First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/is-it-just-a-matter-of-time-before-we-see-a-ford-f-150-tremor/

by
Ford F-150 Article: "Is It Just A Matter Of Time Before We See A Ford F-150 Tremor?" f38c9845f7838091e633ec2454b974ed?s=40&r=
Brett FooteSeptember 28, 2020, 11:39 am

Ford F-150 Article: "Is It Just A Matter Of Time Before We See A Ford F-150 Tremor?" dy-graphics-009-Tremor-logo-on-side-of-box-758x412

FoMoCo debuted the Ford Super Duty Tremor last June as a new option package that adds off-road prowess to an already-capable truck. Then, just two weeks ago, The Blue Oval revealed the Ford Ranger Tremor with a similar formula. Now, the only missing piece of the puzzle is a Ford F-150 Tremor, which would be the next logical addition to The Blue Oval’s truck line.
Ford F-150 Article: "Is It Just A Matter Of Time Before We See A Ford F-150 Tremor?" Package-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters-1024x683

There are many reasons to believe that an F-150 Tremor is coming at some point in the future. For starters, Ford needs something to compete with the new Silverado Trail Boss, GMC Sierra AT4, and Ram Rebel. And while The Blue Oval currently offers the FX4, which is a rival to the Z71 package, it’s not as capable as the Trail Boss, AT4 or Rebel.
Sponsored Links

On the other end of the spectrum is the Raptor, which lands at the top of the heap in terms of off-road capability and an associated price. Thus, there’s clearly room in the middle of the entry-level FX4 package and the range-topping Raptor to satisfy customers who want something more capable than what’s offered by FX4, but something less hardcore (and also less expensive) than the F-150 Raptor. That would be the task of a hypothetical F-150 Tremor package.
Ford F-150 Article: "Is It Just A Matter Of Time Before We See A Ford F-150 Tremor?" nd-body-graphics-001-front-three-quarters-1024x556

“But wait,” you might say, “can the Tremor and Raptor co-exist?” That’s a great question!
Sponsored Links

Following the debut of the Super Duty Tremor, there was a notion that Ford trucks would be available with either the Tremor package or as a Raptor, but not both. However, that theory was recently put to rest when the Ranger Tremor debuted, as it joins the Ranger FX4 package and the Ranger Raptor. That said, it’s worth noting that – as of this writing – there isn’t a single market in the world where all three Ranger off-road configurations – FX4, Tremor and Raptor – are offered side-by-side.
So the only question left to ask is, what would an F-150 Tremor package be like? And the answer is, probably something very similar to what we’ve already seen on the Ranger and Super Duty Tremor packages.
2020-2021 FORD SUPER DUTY TREMOR2021 FORD RANGER TREMOR
Tires35-inch Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac maximum-traction tires32-inch Continental General Grabber A/TX all-terrain tires
WheelsUnique 18-inch matte-black wheelsUnique 17 inch Magnetic-painted wheels
Suspension Lift2-inches front and rear0.8-inches front and rear
SpringsProgressive rateSpecially-tuned
ShocksCustom 1.7-inch piston twin-tube dampersFox 2.0 monotube dampers with remote rear reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops
Stabilizer BarsSpecially-tuned rear stabilizer bar-
Rear DifferentialLocking rear differential with electronic shift-on-the-fly engagementLocking Rear Differential
Front DifferentialDana limited-slip front differential-
Running BoardsOff-Road running boards tucked close to bodyUnique hoop steps
Vent TubesWater Fording Vent Tubes for transfer case & axle-
Underbody ProtectionTransfer case, gas tank skid platesSteel front bash plate and underbody skid plates
Drive ModesRock-crawl, Trail ControlTerrain Management System with four drive modes and Trail Control
Front Grille-Magnetic-painted surround with black bars and red nostril accents
GraphicsBed sidesBed sides, optional Tremor Body-Side and Hood Graphic package
Auxiliary Power Bank-Six switch – 25 amps, 15 amps, and 10 amps, plus three 5 amp switches
Interior-Black accents, Miko suede inserts and “Tremor” stitched into the seatbacks
Air dam modificationsShorter air dam-

A hypothetical F-150 Tremor package would have a suspension lift, specially-tuned shocks, beefier tires, a locking rear differential, plus unique exterior and interior accents. Though the Ranger and Super Duty Tremor packages vary in terms of the equipment each contains, these are the common items between the two. We’d also expect the F-150 Tremor to be offered with the same range of engines as the regular, non-Raptor F-150.
At the end of the day, an F-150 Tremor simply makes too much sense not to happen. So now, the only question left to ask is, when will Ford fill this perceived void in its lineup? With the all-new 2021 Ford F-150 just weeks away from hitting showrooms, we’d like to think that it will be in the near-term future.

Is an F-150 Tremor a good idea?
Sponsored

hsawaknoW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT FX4
100% no brainer if you ask me. This needs to happen. This takes all the drama and guesswork out of DIY leveling kits.

Where do you think it would fall in terms of trim level?

My guess would be between Lariat and King Ranch.

executor485

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Explorer Platinum
100% no brainer if you ask me. This needs to happen. This takes all the drama and guesswork out of DIY leveling kits.

Where do you think it would fall in terms of trim level?

My guess would be between Lariat and King Ranch.
I think the Tremor is an add-on? If I'm not wrong, you can add the Tremor kit to a Platinum or Lariat (and possibly other models).
Factory level and beefier setup... Basically what a large number of people already do. Not bad if they price it right.

hsawaknoW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT FX4
I think the Tremor is an add-on? If I'm not wrong, you can add the Tremor kit to a Platinum or Lariat (and possibly other models).
Factory level and beefier setup... Basically what a large number of people already do. Not bad if they price it right.
That would be awesome. I'd love an XLT Tremor.