First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda clarity, 2005titan 2022f150 powerboost
Occupation
just retired
Did you lookup his VIN on the Ford fleet site that displays towing figures based on VIN? I used to have the link to that, cant find now, could you post it?
go look at my posts for 8 months vins on sticker and vins on my post yes its a PB. Gee maybe they f-k up on sticker but I dont think so
Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Did you lookup his VIN on the Ford fleet site that displays towing figures based on VIN? I used to have the link to that, cant find now, could you post it?
No, I found the link to my window sticker and swapped out the VIN number.

That ford fleet towing site hasn’t worked for a while.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
go look at my posts for 8 months vins on sticker and vins on my post yes its a PB. Gee maybe they f-k up on sticker but I dont think so
Clearly, your sticker doesn’t agree with the f150 specs sheet. They’re both official documents provided by Ford. I’m guessing your sticker is the accurate one and that the specs document is wrong.

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
When I saw the thread title I had to read more. I'm thinking holy cow, a 5th wheel with a half ton, and PB at that. It makes sense now that I read it's a xl long bed with a 28' 8K trailer at sea level.

Thanks for sharing. It's awesome that you were able to help your brother. Wishing you the best.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
you know I did much the same as you garner as much info as I could off this forums but in the end I was holding my breath when It got delivered and first thing I did was open that door and dragged my wife over and made her look ( like she cares). they really could make this easier. In the end I dont think the PB is for everyone but for certain of us its a homerun. Thank you for your reply
You give me hope.
For a while in October the VIN calculator worked. Said my payload 1787# got KR standard, PB 7.4kw 360 camera/assist. I was hoping around 1825# until Ford upped the wheel to 20” (about 50#). The calculator was pre-build.
I can hope the yellow sticker looks different 🤞
You did your homework, got a great truck!
Atta boy
😀😀😀

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Really wish we had purchased it as 157", but it's an amazing tow truck for everything we have asked of it. Half of the employees that work with it have dibs on it when we are ready to replace it with another.

Ford F-150 Just had fantastic experiance with towing 5th wheel with PB 20210909_131652

Ford F-150 Just had fantastic experiance with towing 5th wheel with PB 20221024_141756

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
You should just attach photos so you can view without having to download and then go through deleting on our devices.
20210218_180722.jpg
I dont get what your saying ? I must be mistaken. Are you saying I am downloading and posting others stickers?

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
When I saw the thread title I had to read more. I'm thinking holy cow, a 5th wheel with a half ton, and PB at that. It makes sense now that I read it's a xl long bed with a 28' 8K trailer at sea level.

Thanks for sharing. It's awesome that you were able to help your brother. Wishing you the best.
I would tow it through the Rockies

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
I used to get really good towing mpg in Florida regardless of what truck I owned. I lived down there for 27 years and towed enclosed car trailers. Those same trucks would have the mpg's tank when heading up to Kentucky and Michigan.

My payload? A whopping 1352 lbs..... I don't tow anymore and if I did, I certainly wouldn't buy a Powerboost.
What if you only towed occasionally was in parameters is it better to spend 30more and have to live with the mileage and 5.50 for diesel all year it didn't tow really any different than my 2500 hd and an 80 series trans is capable of that, maybe not everyday but i already talked about that. I dont think most people dont address that when they talked about heavy half tones

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
What if you only towed occasionally was in parameters is it better to spend 30more and have to live with the mileage and 5.50 for diesel all year it didn't tow really any different than my 2500 hd and an 80 series trans is capable of that, maybe not everyday but i already talked about that. I dont think most people dont address that when they talked about heavy half tones
Towing an enclosed car trailer, I'd just go back to a 3.5l Ecoboost. I'm not about to buy a "beer can" truck. It'll have most of the option boxes checked. Anything bigger than a car trailer, it would be a 3/4 ton truck.

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
IMO the point is, @mbouck3, you've got a great truck and trailer rig that serves you well ... so kudos for that and thanks for sharing your experience! (y) :)

Too often folks read "5th wheel" and jump to the image of a giant trailer only suitable for towing with a SuperDuty. While there's certainly no shortage of those monstrous 'fivers', there's also some that are quite suitable for towing with an F150, even designed specifically for the 'half-ton' owner. As another example .... my Escape RV at 5500# GTWR, ~750# pin weight, 21 ft OAL, 7.4 ft width is a great companion with a properly equipped half-ton PB or ICE (I've not yet snapped a pic of mine behind the new 2022 F150 Lariat, here with my 2005 XLT):
Ford F-150 Just had fantastic experiance with towing 5th wheel with PB 2005 F150 RV RIG

I love, as I'm sure you do, the towing advantages that only a 5th wheel can provide in comparison to a bumper-pull. It sounds to me like you, too, have a fantastic F150+fiver rig for traveling anywhere you choose to go.

Wishing you and your brother / family the very best as y'all work together toward recovery from the Florida devastation.

Last edited:

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
Really wish we had purchased it as 157", but it's an amazing tow truck for everything we have asked of it. Half of the employees that work with it have dibs on it when we are ready to replace it with another.

20210909_131652.jpg

20221024_141756.jpg
Greater than 2000# and caption says King Ranch- how did you do it?
From your other post, I know you have at least 1 max tow truck.
I see from stickers you have 17” wheels.
2023 20” standard, I was led to believe no 18” option.
Where else did I go wrong to loose >225#?
20” wheels around 50#, 17” even more
Max tow?- spec sheet says 26# over base XL
360 camera and Assist- can’t weigh much
I’m still missing 100#+. Too late for this truck (if ever delivered), but might help for my next truck or someone else.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Greater than 2000# and caption says King Ranch- how did you do it?
From your other post, I know you have at least 1 max tow truck.
I see from stickers you have 17” wheels.
2023 20” standard, I was led to believe no 18” option.
Where else did I go wrong to loose >225#?
20” wheels around 50#, 17” even more
Max tow?- spec sheet says 26# over base XL
360 camera and Assist- can’t weigh much
I’m still missing 100#+. Too late for this truck (if ever delivered), but might help for my next truck or someone else.
I personally drive a 2022 KingRanch 157"
The first Powerboost I drove was the one pictured above and is for our aircraft service department use. I also had a bought from inventory 2021 Platinum Powerboost, that was my original personal use Powerboost, and I was far more enamored with it than I had expected. So I ordered the 2022 KingRanch exactly the way I wanted it.

I'm a huge Powerboost fan, I suppose. :)

OP
OP

mbouck3

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
just retired
Towing an enclosed car trailer, I'd just go back to a 3.5l Ecoboost. I'm not about to buy a "beer can" truck. It'll have most of the option boxes checked. Anything bigger than a car trailer, it would be a 3/4 ton truck.
what ever works for ya

HeadBanger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
I dont get what your saying ? I must be mistaken. Are you saying I am downloading and posting others stickers?
No. He's saying that if you want to post a picture, just attach it to the message, instead of a link to a PDF file. Some people need to download that file to their device in order to view it. Then they have to delete it. Attach the photo to your message so that it's contained within the site.
Sponsored