maverick

First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Hi Fellow Canadians!

Ordered my first ever F150 on Feb 3 (Lariat 502A, 3.5L Ecoboost, Max Tow) . Not sure what I need to do to be able to track the truck or get an idea when it'll be built and then delivered. When I asked the dealer for a VIN it sounded like it may be a while before they get that.
Sponsored

supamonks

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Hi Fellow Canadians!

Ordered my first ever F150 on Feb 3 (Lariat 502A, 3.5L Ecoboost, Max Tow) . Not sure what I need to do to be able to track the truck or get an idea when it'll be built and then delivered. When I asked the dealer for a VIN it sounded like it may be a while before they get that.
Hey welcome! and get ready to wait. Took a month and a half for me to get my vin. ordered on december 31st. got my VIN in february. tentative build date for march 22nd so sit back and be patient.

i think max tow is holding up some trucks too if i’m not mistaken.

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
Hi Fellow Canadians!

Congrats on the truck. It will take a bit of patience to get your new build but you're in the right place, it's a great group here. Start learning as much as you can while you wait for that VIN and welcome aboard.

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
Bubbs said:
@Viper1010 Well I've got a brand new VIN! Helpful cause I sold my car, need to plan my life.

1FTEW1EPKMD75840 now

Viper1010 said:
Bubbs what's your last name? You can pm me if you want.
Bubbs, Viper1010 has it been sorted out which VIN is the correct one?

Bubbs, if you put down a deposit (any amount) and the VIN listing has your name on it, then I believe there is a legal contract between the dealer and yourself for that truck. Not suggesting you go the legal route, but worth a discussion with the dealer.

Having said that, the first VIN shows a delivery date to the dealer of March 16, so the dealer likely won't have it yet.

BTW, the second VIN does could not be found in the tracker on this site. I have seen that happen from time to time on my own truck, just need to try again later.

Brad82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Hello All.

question. Based on the info below does this mean I ordered on Jan 12?
Ford F-150 Hello from the great white north! 644A607B-381C-4233-8806-9758A22E8BF4

Sponsored

Camptruck

First Name
Linus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2021 F-150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Project Manager
Tracking status of Truck build

As far as I can tell below are the stages after the truck order is placed. This is largely based on the information I obtained from this site. The tracker statuses stated below are what shows up in the VIN tracker that is on this site.

Of course there is an unstated ‘stage ‘ between each of the stages listed below. It is called “Wait” hopefuly :( and not :mad:. I hope this post helps to reduce the anxiety of waiting by allowing you to understand where in the overall process your build is.

• Order entered into Ford’s system (by the dealer). The order is in Ford’s system, but there is no commitment to do anything with it. At this stage the order can be changed. This is the Receipt Date in the on-line tracker (more info below)
  • Order is “accepted” by Ford. This depends on the dealer having “allocation” available. For example if a dealer can order 10 trucks a month, the first 10 orders will be accepted in the current month, the 11th order will not be accepted until the next month when the next block of “allocation” is available. Once accepted, I do not believe the order can be changed. It can be cancelled and a new order placed….go back to the first step. There may be financial implications of cancelling, depending on the agreement with the dealer, because once accepted, the dealer is committed to take the truck when it is built.
  • VIN is issued; shortly after the order is accepted. Once the VIN is received the vehicle can be tracked online on a tracker page. In the US there is an official Ford site for customers. That site does not work for Canadian orders. The tracking page on this site can be used for orders from both countries. See the TRACKER menu item at the top of the page.
  • At this point or shortly after, the dealer can see an estimated build week. This is not a commitment but an estimate. It can move around depending on scheduling and parts issues.
  • At some point later, the dealer can see an estimated build day. Don’t know how accurate this is when it first appears.
  • About a week before the scheduled build day, a window sticker is available and can be accessed through the tracker page. The “Blend” date shows when the parts are put on the line for the build. See the graphic in the post by Whtmale49 https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-delays-delivery-dates.617/page-21#post-29060 . The track page Primary Status changes to “In Production”.
  • I believe the truck should normally be build a few days after the blend date. However, mine took a week and two days, but its blend date was during the week the Kansas plant shut down because of the winter storm.
  • If the truck has part of the order that is done off-site from the assembly plant, (e.g. spray-in bed liner), the Primary Status stays at “In Production” till it is back completed. The date off site and date returned is available to the dealer. Many people say there currently are delays at this stage, particularly for the bed liner.
  • When fully built, the tracker Primary Status changes to “Awaiting Shipping”. Many people say there is a long wait at this stage as well. The tracker page will show a production date.
  • When the truck has been shipped, the Primary Status changes to “In Transit”. The tracker page will show a ship date and an ETA End Date, which is the estimated delivery to the dealer. This is the stage my truck is in, so not sure of the Primary Status that follows.
  • When the truck is delivered to the dealer the final date will be populated. The status will be updated. A Primary Status of “Delivered” would make sense.
  • Dealer advises the truck is ready for pick up :)?

Brad82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thank you for the replies. My concern is that I placed the order back at the end of October, maybe beginning of November so I was just curious as to why the tracker is showing January? The January date is also when I went to the dealership to find out the status of my order...

grosbiz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Thank you for the replies. My concern is that I placed the order back at the end of October, maybe beginning of November so I was just curious as to why the tracker is showing January? The January date is also when I went to the dealership to find out the status of my order...
Maybe he forgot to order it and got reminded when you went in to inquire?

Sponsored

Bubbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat (ordered)
Bubbs, Viper1010 has it been sorted out which VIN is the correct one?

Bubbs, if you put down a deposit (any amount) and the VIN listing has your name on it, then I believe there is a legal contract between the dealer and yourself for that truck. Not suggesting you go the legal route, but worth a discussion with the dealer.

Having said that, the first VIN shows a delivery date to the dealer of March 16, so the dealer likely won't have it yet.

BTW, the second VIN does could not be found in the tracker on this site. I have seen that happen from time to time on my own truck, just need to try again later.
Hey @Camptruck , thanks for checkin up. Both VINs had my name, my guess is that the last VIN provided will be the truck they deliver in April, (unless it was cancelled and they deliver on the first). Made a few inquiries on the phone with my salesguy, he has been apologetic about the experience, will need to follow up if he got any answers. Was hoping at least they could provide me with the DORA for the second VIN.

@Viper1010 thanks again for your assistance.

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Grozbis that would be annoying ?
That's probably exactly what happened. Very disappointing right? Definitely worth a chat with the salesperson / manager. I too have a receipt date of January 12. But that's also the day I was at the dealership and made the deal.

Gman73

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Facilities Manager
Hi Fellow Canadians!

Yep, be prepared to wait, ordered mine on Nov 21st, got Vin in late Feb and have build (blend-date) of Mar 5th with a Completion ETA of March 19th. From what I have read it is up to 6-8 weeks for delivery after completion date.

Receipt Date2020-11-21
ETA End Date2021-03-19

grosbiz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Yep, be prepared to wait, ordered mine on Nov 21st, got Vin in late Feb and have build (blend-date) of Mar 5th with a Completion ETA of March 19th. From what I have read it is up to 6-8 weeks for delivery after completion date.

Receipt Date2020-11-21
ETA End Date2021-03-19
From what other people are saying on the Build week posts, the "ETA End Date" is the date that your truck should be delivered to the dealership. Someone even posted a screenshot of the dealership status page and it matched the date on the Tracker.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-ordered-delays-delivery-dates.617/post-30123
Sponsored

Last edited: