First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 ecoboost
Occupation
Car restoration
I notice the right rear tire is a spare, did you hit debris in the road?

It has an FX4 sticker, so should at least have rudimentary underbody protection. When I changed the oil on my truck, one of the things that I noticed was how exposed everything was compared with my other trucks.

As mentioned, if something came loose in the engine compartment, things can get bad in a hurry. Luckily, changing the antenna shouldn’t have knocked anything loose in the fuel system :sneaky: I don’t know if a small extinguisher would have done much unless you caught it really early. Also, an electrical fire will just keep reigniting while the amperage is still available. That said, it’s always a good idea to have an extinguisher.

Good luck with everything!
Yeah so we picked up a shard of glass or plexiglass at the storage yard picking up the trailer. I recall thinking "what else could possibly go wrong today?" Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ndamo

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 ecoboost
Occupation
Car restoration
All manufacturers have fires. I put out a fire the other day in a brand new Chevy 2500. The guy said he saw smoke trailing him, pulled over and grabbed stuff out if the cab before it became involved. It looked like the fire started back at the transmission, so likely a transmission line that broke spraying fluid onto exhaust.
Wow, are you a firefighter or something? It burned the entire truck?

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
All manufacturers have fires. I put out a fire the other day in a brand new Chevy 2500. The guy said he saw smoke trailing him, pulled over and grabbed stuff out if the cab before it became involved. It looked like the fire started back at the transmission, so likely a transmission line that broke spraying fluid onto exhaust.
Fake news. Only happens to Fords.

Bdubbs1198

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Wow, are you a firefighter or something? It burned the entire truck?
Yes. It burned the engine compartment, the dash, and the sheet of plywood in the bed caught fire, lol. I've never been to a car fire that isn't totalled by the time thr fire, smoke, and water damaged everything. Unless you stop it right away, it's going to be totalled.

Sponsored

DEWAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT FX4 POWERBOOST
Crazy,
This is almost a carbon copy of the truck that caught fire last week - Also towing a trailer - also Black 14th Gen

RossRR

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 502A Rapid Red SCrew PB FX4 MaxTow
redundant post

Last edited:

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I really feel traumatized by it . Also, Interest rate on my Ford was 0%, now I'll be stuck paying 7%!! I'm getting a low mile used 2018 Duramax 2500 and will never have a truck problem again
That's a very arrogant and naive thing to say.

I understand you are upset and understandably so but like others have said, accidents happen, quality control isn't perfect. These are isolated events otherwise this whole forum would be talking about their burnt down trucks.

I'm happy you are OK and I'm pretty sure when you experience your first issue with your 4 year old duramax, which you eventually will, you won't come here to let us know you were wrong.

Sponsored

OneFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB BAP
I really feel traumatized by it . Also, Interest rate on my Ford was 0%, now I'll be stuck paying 7%!! I'm getting a low mile used 2018 Duramax 2500 and will never have a truck problem again
haha hilarious that you think that buying a new diesel.

I think the sales person took you for a ride while in a state of shock. No one should be making large financial decision while going through traumatic experiences.

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Oh man, I feel your pain. this was my truck that burnt down on the trailer coming out to me. Never got final word on what had happened but always assumed it was the trailer brakes.
Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 EcoBoost burned down while driving it 1668880237739
Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 EcoBoost burned down while driving it 1668880258459

OP
OP

Ndamo

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 ecoboost
Occupation
Car restoration
That's a very arrogant and naive thing to say.

I understand you are upset and understandably so but like others have said, accidents happen, quality control isn't perfect. These are isolated events otherwise this whole forum would be talking about their burnt down trucks.

I'm happy you are OK and I'm pretty sure when you experience your first issue with your 4 year old duramax, which you eventually will, you won't come here to let us know you were wrong.
You probably right, it probably will break down, and I have been somewhat angry about what happened. A chevy 2500 is not made of vibranium or something.
Although, I don't think anyone in my shoes would be lining up to buy another f-150. I know you guys are partial to these trucks, mine was an awesome truck with really cool features, but from my point of view the risk of having a fire in an F-150 is significantly higher than in a Chevy 2500. I will miss having my F-150, i really loved that truck.
If I do buy the Chevy, and it does have some major unexpected break down in the future, I will come back here and tell you guys about it.

OP
OP

Ndamo

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 ecoboost
Occupation
Car restoration
Oh man, I feel your pain. this was my truck that burnt down on the trailer coming out to me. Never got final word on what had happened but always assumed it was the trailer brakes.
1668880237739.png
1668880258459.png
I saw your post earlier, very sorry this happened to your truck, and I hope you get your replacement soon!
Sponsored