Sponsored

HID Headlight Adjustment

Thanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
Good evening. Not a lot of information out there currently on the 2021 for headlight adjustments. I found what I believe to be the screws for the adjustments but the lights are not moving either up or down. Anyone done this yet?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thanos

Thanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
Good evening. Not a lot of information out there currently on the 2021 for headlight adjustments. I found what I believe to be the screws for the adjustments but the lights are not moving either up or down. Anyone done this yet?
Nobody? I swear my headlamps shifted downward after having a leveling kit installed. That sharp line the HIDs creates is literally hitting the ground like 30' in front of my truck. I drove from Florida to West Virginia two days after leveling and that is when i noticed it

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I don't know about Lariats. The Platinums have led's and I believe they are self adjusting to compensate for loads and towing.

OP
OP
Thanos

Thanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
I don't know about Lariats. The Platinums have led's and I believe they are self adjusting to compensate for loads and towing.
That is why I am confused. I have a Lariat with the 502A Quad beam. It is like the self leveling either isn't working or the leveling kit threw it off and they adjusted way down. I'm telling you my low beams are not even hitting the bumper or a car 40' in front of me

Sponsored

grosbiz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback, 2015 Nissan Rogue
That is why I am confused. I have a Lariat with the 502A Quad beam. It is like the self leveling either isn't working or the leveling kit threw it off and they adjusted way down. I'm telling you my low beams are not even hitting the bumper or a car 40' in front of me
I thought Lariats with 502A came with the single projectors with LED and not the quad reflectors with LED.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Maybe the installers damaged or cut the sensors? They have to be incorporated in the suspension. Another reason for me to leave this truck alone.

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
What do the XLT's come equipped with? I'm pretty sure mine are LED's.

grosbiz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are the self-leveling headlights available with the quad reflectors assembly or only on the single projector ones? I would doubt that the self leveling would adjust the whole housing unit for the reflector lights.

Sponsored

grosbiz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quad LED Reflector assembly:

Ford F-150 HID Headlight Adjustment 1614181259635

Dual LED Projector Assembly:

Ford F-150 HID Headlight Adjustment 1614181305808

You can see in the Dual projector housing how easier it would be to have the leveling capability vs the quad assembly.

OP
OP
Thanos

Thanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
Maybe the installers damaged or cut the sensors? They have to be incorporated in the suspension. Another reason for me to leave this truck alone.
Don't believe anything like that has happened. I think the lights just need adjusting. The screws for the adjustments just are not moving the lights

OP
OP
Thanos

Thanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
Quad LED Reflector assembly:

1614181259635.png

Dual LED Projector Assembly:

1614181305808.png

You can see in the Dual projector housing how easier it would be to have the leveling capability vs the quad assembly.
I thought Ford was calling the Dual Projectors the quads. Guess i was misinformed. The Lariat with 502A has the same headlamps as the higher trim levels

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
All I know is my headlights are extremely bright compared to my 2018.
Sponsored