Sponsored

B&O Subwoofer upgrade. What are my options?

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Hey all, 22 302a With the 8 speaker B&O system. As many others have claimed, there’s a major lack of base with this stock subwoofer. I’m looking for suggestions on what the most simple upgrade would be, just to get some more bass. Not looking for an entire system replacement. Thanks!
Sponsored

Sonnie

First Name
Sonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
FFL Dealer

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hey all, 22 302a With the 8 speaker B&O system. As many others have claimed, there’s a major lack of base with this stock subwoofer. I’m looking for suggestions on what the most simple upgrade would be, just to get some more bass. Not looking for an entire system replacement. Thanks!
In the SCREW F150s if you don't mind losing rear under-seat area to a box, that's the easiest / cheapest method most opt for. If you want behind the seat, there's various options. The factory sub is under-powered to begin with. I'd honestly be surprised if it even got 20 watts. I fed the factory w/ 40w and changed its EQ curve which made a nice difference. Still inadequate.

How much more sound do you want?

Last edited:

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I really like that "sounds good audio" package. It's expensive, but you get a lot for the money. Even if you went with a cheaper enclosure, subs, amp, wiring, etc. you could still easily spend $1K, and that is not including the time spent putting it all together and tuning.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Great info I’ll look into it!

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
@SoundsGoodStereo hey just wondering if you plan on releasing an installation video on the 8 speaker B&O system anytime soon. I seen this on your website and I’d like to see the process or some instructions before I commit!

Ford F-150 B&O Subwoofer upgrade. What are my options? 147DF179-2D86-4695-B880-AA1D8EE96519

Sponsored

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
@SoundsGoodStereo hey just wondering if you plan on releasing an installation video on the 8 speaker B&O system anytime soon. I seen this on your website and I’d like to see the process or some instructions before I commit!

147DF179-2D86-4695-B880-AA1D8EE96519.png
Yes, if people would stop ordering so much stuff lol...

It's in the works, just collecting feedback from clients who are receiving the packages to know what topics we need to cover. Sometimes what we think is simple, customers have questions. When you do something every day, simple things to us might be different for other people.

For the installation, the videos on our site now are 95% accurate, at least the concept is. The difference is removing the door cards, but behind the scenes, it's the same process.

For now, we are focused on shipping these packages to get caught up and we are providing full support via email, phone, facetime, texting, etc for clients receiving the packages.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Yes, if people would stop ordering so much stuff lol...

It's in the works, just collecting feedback from clients who are receiving the packages to know what topics we need to cover. Sometimes what we think is simple, customers have questions. When you do something every day, simple things to us might be different for other people.

For the installation, the videos on our site now are 95% accurate, at least the concept is. The difference is removing the door cards, but behind the scenes, it's the same process.

For now, we are focused on shipping these packages to get caught up and we are providing full support via email, phone, facetime, texting, etc for clients receiving the packages.
Sounds good! When it comes to the subwoofer plug and play upgrade only… is it as simple as removing the B&O sub, mounting the new sub and amp, and running the power/ground wire?

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Sounds good! When it comes to the subwoofer plug and play upgrade only… is it as simple as removing the B&O sub, mounting the new sub and amp, and running the power/ground wire?
Yes, plus the subwoofer level knob. The amplifier is already pre-wired, pre-tuned and it's that simple to install. On the behind the seat packages, you trim the carpet on the rear wall like the photo on the product page.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Yes, plus the subwoofer level knob. The amplifier is already pre-wired, pre-tuned and it's that simple to install. On the behind the seat packages, you trim the carpet on the rear wall like the photo on the product page.
Sounds like my tax refund is in danger….lol what’s current lead time on that package?

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Sounds like my tax refund is in danger….lol what’s current lead time on that package?
I know we collected many tax refunds this year based on our sales last month :) Current lead time is 8-12 Weeks
Sponsored