeah, This is still all just guessing from some very instrumented test mules. I could see there being some manufacturing benefit to standardizing, but the cluster has been a main feature change through the trims. You'd loose a big selling point for upgrading. Same (and probably more so) for Infotainment.

I think we can be high-confidence on the Lightning taillamp style. Only think I might be a bit bitter over versus the giant Gen12 re-pops on the 21-23. Thanks to the Raptor not hiding the fender line, The headlamps probably remain unchanged.
Sponsored

Reactions: 780

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Yeah, This is still all just guessing from some very instrumented test mules. I could see there being some manufacturing benefit to standardizing, but the cluster has been a main feature change through the trims. You'd loose a big selling point for upgrading. Same (and probably more so) for Infotainment.

I think we can be high-confidence on the Lightning taillamp style. Only think I might be a bit bitter over versus the giant Gen12 re-pops on the 21-23. Thanks to the Raptor not hiding the fender line, The headlamps probably remain unchanged.
Good observation with the Raptor

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Way different APIM software and layout looks like (y)
Plus updated IPC design and graphics as well.
Likely Android OS? The '23 Lightning was supposed to have changed to Android and they couldn't pull it off. I don't think they'll ever change that in the current Lightning, too much work. They might get it integrated into the ICE update however. Then they'll integrate into whatever the Lightning successor is from the new plant.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer

Actually I'm betting the opposite. The lightning was behind the curve and clearly shows the last gen light and body style much more closely than the current. This kinda makes sense since it took much longer to develop. I guess the raptor headlight shape might not change much.

The headlights I think will change to follow the f250s and the tail lights are a little bit of a wildcard with that peek offered earlier in the thread- either way, will be likely very different from the current. I agree with the comment about them looking at least preliminarily to look like those nasty gross Toyota lights. They do half look like the general shape is very 2018, which I didn't mind. Why go back? idk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Likely Android OS? The '23 Lightning was supposed to have changed to Android and they couldn't pull it off. I don't think they'll ever change that in the current Lightning, too much work. They might get it integrated into the ICE update however. Then they'll integrate into whatever the Lightning successor is from the new plant.
Probably simpler, given this email https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/confusing-ford-email-sync4a-ford-power-up.16771/

Considering AndroidAutomotive was only supposed to be in the Lightning for '21, and the early models explicitly wouldn't be able to update after it was pushed, I doubt the ICE trucks will be able to. I think the reason we're seeing 4A updates is since AAutomotive wasn't ready for the 15" screens, SYNC development for them was rushed.

Actually I'm betting the opposite. The lightning was behind the curve and clearly shows the last gen light and body style much more closely than the current. This kinda makes sense since it took much longer to develop.
I'm not understanding. Betting the opposite of which part?

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
Probably simpler, given this email https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/confusing-ford-email-sync4a-ford-power-up.16771/

Considering AndroidAutomotive was only supposed to be in the Lightning for '21, and the early models explicitly wouldn't be able to update after it was pushed, I doubt the ICE trucks will be able to. I think the reason we're seeing 4A updates is since AAutomotive wasn't ready for the 15" screens, SYNC development for them was rushed.

I'm not understanding. Betting the opposite of which part?
I replied in that other thread, but pretty sure that 4A email was a mistake.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I replied in that other thread, but pretty sure that 4A email was a mistake.
Given the screen graphics on the test mule, it's also possible it just wasn't complete, and 4 will also see some changes.

Just a possibility. That could also be just some test diagnostic.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo

IconicJJR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well that confirms ill be keeping my 21 and getting a 2025 Mustang GT Premium.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Honestly unless they go to a dial they should all be column shift like the Super Duty. On the XLT I drove the center console was neutered with that console shifter compared to the console in my STX with the shifter up on the column. Free space and it feels like a truck. That’s my take.

My Expedition had the console shifter and I greatly disliked it. Too much room wasted. Part of the reason I preferred the Suburban.

Sponsored

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Supercrew XLT 302A
Column shifters are the way to go... if you can do them right. There's a lot of variability and it's way too easy to make one feel cheap. I have a Sport Package F150 so someone will have to fill me in on if Ford's 21+ column shifters pulled it off.

As much as I like hating on dial shifters, it is easier to make them feel and look premium.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I mean, don't fix what ain't broken?

On a sidenote, I'm split. The digital dash looks great but I'm a sucker for physical analog gauges.
I have a 22 Lariat with the digital dash. I do like it, but I prefer the analog. I think it has a classier look.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I wouldn’t say the column shifter in my 2023 STX looks premium, but I like it. This same shifter blends in just fine on the $100,000 Super Duty Limited
Ford F-150 📸 2024 F-150 Interior Facelift Revealed on 3 Trims ABC1D943-9108-4AC0-8D3E-0F9EFC81399B
I
Ford F-150 📸 2024 F-150 Interior Facelift Revealed on 3 Trims 34448870-1DAF-4AAA-902C-9F826F5683C9

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
Doesn't look much different from my '21, but I'm willing to follow Ford's lead and put a lot tape on my truck in the same places to update it to a '24. I wonder if Ford will release a bulletin on how to place the tape and the part number for the actual tape. If anyone has it, please share.🤦‍♂️ And, on more thing- when is Ford going to make push button start standard on all trim levels? I have it on mine, but I would love to buy an XL as a work horse with push button start. 🤔

tilefordude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
Love how they got the tape over the Ford emblem on the steering wheel, like nobody knows what that looks like. 🤣
that cause that emblem is now a Keurig coffee maker dispenser
Sponsored