Crowdsourced questions for your F-150 test drives

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
It doesn’t look like it has been posted elsewhere, so I figured I’d get the thread started.

I’m sure a lot of us have questions we plan on asking the Ford representative for the F-150 test drive events coming up.

Some other members came up with the idea of staring a thread where everyone can post their questions they intend to ask while on the test drive. Here, we can have them all in one collective place, and eventually post the answers we get from the event.

This can also help others who don’t have a test drive in their area, or are unable to make it.

Let’s see what you all got!!
Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I don't have a test drive in my area, so I'd love it if someone could ask these questions:
  1. Can the Powerboost be used with a gooseneck/5th wheel hitch?
  2. When will the fuel economy and emissions stats be published?
  3. Does the Max Tow Package need 20" wheels when used with the Lariat Sport package?
Thank you!

fordman2112

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum , Rapid Red Powerboost, BAP
Occupation
retired
Can you please ask if the 5.0 V8 will have cylinder deactivation or not? Thanks in advance.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
1. Does PowerBoost have an electric only capability to move the vehicle from a stop before the engine start/stop kicks the gas engine back on if you accelerate gently?
2. Does the PowerBoost electric assist help on uphill grades and at higher altitudes for passing and getting a heavy load up the grade?
3. With a PB truck only weighing 500 lbs more than an EB truck, why is the max trailer tow rating of the EB 1500 lbs more than the PB truck?
4. When will the Max Recline Seats be available for production?
5. Do the Max Recline Seats come with the active motion massage feature? And what about for the KR 600A package that does not offer the active motion massage on its standard seats?
6. Does the passenger side Max Recline Seat have a lockout mechanism that keeps it from reclining unless the gear shift is in park.

Last edited:

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Please ask "when will downloadable owner's manual be available?"

Thanks in advance

Sponsored

Power Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Farmer
Are all tow ratings out? If not I'd like to know max tow 3.5L EB max # vs. Max tow 5.0L max #. (Not that I want to.tow that much with a F150 but curious what max for each is)

If they are out I missed it, my bad.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Power Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Farmer
Ok great thank you.

So max tow SCrew swb 4wd 3.5L.has a 900 lb advantage over the 5.0L. Tighter than I expected.

Sponsored

Mathmatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 runner
1) I would like to know why the generator option is not available with the 3.3 and the PS engine?
2) Is there any plan to bring more luxurious version of the regular cab in the future?
3) Will the 2022 EV be available as regular cab and in all the trim level?
4)Is there a possibility to see more agressive gear for the 3.3 something like 4.10:1?
5) Why ford force you to take the 101 group with the XL with almost all the options available?

Marco 9802

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 platinum
Occupation
machine demonstrator
Hello if any of these can be answered I would be very appreciative.

I ordered the platinum v8 701 tow technology off road

1-why is tow technology not compatible with tow mirrors ?

2- 2kw pro power on board not compatible with rear under seat storage ? How big is the box/ inverter that it can't fit ? Any info or pictures please

3- I could only get the 3.31 axel with the v8 why? and will there be a later available v8 with 3.55

4- Any date on when we can see the max recline seats delivered? Canada

5- Is there a charging pad on the top pocket above the center console screen dash area or USB?

6- Dose the speed of the truck get projected on the dash like some Ford vehicles? If so what trim

Thank you

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello if any of these can be answered I would be very appreciative.

I ordered the platinum v8 701 tow technology off road

1-why is tow technology not compatible with tow mirrors ?

2- 2kw pro power on board not compatible with rear under seat storage ? How big is the box/ inverter that it can't fit ? Any info or pictures please

3- I could only get the 3.31 axel with the v8 why? and will there be a later available v8 with 3.55

4- Any date on when we can see the max recline seats delivered? Canada

5- Is there a charging pad on the top pocket above the center console screen dash area or USB?

6- Dose the speed of the truck get projected on the dash like some Ford vehicles? If so what trim

Thank you
Marco, I have pretty certain answers for your questions #2 and #5.

In regards to the the 2Kw Pro Power and the lockable underwear storage, it appears the battery/inverter to power that will be stored under the rear seat if it’s a gasoline only engine. Whereas the 2.4Kw and 7.4Kw Pro Power on the PowerBoost hybrid engine will run off of that full size battery mounted somewhere else in the truck.

For the charging pad, all stock and spied photos thus far show a charging pad at the bottom of the center stack below the screen along with USBs, and can only be had on King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited models. Up top on the dash could be a pocket on lower trims, but it looks like that space will be a Bang & Olufsen center channel speaker for the audio system for those trims.

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
ok guys leaving in the morning to head to Hotlanta.

I will only have 30 min from what I hear so, I will be limited on questions. Ordering problems I think will not be down their alley.

I will take as many photos as I can of door sticker weight limits to which models and try and find out about a goose neck on hybrid models. There a few more that have put on my list.

Should be able to report tomorrow night.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you please ask if the 5.0 V8 will have cylinder deactivation or not? Thanks in advance.
Just got back from the test drive, and can confirm. Cylinder deactivation will not be used on the 2021 F-150 V8s or any other powertrain unless the truck goes into a “limp” mode for overheating.
Sponsored