Sponsored

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
This was posted by user over2000lbs. I didn't see it here so I am reposting it below. Hopefully this is okay.

Fresh off the FMCDealer landing page
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. As shortages begin to ease on certain impacted features, Ford is excited to reintroduce availability of these features to our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to 2023MY F-150 vehicles.
Auto Start/Stop availability is returning to 2023MY F-150 trucks. Auto Start/Stop Removal (52X) will no longer be available to order starting Friday, March 24th 2023. Retail and Fleet orders placed before Friday, March 24th 2023 will be built as ordered.
Only those trucks built with Option Code 52X (Auto Start/Stop Removal) will include an inconvenience credit of $50 on the window sticker.
Customers taking delivery of 2023MY F-150 vehicles with Option Code 52X (Auto Start/Stop Removal) must sign the attached Acknowledgment Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified. Customers may need to sign an acknoweldgemnt form if other features are still missing. Dealers must check the boxes on the Acknowledgment Form of each removed feature, some which were addressed in a separate communication. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
Most existing 2023MY F-150 Stock orders with Auto Start/Stop Removal (52X) that have not been built will have the Option Code 52X (Auto Start/Stop Removal) removed from the order on Monday, March 27th. Trucks built with Auto Start/Stop will not have the associated removal credit on the window label, and accordingly, those customers will not need to sign an acknowledgment letter containing a notice of removal this feature.
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
It's pretty great on the PowerBoost, but I hated it on my Ranger. Totally worth the $50 for Forscan and turning it off, permanently.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Mine hasn't worked in at least 6 months, it's as if something disabled it. Don't know how or why and will only care if it suddenly starts working again. I hate it and glad I don't have to turn it off everytime I start the engine and of course there's always those annoying times when I forget to turn it off and first idle I'm like oooof 😅

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Mine hasn't worked in at least 6 months, it's as if something disabled it. Don't know how or why and will only care if it suddenly starts working again. I hate it and glad I don't have to turn it off everytime I start the engine and of course there's always those annoying times when I forget to turn it off and first idle I'm like oooof 😅
If your truck's battery is low from not driving it much or if it's in deep sleep mode I believe the auto-stop/start is one of the first things that stops working. The approach lights and interior lights are other things that might stop working with a low battery.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
This was posted by user over2000lbs. I didn't see it here so I am reposting it below. Hopefully this is okay.

Fresh off the FMCDealer landing page
While the automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages, Ford is working diligently to ensure our vehicles are delivered to dealers and customers as quickly as possible. These shortages impact a wide variety of components used to manufacture our products. As shortages begin to ease on certain impacted features, Ford is excited to reintroduce availability of these features to our products. Therefore, Ford will be making the following product offering changes to 2023MY F-150 vehicles.
Auto Start/Stop availability is returning to 2023MY F-150 trucks. Auto Start/Stop Removal (52X) will no longer be available to order starting Friday, March 24th 2023. Retail and Fleet orders placed before Friday, March 24th 2023 will be built as ordered.
Only those trucks built with Option Code 52X (Auto Start/Stop Removal) will include an inconvenience credit of $50 on the window sticker.
Customers taking delivery of 2023MY F-150 vehicles with Option Code 52X (Auto Start/Stop Removal) must sign the attached Acknowledgment Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified. Customers may need to sign an acknoweldgemnt form if other features are still missing. Dealers must check the boxes on the Acknowledgment Form of each removed feature, some which were addressed in a separate communication. A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
Most existing 2023MY F-150 Stock orders with Auto Start/Stop Removal (52X) that have not been built will have the Option Code 52X (Auto Start/Stop Removal) removed from the order on Monday, March 27th. Trucks built with Auto Start/Stop will not have the associated removal credit on the window label, and accordingly, those customers will not need to sign an acknowledgment letter containing a notice of removal this feature.
Of all the features they could have brought back. Geez, thanks Ford.

Sponsored

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I ordered my 2023 without it, and then got a credit anyway. So now they go from deleting it, to forcing folks to take it?

It was 17 degrees here the other day, and I REALLY missed my heated steering wheel....that one is going to hurt for about 6 months out of the year...year after year. I wish Ford would have given us some choices on what to delete OR made super easy to go a heated steering wheel down the line. In talking to my dealer, it ain't going to be easy....you need a whole new cover plate, programming, etc.

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
My long awaiting Platinum PowerBoost ordered from February 1st, 2022 is finally shipped last week. This by no means is what I would hope to be returning on all the features currently missing features. In fact it the least and not wanted…Sad

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The supply constraint excuse Ford keeps using is well past it's prime at this point. They have had years to sort this crap out and continue to fail to do so.

It's not that big of a deal really. It's easily circumvented with Forscan or the various adapters on the market. The one I used in my Ranger would remember the last state the Auto S/S switch was in so if it was turned off at vehicle shut down, it would be off the next power on event or vise/versa. I don't mind it on the PB since the AC continues to run when at stop lights where the traditional ICE variants stop and when it's 100 outside it gets warm pretty quick.

jneitzel1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat
The supply constraint excuse Ford keeps using is well past it's prime at this point. They have had years to sort this crap out and continue to fail to do so.

It's not that big of a deal really. It's easily circumvented with Forscan or the various adapters on the market. The one I used in my Ranger would remember the last state the Auto S/S switch was in so if it was turned off at vehicle shut down, it would be off the next power on event or vise/versa. I don't mind it on the PB since the AC continues to run when at stop lights where the traditional ICE variants stop and when it's 100 outside it gets warm pretty quick.
My 23 Lariat came with the Auto S/S disable credit, very happy as I hate it in my wife's Edge. Now if only I could get the heated steering wheel. That one hurts.
Dealer said that I might receive that in the future...we will see.

Turns out that GM is skipping heated seats, due to the chip shortage...google it. I will give up the heated steering before the seats any time.
Sponsored