First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
My 2023 Lariat Sport Powerboost is supposed to be shipped this week. But, we know it won't be. In the meantime, I'm looking into buying a battery tender. Please, if someone could give the names of some good ones, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB
Last edited:

Mszczewski

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I’m very happy with my Noco onboard in my Powerboost.

Same thread as above.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
If you ever think you want to perform any updates on your own via FDRS, I’d get one that supports a power supply mode. It’ll likely be a minimum of 10A for that feature. I got a NOCO Genius 10, but there are others available as well.

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Another vote for noco here, been using a few of the 3.5 amp versions for keeping power sport batteries fresh and also previous vehicles if I knew they were going to sit parked for a while. I will also use it on the Lariat if needed.

I built a programming DC power supply using a PSU from an old server. Very stable and reliable. 14.4v @ 80amps. I'm coming from the BMW world and have a ton of flashing / programming / coding experience on that platform.

I would use the same PS for FDRS if ever needed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver
If you ever think you want to perform any updates on your own via FDRS, I’d get one that supports a power supply mode. It’ll likely be a minimum of 10A for that feature. I got a NOCO Genius 10, but there are others available as well.
Ok great

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

FordPrefect

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Platinum PB, R1200RT, Fuell Flluid
I've had pretty good luck with Optimate (though I don't have my PowerBoost yet). It is pricey but the Optimate 7 Select has a power supply mode that seems like it'd work well with FDRS, etc.

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I use the cheapest no-name kind I can get at my local hardware store for years and it works great.

is your concern that the truck will be delivered with a drained battery?

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I use the cheapest no-name kind I can get at my local hardware store for years and it works great.

Extended parking / winter time. Isn't about time we get little solar panels to self-tender, particularly when they're gobbling up everyone's data with the cellular modem that never sleeps.

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver

No, I'm worried about my truck sitting for weeks at a time. I've been reading some real horror stories, about Powerboost trucks sitting for long periods of time, and the battery loses all of its power.

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
No, I'm worried about my truck sitting for weeks at a time. I've been reading some real horror stories, about Powerboost trucks sitting for long periods of time, and the battery loses all of its power.
I'm going through this right now and feeling pretty grouchy about it. Left my truck idle for a month and a half and came home to the deadest battery I've ever seen. I've put a charger on it, but honestly I'll be beyond amazed if this battery isnt beyond the grave.
I'm having a tough time imagining an electrical system that is so fragile that its battery commits suicide because the owner committed the sin of not driving the vehicle for a little while...

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I'm going through this right now and feeling pretty grouchy about it. Left my truck idle for a month and a half and came home to the deadest battery I've ever seen. I've put a charger on it, but honestly I'll be beyond amazed if this battery isnt beyond the grave.
I'm having a tough time imagining an electrical system that is so fragile that its battery commits suicide because the owner committed the sin of not driving the vehicle for a little while...
I'm sorry to hear about your dead battery. Please post how it turns out.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The PB has a main twin 12v batteries in it. The main 800 CCA under the hood and a 12v 35 or 70 ah (cant remember the AH on it) gel deep cycle battery under the rear passenger seat. You can also go in with Forscan and increase the state of charge from the factory 80% to 95% fairly easily. This will help keep the truck from entering deep sleep for a much longer period of time, usually by an extra 1-2 weeks depending on temps.
Sponsored