Sponsored

Vibration thru gas pedal

KodiakPlat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ FX4 Platinum 3.5L
After driving on a few dirt roads I can now feel the gas pedal vibration when in 4A and accelerating in my 21’ FX4 Platinum with 3.5 ecoboost. I can still feel it while sitting in the passenger seat too. As others have posted there is harmonics with it and for me they kind of line up with the exhaust tones. Under load when the vibration is at its worst, it feels like the motor is losing power too.
Sponsored

andrew82

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
cdl driver
After driving on a few dirt roads I can now feel the gas pedal vibration when in 4A and accelerating in my 21’ FX4 Platinum with 3.5 ecoboost. I can still feel it while sitting in the passenger seat too. As others have posted there is harmonics with it and for me they kind of line up with the exhaust tones. Under load when the vibration is at its worst, it feels like the motor is losing power too.

andrew82

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
cdl driver
I had this vibration issue in my 21 stx 3.5 ecoboost. Taking it to the dealership was a waste of time. I was ready to switch to Toyota or some other brand. Well I ended up ordering a 22 powerboost. I got 10,000 miles on it and it rides and drives smoothly. I did have an issue with an exhaust rattle when the engine switched between ice and electric. The dealership I bought this truck from verified it. Took 3 months to get parts, but it’s now fixed and I’m happy. There’s definitely something up with some of these f-150’s. My 21 stx would leave my foot tingling after awhile. My 22 powerboost is smooth and pleasant to drive even after long trips.

Brandon1912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Hi, I Just picked up a new 2022 lariat 502a with the 5.0 today and on the way home I noticed a vibration in the gas pedal. Does anyone have a fix yet?

Sponsored

FordestGump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Trains
Update: 22 Tremor has been at dealer since MLK day. Called today to tell me they think the rear end needs replaced. The tech said he has had multiple trucks with the same issue. Shop foreman is on vacation till end of week, so I get my truck back till next Monday for them to get approval. I suspected this was a torque converter or driveline issue, but the dealer I purchased it from swore it was fine, while acknowledging the buzz and vibration. We shall see what happens after next week.

2022f150lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Update: 22 Tremor has been at dealer since MLK day. Called today to tell me they think the rear end needs replaced. The tech said he has had multiple trucks with the same issue. Shop foreman is on vacation till end of week, so I get my truck back till next Monday for them to get approval. I suspected this was a torque converter or driveline issue, but the dealer I purchased it from swore it was fine, while acknowledging the buzz and vibration. We shall see what happens after next week.
Do you happen to have any update on your issue? Was the dealer able to fix the problem or are you still having this issue?

I too am having the similar issue. Bought a 2022 F150 Lariat and am at 5k miles. Gas pedal vibrating like I am putting my foot on the hair clipper turned on. Happens at about 1,500 RPM on high gear (8, 9, 10) or when accelerating going up a slight incline.

On a longer drive, similar to others, I start my feet start to tingle and go numb if I keep up the driving. This is extremely disappointment and takes the "fun" out of driving a $60k car. I am a first time Ford F150 buyer and it is sad that this is the problem that I am having to deal with.

I am going to be taking my car to a dealer next week, but I am not holding my breath on them owning up to the problem or doing anything about it; we shall see. I will post an update late next week sometime.

FordestGump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Trains
Truck is still in the shop. Day 20 I believe and no resolution. Originally told they have to replace rear end. Now they say they don't know what it is. Trying to tell me the transmission whine is fine. However service advisor told me today my steering wheel is making a clicking sound and they are diagnosing that. Been told so many different things in the past 3 weeks. I think they are scared to spend the dealerships money to get in it and be wrong, which isn't my problem.

Ford called today and submitted my buy back info. Should know by Monday or so I'm told. I have met the Lemon Law requirements in Texas. Just ready to move on.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
Okay, so I'm not crazy! I have a 22 Platinum PB that's less then a month old. I have a very mild but noticable vibration/grinding in the gas pedal, but nothing through the brake. It happens in both gas and electric. Not terrible, but definitely noticable!

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
Same here with my 22 PB Platinum. Built 8/11/22, took delivery 12/30/22 and immediately noticed the vibration that turns to a grinding sensation around 1.8k to 2k RPM when going 40mph or faster. Unfortunately, though not ideal, I think it's normal and everything is working fine. I'm thinking about sacrificing a mouse pad to sandwich between it and the firewall. Hopefully it can make it less pronounced.

Sponsored

2022f150lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Same here with my 22 PB Platinum. Built 8/11/22, took delivery 12/30/22 and immediately noticed the vibration that turns to a grinding sensation around 1.8k to 2k RPM when going 40mph or faster. Unfortunately, though not ideal, I think it's normal and everything is working fine. I'm thinking about sacrificing a mouse pad to sandwich between it and the firewall. Hopefully it can make it less pronounced.
Sorry to hear that you are also having this issue on your brand new truck. Its definitely not normal and it definitely takes away from driving experience for a $65k+ car; not impressive at all.

I went and test drove Ram 1500, Tundra, as well as Silverado and none of them have this problem that I could tell.

I have taken the truck to 2 different dealers so far. First one said they don't see any problem and everything is normal; BS. 2nd deader initially said that no problem found, so I took a ride with the tech and then he finally said that he does feel the vibration. As a result, he reset the PCM and transmission learning table; but that made no difference.

I am taking the car to a 3rd dealer and seeing what that tech says.

Its just highly disappointing that THIS is the problem I am having to deal with. This is my first and possibly the last Ford truck if this problem is not fixed.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Purchased new yesterday and noticed the grinding at certain speeds / gears. The truck is so unbelievably nice I can probably live with it. But, for anyone who shrugs it off, my husband mentioned it right away and he is somebody who drove on a bad wheel bearing for months in another car before noticing / saying something.

Sounds like this has been an issue for years across different engines. I’m coming to accept that modern cars have stupid quirks, and some are more sensitive to them than others. I’ve owned and driven so many cars, and the only one that drove 100% consistently without any annoying / concerning quirks was my 2002 Civic. Every car since has made me go, WTF?

TheObiJuan

First Name
TheObiJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F-150 Tremor 402A
Purchased new yesterday and noticed the grinding at certain speeds / gears. The truck is so unbelievably nice I can probably live with it. But, for anyone who shrugs it off, my husband mentioned it right away and he is somebody who drove on a bad wheel bearing for months in another car before noticing / saying something.

Sounds like this has been an issue for years across different engines. I’m coming to accept that modern cars have stupid quirks, and some are more sensitive to them than others. I’ve owned and driven so many cars, and the only one that drove 100% consistently without any annoying / concerning quirks was my 2002 Civic. Every car since has made me go, WTF?
At a minimum have TSB 22-2224 performed, even if it doesn’t apply in the specific years. It’s a 30min software fix and if it works your vibrations could go away. It worked for me after being frustrated for 9mo.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Thank you! Mine was manufactured on 2/23/23 — you’d think it would have all the updates and fixes to date 🤷‍♂️

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
2023 Powerboost with adjustable pedals. Like some of you- this just started after 700-800 miles after being fine until then. Mine actually is worst at ~3000 rpm and is accompanied by a harsh grinding noise- yet I can’t reproduce at idle when I rev the engine to the same rpm. Such a shame- absolutely love the truck otherwise. Here’s hoping either Ford or someone here can come up with a solution.
Sponsored