Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Got the Powerboost out on another adventure through parts of Death Valley and the eastern sierras. The Fox 2.0 coilovers, Camburg upper arms, method wheels, and BFG’s handled the terrain well. Still (almost) no complaints from the truck. The newly added RokBlokz mud flaps definitely helped on this trip but only so much. The recent rains sure made it slick out there in some spots. I need a lift and a pressure washer now. Lots more pics and videos on my IG @HeavyOverland
Ford F-150 Death Valley and Eastern Sierras offroad in the F-150 PowerBoost 11165217-65E4-4E03-9DA9-F763B1E90610
Ford F-150 Death Valley and Eastern Sierras offroad in the F-150 PowerBoost 1AA3E97A-7C73-4CC7-8DE1-122EDE0BDE8D
Ford F-150 Death Valley and Eastern Sierras offroad in the F-150 PowerBoost 506EA1E4-7457-4FEE-B9B3-7F782378F61D
Ford F-150 Death Valley and Eastern Sierras offroad in the F-150 PowerBoost F9E54A4B-6446-4C13-A78C-5F24F3D53441
Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Running boards make a lot of difference in keeping road debris from the tires flying up against the sides of the truck.

What is most important is the skill of the driver. I watched a Hummer rally at a nearby off-road obstacle course and they when through a dozen courses of increasing difficulty. They all struggled with the last section with their Hummers. After the last Hummer had left a fellow with his family in a Suzuki Brat went though the same section at nearly twice the speed and in complete control the entire time.

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Running boards make a lot of difference in keeping road debris from the tires flying up against the sides of the truck.

What is most important is the skill of the driver. I watched a Hummer rally at a nearby off-road obstacle course and they when through a dozen courses of increasing difficulty. They all struggled with the last section with their Hummers. After the last Hummer had left a fellow with his family in a Suzuki Brat went though the same section at nearly twice the speed and in complete control the entire time.
Running boards would help with debris but wouldn't survive on most of the trails I've been on. They are usually the first parts to be damaged or broken off so I'll just deal with the debris. And yes agreed, a vehicle will only take you so far if your driving skills are limited

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I took a Toyota pickup over the Rubicon and for that I prefitted it with nerf bars. I welded 6x12 inch plate steel to the top of the bar to make a step. The bars did a good job in terms of boulders but less protection from mud and gravel.

Everyone's skills are limited and it is a matter of appreciating the weaknesses as a driver and of your vehicle so as not to put yourself and your passengers in harms way. There is the foolish notion that lifting a truck and putting on larger tires is all that is needed.

What I liked with the Hummer dealers was that they hired a Land Rover education team and held rallies for their new Hummer owners to teach them how to deal with obstacles and to use the full capablities of their vehicles, like the locking front and rear differentials.

I finally stopped having a winch on my trucks as I realized that 100% of the time I used it to pull some idiot's car or truck out from where he should not have driven in the first place. I pulled one fellow's truck out two times and then left the area so as not to be pulling him out a third time.

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
I took a Toyota pickup over the Rubicon and for that I prefitted it with nerf bars. I welded 6x12 inch plate steel to the top of the bar to make a step. The bars did a good job in terms of boulders but less protection from mud and gravel.

Everyone's skills are limited and it is a matter of appreciating the weaknesses as a driver and of your vehicle so as not to put yourself and your passengers in harms way. There is the foolish notion that lifting a truck and putting on larger tires is all that is needed.

What I liked with the Hummer dealers was that they hired a Land Rover education team and held rallies for their new Hummer owners to teach them how to deal with obstacles and to use the full capablities of their vehicles, like the locking front and rear differentials.

I finally stopped having a winch on my trucks as I realized that 100% of the time I used it to pull some idiot's car or truck out from where he should not have driven in the first place. I pulled one fellow's truck out two times and then left the area so as not to be pulling him out a third time.
Yeah I may look into rock sliders if I can find something sturdy enough. Absolutely will not be taking this rig on the Rubicon haha. Agreed, every trip I go on I see someone driving beyond their skillset or mechanical ability, but I'm always up for helping get people out of sticky situations. code of the trail!

Sponsored

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Nice did that in April 2022 with my 21 XLT. Will be returning this year late Winter early Spring. Did you do Titus?

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Cooking burgers and hotdogs is not BBQing, it's grilling! Thx, All of Texas!
My first thought when I saw your truck rim deep in water was, I hope Ford used good caulking ;-) JK, it's cool to see folks getting out there! There really is something humbling about no one for miles and miles when you get there....

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Got the Powerboost out on another adventure through parts of Death Valley and the eastern sierras. The Fox 2.0 coilovers, Camburg upper arms, method wheels, and BFG’s handled the terrain well. Still (almost) no complaints from the truck. The newly added RokBlokz mud flaps definitely helped on this trip but only so much. The recent rains sure made it slick out there in some spots. I need a lift and a pressure washer now. Lots more pics and videos on my IG @HeavyOverland
11165217-65E4-4E03-9DA9-F763B1E90610.jpeg
1AA3E97A-7C73-4CC7-8DE1-122EDE0BDE8D.jpeg
506EA1E4-7457-4FEE-B9B3-7F782378F61D.jpeg
F9E54A4B-6446-4C13-A78C-5F24F3D53441.jpeg
Can I get more pics of the flaps? Are they XL or Regular? Thanks

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Nice did that in April 2022 with my 21 XLT. Will be returning this year late Winter early Spring. Did you do Titus?
That’s definitely the best time to go, I’ll be out there a few times for sure. Titus is on my list but not the top, I’d like to eventually!

Sponsored

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I wish I was out west. The east coast sucks. Keep on truckin'.
This. I came to post the same thing.

These pics are the epitome of living life.

OP
OP
mxwrk

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
This. I came to post the same thing.

These pics are the epitome of living life.
I agree! I'm very lucky that this is just a few hours away! However, we have to suffer CA cost and politics as a trade off. CA does offer endless views and off-roading if you know where to look and get lost every once in a while!

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I agree! I'm very lucky that this is just a few hours away! However, we have to suffer CA cost and politics as a trade off. CA does offer endless views and off-roading if you know where to look and get lost every once in a while!
I'm in Jersey. Cost and politics similar, but no views quite like yours. Enjoy it!

Reactions: J-C