Sponsored

Bed Liner Options

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Do you know how much the whole system weights? I'm kind of leaning towards this options as it provides sidewall protection, cargo protection and I could do a sprayliner on the floor if I plan on doing "real" dirty work and don't want to damage the rubber liner.
Honestly I’m not sure how much the whole system weighs. All the plastic pieces are light of course. All the weight is in the rubber mat which has some heft to it. Perhaps DualLiner could tell you how much everything weighs for whatever length bed that you have.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I almost didn’t get anything, since it’s going to be used as a truck and I expect it to get scraped and dented, I really don’t like the plastic bedliners or the spray in stuff, since for certain cargo, it makes it harder to load and then harder to clean.

However, I did get a horse stall mat from Tractor Supply, it’s just under $50, weighs around 80lbs. so it won’t go flying out, but if I need to take it out for some reason I can. It’s really there to keep smaller things from rolling around and it’s thick, about 3/4”, so the truck is a bit more quiet and when I moved my canoe this weekend, it kept the canoe solid when I strapped it in, rather than sliding around. The mat is only 6’x4’ and I have an 8’ bed, so it doesn’t fill the whole bed. The reverse side has large nubs on it to both help it grip, so it doesn’t slide around and for drainage. I feel that for a working truck, it’s a good cheap solution.

For less than the price of a spray-in bedliner, I can have the bed of my truck stripped and repainted, or if I decided to sell it and didn’t want to hear someone complain about a few scratches in the bed of the truck, I can still always have a bedliner sprayed in.

If I was dealing with a lot of dirt or gravel, or even had big dogs; the bedliner might make sense. However, I will be dealing with a lot of plywood, lumber, sheetrock and steel plate, so with my past experience, I don’t want either a plastic drop-in liner or a spray in one. In fact, on my last truck. I have a piece of plywood that I only used when I was getting sheetrock because the plastic pan on my old truck would catch and chew up the corners even if you were super careful and with the spray-in liners, a steel sheet or plate will just act like a razor and scrape the coating right down to the metal of the bed and make it harder to load.

Ford F-150 Bed Liner Options 1D7E6E4E-2296-414B-9B89-ACBDA70F18CE

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I almost didn’t get anything, since it’s going to be used as a truck and I expect it to get scraped and dented, I really don’t like the plastic bedliners or the spray in stuff, since for certain cargo, it makes it harder to load and then harder to clean.

However, I did get a horse stall mat from Tractor Supply, it’s just under $50, weighs around 80lbs. so it won’t go flying out, but if I need to take it out for some reason I can. It’s really there to keep smaller things from rolling around and it’s thick, about 3/4”, so the truck is a bit more quiet and when I moved my canoe this weekend, it kept the canoe solid when I strapped it in, rather than sliding around. The mat is only 6’x4’ and I have an 8’ bed, so it doesn’t fill the whole bed. The reverse side has large nubs on it to both help it grip, so it doesn’t slide around and for drainage. I feel that for a working truck, it’s a good cheap solution.

For less than the price of a spray-in bedliner, I can have the bed of my truck stripped and repainted, or if I decided to sell it and didn’t want to hear someone complain about a few scratches in the bed of the truck, I can still always have a bedliner sprayed in.

If I was dealing with a lot of dirt or gravel, or even had big dogs; the bedliner might make sense. However, I will be dealing with a lot of plywood, lumber, sheetrock and steel plate, so with my past experience, I don’t want either a plastic drop-in liner or a spray in one. In fact, on my last truck. I have a piece of plywood that I only used when I was getting sheetrock because the plastic pan on my old truck would catch and chew up the corners even if you were super careful and with the spray-in liners, a steel sheet or plate will just act like a razor and scrape the coating right down to the metal of the bed and make it harder to load.

1D7E6E4E-2296-414B-9B89-ACBDA70F18CE.jpeg

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/4-ft-x-6-ft-x-3-4-in-thick-rubber-stall-mat
Yeah sounds like our hatred for the popular options are the same. I'll look into that rubber mat, but essentially rubber mat is what you're a proponent of. The dual liner is only $430 which seems reasonable for a custom fit solution. Protect the sides with plastic, bottom with rubber and I can just remove the rubber if I'm doing some I need a shovel with. Doesn't sound like some scratches in the bottom of the bed should be a big ordeal.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had planned on using nothing at first but after moving some cardboard boxes, I saw that I had managed to scrape the clearcoat, which might not be at its full hardness yet. Also, the friggin’ 8’ bed has the same amount of tie downs as the 5.5’ bed, come on Ford! They can’t pony up for a few more tie down points for the 8’ bed? It being aluminum also limits what can easily be added. For my canoe, I really could have used some cleats in the middle down low to strap it down but with the rubber grabbing the gunwales, it made it less needed. Though, I still need to do something for when I will really need it.

I also figured, with the HDPP and stiff springs, it might make the truck a little more quiet and it definitely does.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, it seemed out of the scope of this thread but some trades will also use tongue and groove plywood to cover the bed for a flatter floor, where nails and screws won‘t get stuck like in ribbed plastic drop-in liners and you can sweep the bed clean so debris won’t mar what you need to load. Some will put flat steel plate and others have used diamond plate, though that has the same problems as the other liners can have. So, there really is no idea solution. Horses for courses!

Sponsored

Cindy42

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2016 Mustang GT PP
Do you know how much the rug weights? Did you get it all the way up the sides? Or just for the flat portion of the bed? I am concerned about weight, so doing a liner and something softer, I would want the something softer as light as possible....
Bedrug is very light. My brother has in 2016 model and has held up great. I just got for our 2021 and love it. It feels like carpet but is actually plastic and the foam that is used to make life jackets. You can haul rocks, dirt, mulch and just sprays clean. Also is solid between tailgate and bed so things don't fall down in the crack. I love that it is padded which adds dent protection and flattens out the bed by filling in those groves. Makes crawling if needed easier on old knees. It goes up the side and has cut outs for the different bed accessories etched in the back. I unbolted the box links from the bed and installed right on top of bedrug to make a cleaner look and help with holding it in. My accessory guy I got if from recommended having a bed cover with it, I wanted anyway and got the Armor Flex. This has great versatility as well.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Bedrug is very light. My brother has in 2016 model and has held up great. I just got for our 2021 and love it. It feels like carpet but is actually plastic and the foam that is used to make life jackets. You can haul rocks, dirt, mulch and just sprays clean. Also is solid between tailgate and bed so things don't fall down in the crack. I love that it is padded which adds dent protection and flattens out the bed by filling in those groves. Makes crawling if needed easier on old knees. It goes up the side and has cut outs for the different bed accessories etched in the back. I unbolted the box links from the bed and installed right on top of bedrug to make a cleaner look and help with holding it in. My accessory guy I got if from recommended having a bed cover with it, I wanted anyway and got the Armor Flex. This has great versatility as well.
I really do like this solution, glad to hear your thoughts on how well it holds up to dirty jobs, that's certainly a concern. The downside with it I guess is it can't be easily removed if something got underneath, but I guess it's pretty sealed along the edges? How many pieces/locations of the seams are there? I guess if it's sealed well, you will never feel a need to remove it, so long as water drains out?

I'm also looking into tonneaus and leaning towards armor flex, that would match nicely with the carpeted bed.

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Honestly I’m not sure how much the whole system weighs. All the plastic pieces are light of course. All the weight is in the rubber mat which has some heft to it. Perhaps DualLiner could tell you how much everything weighs for whatever length bed that you have.
I contacted DualLiner and they're saying 8 weeks out for a propower version. Can you confirm again you were able to modify it okay? (I'm not scared of some dremel work). Do you have pictures?

I was also watching some reviews and it seems like a lot of small stuff can get into the seam and work it's way under the rubber. Do you have any real experience with hauling dirty stuff and how/where it can go and get stuck?

Cindy42

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2016 Mustang GT PP
It is velcroed in, can be removed and replaced easily. The website shows videos on hosing off bleach and motor oil. I mostly haul tires and wheels as well as groceries. I had bagged salt spill, wiped out easy.

Ford F-150 Bed Liner Options 0115211504_HDR

Ford F-150 Bed Liner Options 0115211554_HDR

Last edited:

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
I contacted DualLiner and they're saying 8 weeks out for a propower version. Can you confirm again you were able to modify it okay? (I'm not scared of some dremel work). Do you have pictures?

I was also watching some reviews and it seems like a lot of small stuff can get into the seam and work it's way under the rubber. Do you have any real experience with hauling dirty stuff and how/where it can go and get stuck?
I have the armorflex and it's going in today or tommorrow. Look soon for the pics (and prolly videos) that I'll be posting in my meet-my-truck post coming in next 24-48 hours. I have lots of adds (including rims, tires, etc) so I'm going to post pics - but also all the links and specs to all the products to help people.

Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It is velcroed in, can be removed and replaced easily. The website shows videos on hosing off bleach and motor oil. I mostly haul tires and wheels as well as groceries. I had nagged salt spill, wiped out easy.

0115211504_HDR.jpg

0115211554_HDR.jpg
That does look really nice, thanks for the pics. Having the gap between the tailgate and bed is a really nice bonus too. I imagine this must be lighter then most other solutions....Have you removed the floor carpet to see what's underneath? Curious how much stuff could get under there, trapped, water, dirt, rocks, etc....

I'm kinda leaning towards this.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

8 weeks? That kinda sucks. I’ll take a picture of mine later to show you how it turned out.

The most dirt and stuff that I’ve put in the bed would be regular yard debris such as piles of leaves, branches, cut up wood, etc. nothing has gotten underneath the mat. I suppose actual fill dirt, sand, etc....could perhaps squeak by, but I can’t confirm or deny that.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Here’s the cutout I made for the power panel:

Ford F-150 Bed Liner Options 640E01B6-5CCE-41BB-A273-FEC24F8C167E

Here’s what it looks like installed in my truck:

Ford F-150 Bed Liner Options D3DCF941-4EDB-4B93-BDB0-5F5E4F165644

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Here’s the cutout I made for the power panel:

640E01B6-5CCE-41BB-A273-FEC24F8C167E.jpeg

Here’s what it looks like installed in my truck:

D3DCF941-4EDB-4B93-BDB0-5F5E4F165644.jpeg
Nice job! I suppose their official version might wrap around that raised area and have the panel mount on top of the plastic? They told me it wasn't modifiable...you've proved them wrong!

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I just ordered the factory drop in liner and picked it up at a dealer. It was around $230 and had the cutouts for the propower and rubber plugs for the tie downs. Really inexpensive factory fit.
Sponsored