First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I hadn't gotten coolwalk still as of yesterday, I know it's a Google server side thing but I felt like I was the last one.

I searched this out and found these instructions on reddit and it worked for me.

1. go to settings > apps
2. go to android auto
3. force stop
4. clear cache
5. clear data
6. go to google play services
7. clear cache
8. clear data
9. go to google
10. clear cache
11. clear data

Restart phone

Wait an hour or two for the update to take effect, do not hook up phone to android auto. (sometimes takes more time sometimes takes less) You can see in your android auto phone settings if you have the weather option (no coolwalk) or the widgets option (you have coolwalk)
Sponsored

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
Now I'm wondering if I have it or not. I'm not sure what you mean by " the weather option (no coolwalk) or the widgets option (you have coolwalk)." I'll go out to the truck in a bit and see if it is a "duh" moment for me or not.
I have a lot of those as of late.

RcFlyer330

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Limited Powerboost
I believe Big Cam is talking about the toggle option in AA settings (on the phone) for taskbar widgets.

I received coolwalk yesterday and didn't do anything. I did do a full reset by clearing all data, uninstalling, and reinstalling android auto about a month ago due to some issues with AA and the latest sync update.

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
Now I'm wondering if I have it or not. I'm not sure what you mean by " the weather option (no coolwalk) or the widgets option (you have coolwalk)." I'll go out to the truck in a bit and see if it is a "duh" moment for me or not.
I have a lot of those as of late.
They removed the weather icon in the coolwalk update, so that's an easy way to know if you got it.

It's also visually different enough that you'll probably notice it.

To he completely honest I copied that from reddit, I'm actually not sure what they mean by the widgets.

It's fairly obvious, the corners are now rounded which stands out from the way it used to look.

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I followed the OP instructions and now I have to hook up my phone through USB to get android auto
and don't have full screen lol .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Cam

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
I followed the OP instructions and now I have to hook up my phone through USB to get android auto
Ummmmmmm.

Big Cam Manufacturing and global distribution LLC takes no responsibility for actions performed on your truck off my quick reddit search.

Maybe un-pair your phone and clear cache/data in the android auto app and try again?

I'm sorry if my instructions actually caused that, I didn't see any one report that in the reddit thread. 😕

Last edited:

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Ummmmmmm.

Big Cam Manufacturing and global distribution LLC takes no responsibility for actions performed on your truck off my quick reddit search.

Maybe u pair your phone and clear cshce/data in the android auto app and try again?

I'm sorry if my instructions actually caused that, I didn't see any one report that in the reddit thread. 😕
Don't worry I'm sure it has to do with my 21 covid f150 that has never received an update and Ford doesn't know how to fix it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Actually, Ford the manufacturer does know how to fix it. If they didn't, the many many hundreds of folks that HAVE solved the 2021 OTA dilemma wouldn't have achieved it.

Now what you are probably calling Ford, the so called factory warranty and service industry,..... Well, I agree. For the most part they are lost. So little critical thinking ability. And an amazing level of apathy, from my vantage.

With a healthy dose of tenacity and an inve$tment in the required tools, a 2021 F150 can be running the latest and greatest of every module software available.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I hadn't gotten coolwalk still as of yesterday, I know it's a Google server side thing but I felt like I was the last one.

I searched this out and found these instructions on reddit and it worked for me.

1. go to settings > apps
2. go to android auto
3. force stop
4. clear cache
5. clear data
6. go to google play services
7. clear cache
8. clear data
9. go to google
10. clear cache
11. clear data

Restart phone

Wait an hour or two for the update to take effect, do not hook up phone to android auto. (sometimes takes more time sometimes takes less) You can see in your android auto phone settings if you have the weather option (no coolwalk) or the widgets option (you have coolwalk)
Never heard of this app.....so you are not the lasy one.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I believe fullscreen is more a function of Ford. Ford released an update that allows fullscreen and AA has dynamic screen sizing to take advantage of this.
Sponsored