First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I don't have FDRS to check for any modules pending updates, but the dealer won't update modules for the sake of doing it since Ford will not pay them for doing so.
I guess I was fortunate (in a way) in that the dealer couldn't rectify a "Rear Brake Assist Not Available" issue after reprogramming per TSB 22-2295. So the tech continued on to update all outstanding modules, specifically PCM, ABS, SOBDMC, TRM, APIM, IPMA, BCM and TCU - took two service visits.
Sponsored

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Having your battery at 100% will not trigger OTA updates. It will help ensure they install successfully IF you get one sent to you.
Completely agree yes. My vehicles are frequently on tenders due to lack of usage. I only mentioned it here today as it sounds like updates are being pushed out again.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Hi Rugedraw - can you confirm if the below is the best strategy?
- disable automatic updates
- wait until you get a notification that an update is downloaded and ready to install
- when you are ready to install, first put truck on charger to get SOC>80% (possibly overnight)
- once charged, put charger in "supply mode" (not charge mode)
- select update manually

If automatic updates is selected, then you have no control over the SOC when the install is done (unless you leave it on a charger for weeks at a time).
Auto updates being off or on does not matter. That only applies to updates that require the vehicle to be inhibited during the update process, like OTA 2.8.1, for example. The rest are all good practices.

@rugedraw I noticed that every time I come out to the truck in the morning it appears wifi is off. Is that normal? Curious if that’s affecting my update failures.
It was definitely turned on yesterday.
It not normal for wifi to shut off on its own, but not a single OTA released to date requires wifi to download. If you have good cellular coverage where your truck is parked, there is no need to have it on wifi.

Could someone also please check mine as well? TYIA
1FTFW1ED4MFC98842
You have 3.5.3 in your queue right now. It's doing the same thing it has done for many others. Only the first 3 files downloaded and the rest are just pending download. Hopefully you get it before the OTA trigger expires.

chandler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost FX4
You have 3.5.3 in your queue right now. It's doing the same thing it has done for many others. Only the first 3 files downloaded and the rest are just pending download. Hopefully you get it before the OTA trigger expires.
Thank you! Hoping it doesn't get stuck 😬

Sponsored

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
So I just got 3.5.3 installed on my truck, even though I had already loaded it via FDRS months ago. So, yay I guess 🤷‍♂️
At least you are registered as up to date on their side for future updates.

z-man

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
@rugedraw could you check mine? Thanks!
1FTFW1ED5NFB72216

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales

Cheez_Greater

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
BI Developer
Here's a data point, VIN 1FTFW1E81MKE11947. I received 3.5.3 this morning which says gives me Alexa, which I already had after my November FDRS update. My Sync version was 4.0.22228 pre update. I had Android Auto full screen, but not full screen maps, like Cool Walk. Now I'm at Sync 4.0.22294 per owner.ford.com and 22293_PRODUCT Rev 610, per my truck. I didn't notice any functional difference and Android Auto maps isn't full screen yet. Before the update I noticed the Auto Start/Stop wasn't working so 2 days ago charged the battery to make sure there were no hiccups.

ksimon123451

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Here's a data point, VIN 1FTFW1E81MKE11947. I received 3.5.3 this morning which says gives me Alexa, which I already had after my November FDRS update. My Sync version was 4.0.22228 pre update. I had Android Auto full screen, but not full screen maps, like Cool Walk. Now I'm at Sync 4.0.22294 per owner.ford.com and 22293_PRODUCT Rev 610, per my truck. I didn't notice any functional difference and Android Auto maps isn't full screen yet. Before the update I noticed the Auto Start/Stop wasn't working so 2 days ago charged the battery to make sure there were no hiccups.
Lol same here I just went out and put my battery on a charger and boom 10 minutes later you have a update 3.5.3

Sponsored

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
So we've totally blurred the line between 3.5.3 and whatever 3.5.3.2 is in this thread. Did we ever figure out for sure the difference?

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
So we've totally blurred the line between 3.5.3 and whatever 3.5.3.2 is in this thread. Did we ever figure out for sure the difference?
I have not been able to decipher any difference from talking to people. The wording on 3.5.3.2 is not the same as 3.5 3, but no one has reported one thing that one can do that the other can't.

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
CoolWalk has to be activated from Google for it to work. I have the version of AA that is supposed to have it, but it looks the same. Even tried side loading a newer version of AA, and it made no difference. I don't have 3.5.3 yet, but AA looks exactly how it did before I got the update from the playstore.

Last edited:

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
CoolWalk has to be activated from Google for it to work. I have the version of AA that is supposed to have it, but it looks the same. Every tried side loading a newer version of AA, and it made no difference. I don't have 3.5.3 yet, but AA looks exactly how it did before I got the update from the playstore.
^this. You’ll either need to find a way to get CoolWalk or wait for it to show up.

If it’s not coming to your phone for a while and somebody in your family has an iPhone you could have them check with CarPlay to see if your vehicle has enabled full screen, as CarPlay has supported full screen for a little while now.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Yes, if your battery doesn't have the correct state of charge (80% or greater) it won't initiate the update even if it's successfully pushed to your truck. Many members have had mixed luck getting dealerships to replace the battery via the warranty. I personally suffered this issue and after fighting with my dealership just bought a new battery which fixed that problem.
I'm just about to l launch on putting the 4th battery in my J1 2021 1, oem 2, dealer warranty, 3. ditched the H6 for a motorcraft H7 , 4th coming next week not motorcraft!

Anyway, I constantly monitor the SOC% pid with my odbmx+ when I got to work this morning the truck was at 70% it sat parked all day till 5:00 when I hooped in to go home, I looked over and saw an update had been installed, hit the button and sure enough 3.5.3 was just installed. I really don't understand this, everything I've read for the last year has said 80% . This now has me wondering if in one of the more recent software updates Ford has backed down on the 80% requirement.

Ford F-150 New OTA 3.5.3.2 Software being pushed out (This is 3.5.3 but for 2022 model year trucks) Screenshot_20230122_123416
Sponsored