First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Is there a tread on how to reset the gateway and TCU with forscan?
On the left-hand side, I believe it is service procedures. Open it up and you'll get a list with the modules and options available. Most will just say reset, or similar. Find the GWM, TCU, or whatever module you need, and run the procedure. I don't know about those two, but for the APIM, it shuts off, and Forscan asks you to cycle the ignition.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I unplugged my TCU overnight, and still not working. UGH! I initially thought it was just FordPass until I tried navigation. It makes sense as the TCU is the cellular modem, but I had not needed the navigation until this morning, so I wasn't thinking.

I will try again this weekend to see if I did something wrong. I did pull the power connector that is the furthest to the left. The antenna connectors are to the right. Correct?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I unplugged my TCU overnight, and still not working. UGH! I initially thought it was just FordPass until I tried navigation. It makes sense as the TCU is the cellular modem, but I had not needed the navigation until this morning, so I wasn't thinking.

I will try again this weekend to see if I did something wrong. I did pull the power connector that is the furthest to the left. The antenna connectors are to the right. Correct?
Which wire/cable did you disconnect?
I've seen posts where the wrong cable was unplugged, so the TCU was still powered, but not on the network. That wouldn't resolve the issue.

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Which wire/cable did you disconnect?
I've seen posts where the wrong cable was unplugged, so the TCU was still powered, but not on the network. That wouldn't resolve the issue.
I unplugged the connector on the bottom left of the module. I believe it was a 12-pin connector. There was a connector in the middle with one grey wire, and then the far right connector had two black "Coax" cables. I assume the one on the right is for antennas. Not sure what the middle connector is for.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I unplugged the connector on the bottom left of the module. I believe it was a 12-pin connector. There was a connector in the middle with one grey wire, and then the far right connector had two black "Coax" cables. I assume the one on the right is for antennas. Not sure what the middle connector is for.
You pulled the correct connector. Left is power. Middle is Ethernet. Right is antenna. I’ve never seen this not work before. Do you have access to FORScan so you can try a forced reset of both the GWM and TCU?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
You pulled the correct connector. Left is power. Middle is Ethernet. Right is antenna. I’ve never seen this not work before. Do you have access to FORScan so you can try a forced reset of both the GWM and TCU?
I don’t have access to the OBD2 dongle until this weekend.

I did remove the power connector again and will leave it off for the next couple of days.

VIN# 1FTFW1E83PFA34969

Ford F-150 Ford Pass not updating/working. F7D1FFAD-845C-447F-8A43-624FFC610011

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I don’t have access to the OBD2 dongle until this weekend.

I did remove the power connector again and will leave it off for the next couple of days.

VIN# 1FTFW1E83PFA34969

F7D1FFAD-845C-447F-8A43-624FFC610011.jpeg
Since you’ve already gone to the trouble of accessing the TCU again, might as well double check the other connectors. Make sure they are fully seated.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
@WD8CXB. One last thing while you’re waiting. Post your VIN on this thread and ask someone to run your VIN through FDRS to see if there are any software updates to the GWM or TCU. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/request-vin-lookup-thread.13393/ If cutting the power and then resetting in FORScan don’t work, the next thing to check is for out of date software. Your ‘23 Lariat is very new so there might not be any updates. But it’s worth verifying.

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
@WD8CXB. One last thing while you’re waiting. Post your VIN on this thread and ask someone to run your VIN through FDRS to see if there are any software updates to the GWM or TCU. https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/request-vin-lookup-thread.13393/ If cutting the power and then resetting in FORScan don’t work, the next thing to check is for out of date software. Your ‘23 Lariat is very new so there might not be any updates. But it’s worth verifying.
Here is my VIN#: 1FTFW1E83PFA34969 I did do a VIN Lookup request in the other thread.

I do appreciate all the information.

I did check the other connectors, and they all seemed tight. As a precaution, I unplugged them and reinserted them. I have seen strange things like poorly seated connectors create a problem before.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Here is my VIN#: 1FTFW1E83PFA34969

I do appreciate all the information.

I did check the other connectors, and they all seemed tight. As a precaution, I unplugged them and reinserted them. I have seen strange things like poorly seated connectors create a problem before.
Sorry. I meant post your VIN to the link I provided. Not here. My FDRS subscription isn’t currently active. But someone on the thread I directed you to will be able to run your VIN through FDRS.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Sorry. I meant post your VIN to the link I provided. Not here. My FDRS subscription isn’t currently active. But someone on the thread I directed you to will be able to run your VIN through FDRS.

I caught that you meant the other thread after I replied. I did post my VIN # in that thread.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I caught that you meant the other thread after I replied. I did post my VIN # in that thread.
You have a metric ton of DTCs

Ford F-150 Ford Pass not updating/working. 1673464640217

Ford F-150 Ford Pass not updating/working. 1673464656118

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That doesn't look good!! :) Guess that explains why it is not working and has been intermittent since I took delivery of the truck.
Seems like a voltage issue or some type of wierd issue.

You dont have them as recent BUT its strange to see so many unless you had it at the dealer.

Make sure all your settings are on in the connectivity menu also.

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Seems like a voltage issue or some type of wierd issue.

You dont have them as recent BUT its strange to see so many unless you had it at the dealer.

Make sure all your settings are on in the connectivity menu also.
It was not at the dealer other than to install the tonneau cover on December 22nd.
Sponsored