Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I have two questions.
1. What is fake engine sound?
2. Does the front windows go atomatically only down? Or should they go atomatically up as well and i need to change something ?
I guess they pump super low level engine noise into the cabin to make the truck sound better?? I'm not sure on this one, but I disabled it since that's just silly.

As for the front windows, they should be auto down and up by default. Unless lower trim levels don't have auto up for some reason.

What's your trim level?
Sponsored

Imo

First Name
Melchior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 3.5l ecoboost
I guess they pump super low level engine noise into the cabin to make the truck sound better?? I'm not sure on this one, but I disabled it since that's just silly.

As for the front windows, they should be auto down and up by default. Unless lower trim levels don't have auto up for some reason.

What's your trim level?
Oh, thanks I will disable it as well
I have lariat, but only things missing is massage seats i think. I had blown airbags ( passenger seat and steering wheel ) and have airbag error since then maybe this is the reason for them to don't go automatically up?
I'm waiting for the dedicated ob2 cable for forscan to delete errors.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer
Oh, thanks I will disable it as well
I have lariat, but only things missing is message seats i think. I had blown airbags ( passenger seat and steering wheel ) and have airbag error since then maybe this is the reason for them to don't go automatically up?
I'm waiting for the dedicated ob2 cable for forscan to delete errors.
Possible, I'm positive on a Lariat they have auto up and auto down, for the front 2 windows. Might be due to the airbag error..

Imo

First Name
Melchior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 3.5l ecoboost
Possible, I'm positive on a Lariat they have auto up and auto down, for the front 2 windows. Might be due to the airbag error..
Thanks!

I'll check it but need to wait for cable 😔 if not I'll need to go through spreadsheet if there's any code for windows other that global windows

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
In the Mustang it is electronically generated through the speakers. I assume it is the same in the F-150

Reactions: Imo

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
2. Does the front windows go atomatically only down? Or should they go atomatically up as well and i need to change something ?
Be sure you are pulling the buttons up through the detent for auto-up. On my Lariat the "auto up" detent is a lot stronger than the "down" detent for whatever reason.

Brad34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 3.5 Ecoboost Screw
I have a 302a with 3.5 Ecoboost. I went in just this past weekend to disable the fake engine noise, but the value was the same as shown in the spreadsheet. So I guess 302a's do not have the fake engine noise. It surprises me, since I have seen so many people complain about the 3.5 sound. Yes, my 2019 5.0 had a much better growl, but I don't find the 3.5 to be bad at all.

Just FYI if anyone is wondering. I have not seen much info on the fake engine noise for the 14 gens.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I have a 302a with 3.5 Ecoboost. I went in just this past weekend to disable the fake engine noise, but the value was the same as shown in the spreadsheet. So I guess 302a's do not have the fake engine noise. It surprises me, since I have seen so many people complain about the 3.5 sound. Yes, my 2019 5.0 had a much better growl, but I don't find the 3.5 to be bad at all.

Just FYI if anyone is wondering. I have not seen much info on the fake engine noise for the 14 gens.
I had a 302A for about 5 weeks before I got my Lariat, it's clear to me that the XLT did not have the FENG and the Lariat does... but I actually kinda like it

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Support Engineer

I have a 22 Tremor 402a and my setting was enabled, but after disabling it, I honestly can't tell a difference.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
One more item on the windows just FYI .... here's the Power Door Window Initialization steps from the Workshop Manual (steps 1&2 are safety warnings, keep your fingers clear):

Start the engine.

3. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.

4. Release the window control switch.

5. NOTE: All of the remaining steps must be carried out within 30 seconds from start to finish.

Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.

6. Release the window control switch.

7. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully open position for 2 seconds.

8. Release the window control switch.

9. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.

10. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.

Sponsored

Imo

First Name
Melchior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 3.5l ecoboost
One more item on the windows just FYI .... here's the Power Door Window Initialization steps from the Workshop Manual (steps 1&2 are safety warnings, keep your fingers clear):

Start the engine.

3. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.

4. Release the window control switch.

5. NOTE: All of the remaining steps must be carried out within 30 seconds from start to finish.

Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.

6. Release the window control switch.

7. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully open position for 2 seconds.

8. Release the window control switch.

9. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window stalls in the fully closed position for 2 seconds.

10. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.
Thanks for it.

I need to do this for driver door only or for both doors. If for both does it need to be simultaneously?

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired!
I need to do this for driver door only or for both doors. If for both does it need to be simultaneously?
Individually for each problematic window; repeat if at first you don't succeed. OMO worth a try before anything else if you're sure you're lifting the button far enough.

This assumes of course that there's no other deeper problem with the window control system. The Workshop Manual has many pages of trouble-shooting DTC procedures if there's a deeper problem, A FORScan DTC scan should reveal if anything like that is going on.

IF FORScan reveals a bunch of DTC's I'd try clearing those, disconnect FORScan, cycle the engine on/off, then run the procedure above yet again, and see if they re-appear or if that fixes the issue.

Good Luck!

Imo

First Name
Melchior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2021 3.5l ecoboost
Individually for each problematic window; repeat if at first you don't succeed. OMO worth a try before anything else if you're sure you're lifting the button far enough.

This assumes of course that there's no other deeper problem with the window control system. The Workshop Manual has many pages of trouble-shooting DTC procedures if there's a deeper problem, A FORScan DTC scan should reveal if anything like that is going on.

IF FORScan reveals a bunch of DTC's I'd try clearing those, disconnect FORScan, cycle the engine on/off, then run the procedure above yet again, and see if they re-appear or if that fixes the issue.

Good Luck!
I'll try all of yours ideas but unfortunately I need to wait for cable :c
Maybe I'll succeed in enabling European navigation too

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Has anyone found and verified working way to disable the HVAC switching to fresh air when it's cold out yet? I have tried the Forscan codes for HVAC posted up and no such luck. It still flips at random to fresh air if the air temp is set any warmer than the outside temp and fills the cab with exhaust fumes. Even with an activated carbon filter it's bad. Not as bad as the Ranger was but still enough to cause my asthmatic kid issues.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Has anyone found and verified working way to disable the HVAC switching to fresh air when it's cold out yet? I have tried the Forscan codes for HVAC posted up and no such luck. It still flips at random to fresh air if the air temp is set any warmer than the outside temp and fills the cab with exhaust fumes. Even with an activated carbon filter it's bad. Not as bad as the Ranger was but still enough to cause my asthmatic kid issues.
Are you spending time idling? Is that when the fumes come in? If it happens while driving it would seem like and exhaust leak
Sponsored