Sponsored

2021 F150 suspensions? Air ride suspension?

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 ford mustang, 2015 ford edge
I was wondering if there is any news if they might have 4 corner air ride suspension or something like that.
Sponsored

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
I was wondering if there is any news if they might have 4 corner air ride suspension or something like that.
From all the pics/articles about the spied prototypes, I think the only trim model that could possibly feature air ride suspension is the electric F150 which has been spotted with independent rear suspension. The regular 2021 F150 has been spotted with leaf springs and the new Raptor with coil spring suspension.

Adaptive / adjustable air suspension would actually make sense on the electric F150 since it's going to weigh a lot more with its batteries.

OP
OP

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From all the pics/articles about the spied prototypes, I think the only trim model that could possibly feature air ride suspension is the electric F150 which has been spotted with independent rear suspension. The regular 2021 F150 has been spotted with leaf springs and the new Raptor with coil spring suspension.

Adaptive / adjustable air suspension would actually make sense on the electric F150 since it's going to weigh a lot more with its batteries.
If they want to compete with ram they might want to try and add air suspension to xlt or lariat and higher.

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler

There are actually air lead spring suspension systems but I’ve only seen aftermarket applications and never one from a manufacturer.

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
If they want to compete with ram they might want to try and add air suspension to xlt or lariat and higher.
Agreed. With more companies offering it on more models now, it’s a pretty common option now. New Tahoe and Suburban just got air suspension option for the upper trims. Then again they also got IRS for this generation.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There are actually air lead spring suspension systems but I’ve only seen aftermarket applications and never one from a manufacturer.
I know Dodge offers it from the factory with the air ride

OP
OP

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agreed. With more companies offering it on more models now, it’s a pretty common option now. New Tahoe and Suburban just got air suspension option for the upper trims. Then again they also got IRS for this generation.
Is irs independent rear suspension?

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
I am looking at the Torque brand Air Bag Suspension Kit for load leveling while towing my travel trailer. I think Air ride and Firestone also make a kit for the F150, but not sure if theirs are out yet for the 2021. Has anyone else installed one of these air bag systems?
https://www.amazon.com/Torque-TR258...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Sponsored