First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Sort of similar to the content here... I found a set of OEM take-off wheels and tires. The seller said the TPMS's have been removed. Am I hearing correctly, all I need to do is buy 4 new TPMS (where, prefer OEM?) for each wheel/tire, install them, and mount the new set, then eventually the truck figures it out?
The TPM's have to be the correct ones for your truck. I got mine from a local tire shop, installed. Not sure if it would learn by itself, but I just go to my dealer and one of the service writers comes out at reprograms the truck. Takes less than 5 minutes to do.
Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
The TPM's have to be the correct ones for your truck. I got mine from a local tire shop, installed. Not sure if it would learn by itself, but I just go to my dealer and one of the service writers comes out at reprograms the truck. Takes less than 5 minutes to do.
Thank you @Kanuck , I'll give a service writer a call on Monday... l have learned that at least the 2021 and 2022 use Motorcraft TPMS-68 sensors which transmit at 315 Mhz. I called my local OEM parts counter, $83 a piece - wow.... I see a bunch on Amazonian but I'm a little leary about their quality.......

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Thank you @Kanuck , I'll give a service writer a call on Monday... l have learned that at least the 2021 and 2022 use Motorcraft TPMS-68 sensors which transmit at 315 Mhz. I called my local OEM parts counter, $83 a piece - wow.... I see a bunch on Amazonian but I'm a little leary about their quality.......
I did a $70.00 each installed cash deal with the tire shop. I figured, even off Amazon, I would still have to get them installed. I just had one fail, took the truck back to the tire shop, they checked it out and replaced it free of charge. That alone, made it worth the extra few dollars. And now that I think about it, the spare must not have one. Hummmm
Sponsored