Should I wait until 2022 model year?

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Waiting a year makes the big assumption that Ford will actually fix the issues with the 2021 model year for the 2022 year. Maybe, maybe not.
Sponsored

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
You have to remember the people that are the most vocal, are the people with the problems. ( as they should be) I picked mine up on 2-5-21, and the only issue I have is I don't think the heated steering wheel gets hot enough. I have just over 2000 miles on her and love this truck.

ddfarmer

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
I agree! Very early to tell. I did have an issue with my battery going dead and dealer said it had a bad cell. They replaced it and no issues since. I have about 600 miles so far, which isn't a lot, but so far I love it. I did not do the PowerBoost, for the reason it was a first year truck on that and was skeptical about first year on the hybrid. Other than the PowerBoost, there would be nothing to concern me about buying first year as everything else was basically improved/updated really from previous years.

Bradr03

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Air Traffic Control
You have to remember the people that are the most vocal, are the people with the problems. ( as they should be) I picked mine up on 2-5-21, and the only issue I have is I don't think the heated steering wheel gets hot enough. I have just over 2000 miles on her and love this truck.
I had this issue, you need to take it in because it should stay hot to the point that you turn it down. Something like 85°

The dealership has so far replaced my steering wheel and not resolved the issue. Taking my steering column apart next
Sponsored