Sponsored

Request VIN Lookup Thread

kodiakz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jeep nissan
Looking for some help checking my VIN for an FDRS history on my updates? Thanks
1FTFW1E56MFB04739. Received last update 2.7.4 in Oct 2022. Had truck serviced at dealership today and asked for newest update. FordPass is scheduled for tonight to update 2.7.4 again! Tia
looks like your truck took 2.7.4 update this am and your sync is 22177 which is not too far behind. seems that updates are coming just slowly

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 8.59.19 AM
Sponsored

kodiakz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jeep nissan
Hi all! I posted in the thread about “stuck” 2021 job 1s. Since then, I had another trip to the dealing and am told the update failed again and they are waiting to hear back from the “hotline”. They said a day or so and that was Monday. Can someone please look up to see what, if anything, they did (besides reset my dashboard settings)? Please and thank you! Vin: 1FTFW1ED7MFA94634
your apim is very out of date and has probably never updated. you are scheduled to get 1.7.1 apim update but that is also pretty old. FDRS shows quite a few

Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 9.06.14 AM

lawduck1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT on order
your apim is very out of date and has probably never updated. you are scheduled to get 1.7.1 apim update but that is also pretty old. FDRS shows quite a few

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 9.06.14 AM.png
Thank you!

Shotofpadron

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do you mind checking my VIN again? I bought a mongoose and manually updated my 2021 Job 1 to get bluecruise and be up to date, but the Fordpass app is still showing 2.8.1 pending install which I am past now. My SYNC version is 22293 version 610

VIN: 1FTFW1ED8MFA38394

Any tips to get FordPass to reflect the update is complete?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Do you mind checking my VIN again? I bought a mongoose and manually updated my 2021 Job 1 to get bluecruise and be up to date, but the Fordpass app is still showing 2.8.1 pending install which I am past now. My SYNC version is 22293 version 610

VIN: 1FTFW1ED8MFA38394

Any tips to get FordPass to reflect the update is complete?
You can ignore Fordpass. It can take up 90 days for everything on your truck to sync up with Ford's servers. If you went the Mongoose route and you're on Sync 22293, then you're good to go.

Sponsored

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
I went in for a service today and asked them to update any and all modules that had an update and they told me at the end of the day that they didn’t. They were a little cagey about what they actually did update. Do you think you could please check so I can see exactly what they actually did? 1FTFW1ED8MFA65238

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I went in for a service today and asked them to update any and all modules that had an update and they told me at the end of the day that they didn’t. They were a little cagey about what they actually did update. Do you think you could please check so I can see exactly what they actually did? 1FTFW1ED8MFA65238
You're already on the latest Sync version, so there are no power up updates you are missing. The updated your PCM, BECM, ABS module and SOBDMC. If they left anything undone, it isn't anything major.

Edit: No power up update except the new 4.2.1 that just rolled out, but that isn't in FDRS for them to have done anyway.

rack04

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost
A quick look at my VIN for updates would be appreciated. 1FTFW1ED6MFB86236.

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
You're already on the latest Sync version, so there are no power up updates you are missing. The updated your PCM, BECM, ABS module and SOBDMC. If they left anything undone, it isn't anything major.

Edit: No power up update except the new 4.2.1 that just rolled out, but that isn't in FDRS for them to have done anyway.
They didn’t happen to do the gear shift module did they? One of the whole reason I brought it in was for the crappy shifting. Hopefully they didn’t just reset the tables. Thank you for the information btw.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
They didn’t happen to do the gear shift module did they? One of the whole reason I brought it in was for the crappy shifting. Hopefully they didn’t just reset the tables. Thank you for the information btw.
The gear shift module only affects the shifter in the cab AFAIK, it has nothing to do with the transmission and shifting. That is covered by the PCM.

Just from personal experience, you need to clear the adaptive tables after a PCM update to get an idea of how the new programming acts. It may be more harsh if you don't.

Sponsored

M_trumble

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Soldier
The gear shift module only affects the shifter in the cab AFAIK, it has nothing to do with the transmission and shifting. That is covered by the PCM.

Just from personal experience, you need to clear the adaptive tables after a PCM update to get an idea of how the new programming acts. It may be more harsh if you don't.
Well that’s good information to know! Thank you!! I guess they did address my main concern. That’s good news at least!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a

Adaptive tables are reset automatically after a PCM update.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Well that’s good information to know! Thank you!! I guess they did address my main concern. That’s good news at least!
Drive it around for a week or two and give the transmission an opportunity to relearn your shift points and you should notice an improvement.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
You have the latest Sync version. As far as OTA's go, you are up to date with the exception of the new 4.2.1 update that was recently released. You're good to go.

kodiakz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jeep nissan
you received several ota recently including pu 3.5.4 and your sync is up to date as well
Sponsored