First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks Bob, I'm on the fence on deleting the PowerBoost and just getting the EcoBoost, so that's a major change that I imagine would require a cancelation and re-order.

And do me a favor, get your boys in Tuscaloosa to take it easy on my Aggies Saturday :)

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
Just ordered my truck today. Just hoping to get it this year, and maybe even grab a December incentive. Had the hook up with the A-Plan. Not too badly equipped for under $60k. Middle of the road on most things and made for towing. This will replace my 2011 3.5 Ecoboost F150 XLT and my 2017 MKZ Reserve since it has most of the features, functions, and safety of the two combined, as well as some new tech!

8244E8D7-054B-46D3-ACCC-555DF8628878.jpeg
I see you have Max Trailer Tow Package and 360 camera options on your build, but doesn’t the Max Trailer Tow Package include the 360 Cameras already?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
I see you have Max Trailer Tow Package and 360 camera options on your build, but doesn’t the Max Trailer Tow Package include the 360 Cameras already?
Negative. This is arguably the most confusing part of building a 2021.

Max tow or standard tow packages do not include the cameras.

Tow technology package is not available with either tow package

360 cameras are required for the 360 active 2.0 prep package (which does include park assist 2.0)

Max tow + active 360 2.0 prep is what I did

You have to have a tow package and the cameras to add towing mirrors btw.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Thanks Bob, I'm on the fence on deleting the PowerBoost and just getting the EcoBoost, so that's a major change that I imagine would require a cancelation and re-order.

And do me a favor, get your boys in Tuscaloosa to take it easy on my Aggies Saturday :)
No chance, we out for blood. Lol

I would think hard about dropping the PowerBoost but that is just my opinion. I think it will be a beast to drive and therefore a sought after used vehicle down the road. Of course the Eco is a beast too.

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I am definitely conflicted about dropping it. I'm certainly not going to drop it unless I don't like the fuel mileage numbers, and I'm not sure that is going to be made public in time anyway. I agree it is going to be a beast. And in the grand scheme of things, it isn't that expensive when considering what these trucks cost, way better than the upcharges on 3/4 ton diesels...

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Just got an email from my dealer stating no change in status.
ordered 8-14, and still is in "unscheduled - clean"
I saw somewhere where some of the options and configurations are plant specific.
Most notable to me is the 164" WB (S-Cab, 8' box) and the CNG add on (I did not order).
Sure there are a few more.
I noticed that the C-Cab 8' box is specific to Kansas City (what I ordered) and some of the Power Boost setups were specific to Dearborn.
I am thinking Dearborn is up and running but Kansas City is still under retooling (which did not start until at least the 18 of Sept. as there were finishing 2020 builds.
I'm not anticipating mine showing up until the end of November---or maybe December.

Ric

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Crew,FX4, Lariat, 1975 L48 Corvette, 2016 Z06 Coupe,2017 Grand Sport Convt.,2017 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Retired
Hello F150 14th Gen. Forum, Just entered order # and info for tracking. 2021 Powerboost Lariat, replacing 2016 Ecoboost Lariat

Hello Bob
My order code C002 appears to be the same as yours.
How is that possible?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Hello Bob
My order code C002 appears to be the same as yours.
How is that possible?
Order code is set by the dealer and doesn't mean anything to Ford. They assign the VIN and that is what they go by.

Have you gotten a VIN yet? When did you order?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Afte seeing ng the disappointing Powerboost numbers I’m switching to ecoboost

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Afte seeing ng the disappointing Powerboost numbers I’m switching to ecoboost
I wouldn't call them disappointing, and we haven't seen MPG yet. I would argue that if you're regularly towing 12,000+ lbs you are in the wrong truck anyways. I think if you drive city a decent amount, or have a use for the generator function the powerboost is for you. I honestly expect closer to 30MPG city. Other than that, the 3.5EB is a beast and you really can't go wrong with it.

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
I wouldn't call them disappointing, and we haven't seen MPG yet. I would argue that if you're regularly towing 12,000+ lbs you are in the wrong truck anyways. I think if you drive city a decent amount, or have a use for the generator function the powerboost is for you. I honestly expect closer to 30MPG city. Other than that, the 3.5EB is a beast and you really can't go wrong with it.
No I definitely don’t tow 12K + at all but I do tow all the time. Boat, side x side and or 27ft camper. The Payload loss isn’t good tho. 2000lbs. The tongue weight of my camper + the family+ The quad and gear it just isn’t enough. And now the technology scares me. I think this truck I’m going to keep for longer then 3 years so wouldn’t want to run into problems with the Powerboost system. The mileage on the Ecoboost are pretty good as it is. I’ve aleays been a V8 but gonna try it out. To bad tho if it woulda had 450 and 600lbs I woulda stayed with it.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
No I definitely don’t tow 12K + at all but I do tow all the time. Boat, side x side and or 27ft camper. The Payload loss isn’t good tho. 2000lbs. The tongue weight of my camper + the family+ The quad and gear it just isn’t enough. And now the technology scares me. I think this truck I’m going to keep for longer then 3 years so wouldn’t want to run into problems with the Powerboost system. The mileage on the Ecoboost are pretty good as it is. I’ve aleays been a V8 but gonna try it out. To bad tho if it woulda had 450 and 600lbs I woulda stayed with it.
Understood. what about the built in 7200 watt generator? If you can ditch a real generator in the bed its a wash on payload.

Ric

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Crew,FX4, Lariat, 1975 L48 Corvette, 2016 Z06 Coupe,2017 Grand Sport Convt.,2017 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Retired
Order code is set by the dealer and doesn't mean anything to Ford. They assign the VIN and that is what they go by.

Have you gotten a VIN yet? When did you order?
Thanks Bob, That solves that puzzle. No VIN yet way too early, Just ordered Sept 18th.
Looking forward to that Powerboost, what a torque monster. I hope they got the Trans and Diff to handle it.
Sponsored