Sponsored

***Limited Club***

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Jason, I read way too many neg reports on BAKFLIP - so my choices were between a LEER QUAD-FOLD or a RETRAX MX with remote. Wife help me - and she wanted me to get the remote due to all of my bad back. REMAX PRO MX (without motor) is great - better than LEER but you have to be willing to give up 12" or so in bed space. For me - I wasn't worried about loosing bed space. I'm not in the business of hauling a bunch of stuff daily in he back of my bed anyway. Also, I didn't want a so so cover on a $80K truck.
Sponsored

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost (Hybrid)
Jason, I read way too many neg reports on BAKFLIP - so my choices were between a LEER QUAD-FOLD or a RETRAX MX with remote. Wife help me - and she wanted me to get the remote due to all of my bad back. REMAX PRO MX (without motor) is great - better than LEER but you have to be willing to give up 12" or so in bed space. For me - I wasn't worried about loosing bed space. I'm not in the business of hauling a bunch of stuff daily in he back of my bed anyway. Also, I didn't want a so so cover on a $80K truck.
That makes good sense. I also like that the Leer does not need drain tubes. I will reconsider Retrax, but mentally the 12 inches does bother me :).

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Agree - if you need the full bed at sometime - then I would recommend the LEER

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agree - if you need the full bed at sometime - then I would recommend the LEER
I think I am going to try the Leer. Looks like I can install it myself with a bit of attention to detail.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You may know already but if not - there are plently of YouTube install videos

Sponsored

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You may know already but if not - there are plently of YouTube install videos
Thanks for the recommendation. Just ordered mine. I will report on my experience. Looking forward to receiving it.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ticktock, ticktok & ticktock the wait continues. The turtle is stuck in the cold city & state of Dearborn Michigan:

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 10.29.23 AM

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice. You are almost there.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Folks an update: Just got word from my General Sales Manager. (GSM) - stating my truck is built & in final stage before being released for shipment. GSM say delivery is still projected for MArch 20. Hey, I gotta get those Ford March Truck incentives for sure!

Putting two & two together, with my GSM's update I'm convince my truck is @ an offsite awaiting the spray line liner. It makes sense from all the forum traffic.

* My RETRAX PowertraxONE MX (matte finsih & polycarbonate) is on it's way from RETRAX factory.
* I have my new NOCO GB150 on hand
* My FOXWELL BT715 12V 24V Automotive Battery Tester Cranking System Charging System Analyzer is also on its way. You can bet that I'm going to run the battery & charging system test before acceptance.
* Still have to get my mud flaps & rain guards.
* Planning on getting a tailgae lock / McGard Tailgate Lock- any thoughts if it's really needed.
I want to make sure the tailgate cannot be taken.
* I will be doing my own ceramic coating - from the "Chemical Guys product line". Their videos, steps etc., make it very simple. I have their products sitting in the checkout basket & holding purchase until the truck is on its way to dealership.
* Not certain yet about buying an aftermarket FM antenna. If I do it will be the 13" vs a small stubby one. I'll kept the OEM antenna stored in the lockable storage under the rear seat.

91heelncville

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Any advice about a cover for my Limited (arriving in April). I don't have a garage for it, so it will spend some in my driveway with a few overhanging trees. I'm looking at the custom covers Weathertech has, but welcome any advice from you pros. This will be my first time owning a vehicle this nice.

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
On my 2016 Plat, I forgot where I purchased my cover from - but it wasn't a full truck cover. It was heavy duty for both sun, winter and rain. It covered only the front & cab but not the rear. I had a tonneau cover for the rear. I loved it & still have it. I will used it when I have to park my truck outside - when I;m doing garage projects etc... If I find who I purchased it from I'll post it.

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got my first few sets of minor modifications in and started putting them on. So far I have added:

1. Texas A&M Chrome emblem
2. 10th mountain division chrome emblem.
3. Bull Ring Tiedown points.
4. Black bed mat.

The decals were very easy to install cleaned it with some alcohol and press them on with the 3M double-sided adhesive tape. I decided to put them on the chrome placard on the back as the angles for the top of the tail that would be having them face down.

The Bull Ring tiedowns were very easy to put in. One small trick is if they only go in on one side towards the inside of the bed or at least mine did.

The bed minute seems to be a decent fit, I was a little concerned when I saw it was a 2015+, however seem to go in OK with a little bit of space all around. I’ve never used a bed mat only spray in bedliner ‘s, this time of the combination of both. They certainly are soft and Kneel on. They are definitely heavy and made from vulcanized rubber/tires. They smell like tires, but on my tires and the truck. My only issues/annoyances with the bedliner was (1) the back corner of the mat had excessive mug/dust on it and they stapled a flier to it with the name model etc. I'd rather not have staples in my mat and subsequently holes or find out that the staple did not come all the way out and scratch things. It too me as long to pull out the staples as it did to install the mat :).

I’ll give a more lengthy update once I’ve had a chance to use some of these things but so far I’m very happy with them and the way they went in.

Jason

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** C61DF42A-E189-4768-B62F-B0A85C0E02C1

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** 601A2602-8EF4-4652-AD9F-6C45B318C260

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** 9342AE38-074D-433B-8809-8C239359BE6C

Ford F-150 ***Limited Club*** F26AFDA3-C095-404B-A6A9-3F5429BF4EA3

Reactions: fjr

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Very nice & you never can go wrong with 10th Mountain

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Got my first few sets of minor modifications in and started putting them on. So far I have added:

1. Texas A&M Chrome emblem
2. 10th mountain division chrome emblem.
3. Bull Ring Tiedown points.
4. Black bed mat.

The decals were very easy to install cleaned it with some alcohol and press them on with the 3M double-sided adhesive tape. I decided to put them on the chrome placard on the back as the angles for the top of the tail that would be having them face down.

The Bull Ring tiedowns were very easy to put in. One small trick is if they only go in on one side towards the inside of the bed or at least mine did.

The bed minute seems to be a decent fit, I was a little concerned when I saw it was a 2015+, however seem to go in OK with a little bit of space all around. I’ve never used a bed mat only spray in bedliner ‘s, this time of the combination of both. They certainly are soft and Kneel on. They are definitely heavy and made from vulcanized rubber/tires. They smell like tires, but on my tires and the truck. My only issues/annoyances with the bedliner was (1) the back corner of the mat had excessive mug/dust on it and they stapled a flier to it with the name model etc. I'd rather not have staples in my mat and subsequently holes or find out that the staple did not come all the way out and scratch things. It too me as long to pull out the staples as it did to install the mat :).

I’ll give a more lengthy update once I’ve had a chance to use some of these things but so far I’m very happy with them and the way they went in.

Jason

C61DF42A-E189-4768-B62F-B0A85C0E02C1.jpeg

601A2602-8EF4-4652-AD9F-6C45B318C260.jpeg

9342AE38-074D-433B-8809-8C239359BE6C.jpeg

F26AFDA3-C095-404B-A6A9-3F5429BF4EA3.jpeg
Wonder if the Bull Ring tie downs would interfere with Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover.
Sponsored