Sponsored

Ford Power Up Wiki facing possible deletion.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
@rugedraw your dedication and tenacity to keep the wiki page is admirable! A big shout to you for helping all of us! I truly hope "you" we win the wiki battle but it all doesn't sound good.

This might be a dream. But could we patition the administrator of this forum and the related Ford forums add a tab at the top page linking a common OTA page that would be associated with the F150gen14.com, Lightning, MachE, Bronco, and Superduty Forum's? The tab could be inserted before "orderlist" there advantage would be that it gains them user exposure to and from the other Ford forums.
Honestly, it's s big help when people discover the whole OTA fiasco to be able to refer them to that instead of explaining how far behind they are, or what each update does, etc. I can't say I blame wiki for having a system in place to prevent their platform from being used for misinformation, but their rules are soooooo black and white. The wiki page was actually earmarked for deletion before, but someone in wiki seemed the sources cited as credible enough to leave it online. Hopefully the same thing will happen this time around.
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I agree, the wiki page is an asset to all Ford owners, I've directed people to it and followed it myself since early 2021 to try to gain understanding of the OTA system. But honestly this forum has become my goto for information regarding everything F-150.

I started my internet life in the mid 80's. with compuserve back then the internet was a wild west so to speak, but people posted some good stuff. It's really a shame how litigious it's all become that people can no longer simply share honest information without being scrutinized to death.

If the wiki page is lost, hopefully at very least a sticky thread will be able to be created here to help guide people on OTA's

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Just a thought....

Could a spread sheet (Read Only) be created, like for Forscan mods, and a link put at the top of a thread on this forum in it's own thread. That same link could also be on other related forums under similar threads. It would only require one link and if Javier be so kind to maintain the spread sheet.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Just a thought....

Could a spread sheet (Read Only) be created, like for Forscan mods, and a link put at the top of a thread on this forum in it's own thread. That same link could also be on other related forums under similar threads. It would only require one link and if Javier be so kind to maintain the spread sheet.
Happy to sticky such a thread, and can add a new forum navigation bar link to it as well (at very top of forum).

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
I remember back just a few years ago when taking some classes at community college not one professor/Instructor would accept information derived from Wiki. It was considered "user generated/edited content with questionable sources" and even if the source material could be verified but was listed as from Wiki we were not allowed to use or quote it at all.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have made my own file for the versions relating to my 2021 F 150. It can be expanded to include the other vehicles and hyperlinks added as to the source of information. It works for me, and can be cleaned up and expanded.

Edit: I spent about 10 minutes and loaded the Wiki page onto spread sheet. The links have to be corrected, but this would be the general layout. Thoughts? I don't want to put a lot of time in adjusting the file if it is not ok.

I am not taking over the great job Javier is doing. I would more than happy to let him maintain the file. Just trying to help out.

EDIT: Here is the second draft of the Power-up Versions. I have some more work to do on it, but it is a start.

Don

Attachments

Last edited:

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I remember back just a few years ago when taking some classes at community college not one professor/Instructor would accept information derived from Wiki. It was considered "user generated/edited content with questionable sources" and even if the source material could be verified but was listed as from Wiki we were not allowed to use or quote it at all.
It's been that way as far as I know since Wikipedia started. In high school and college, we were only allowed to use it as a source of last resort. Even now, I only trust it for certain information. Even when I go there, I see several pages with "citation needed" still.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@rugedraw Based on administrator's response to @Kanuck, It looks like administrator has given the green light to the construction of a new top of page Navigation bar link for "OTA History" or "Power up History" or something like that for the forum, I guess this could be similar to the "orders list" tab containing a spread sheet that looks similar to the Wiki power up page. I think you should take the lead on this as you are the most knowledgeable on the subject.

" Happy to sticky such a thread, and can add a new forum navigation bar link to it as well (at very top of forum). "

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I am fighting an uphill battle with wiki it seems and I am very close to throwing congeniality right out the window and going ghetto fabulous on them.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
@Kanuck I (and the community, I'm sure) appreciate the work you've put into the spread sheet. I have no problem keeping up the F150 side of it as new updates roll out and with any corrections that need to be made to existing data (although I think I have fixed those already). However, I do not follow the Mach-E/Lightning forums to maintain those updates up to date. I think it may be better to perhaps make 3 different tabs to separate each one. It will be easier to read that way, too.

I am not sure who on those forums is the one that has been updating the wiki or even started it. It does not seem like whoever started cares to participate in the deletion discussion to save it. As long as we have the data, we can figure out who/how will update it later on, I guess.

Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Wikipedia can be a frustrating place, particularly when an article is up for deletion, as you’re dealing with a highly insular community of people who make internal technical arguments using their own lingo. It reminds me of that Futurama episode about bureaucrats. Once they’ve made up their minds about deleting something, they can be hard to persuade if you don’t speak their language.

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
convert it to a google sheet and say to heck with wiki

another option could be to create a power-up sub group in this forum and each power-up becomes it's own thread

we have ways to achieve the goal, not worth the effort fighting wiki over it

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I am fighting an uphill battle with wiki it seems and I am very close to throwing congeniality right out the window and going ghetto fabulous on them.
Hi @Mike G You're a prominent guy on the MachE forum and a lot of the MachE members have helped to build "power up" wiki page. Can you post something there to help Rugedraw in his quest to save the wiki page? Maybe they have some Wiki knowledge that will help all.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Wikipedia can be a frustrating place, particularly when an article is up for deletion, as you’re dealing with a highly insular community of people who make internal technical arguments using their own lingo. It reminds me of that Futurama episode about bureaucrats. Once they’ve made up their minds about deleting something, they can be hard to persuade if you don’t speak their language.
Omg, I can't deal. I was just told I am CANVASSing and NOTHERE. At this point, I need to find my way out of there before I make things worse.

Someone just stepped that seems to speak their language. We'll see what happens.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Walk away.
You've made a fair attempt with the necessary integrity. If it's not enough, just step away.

This forum is a wonderful place to host the Forum Version of what that Wiki was hosting.

We're all fortunate to have access to all the information provided here by so many generous contributors.

Or put another way "We don't need no stinkin Wiki"? 😁
Sponsored