First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Teacher
Curious if anyone has used an older gen OEM bed extender on the latest gen F150? I have a 2023 on order but am looking to pick up a gently used bed extender from a 2018 f150. Based on what I can find, it should work but I’m curious if anyone has actually done it and can confirm fit.
Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Curious if anyone has used an older gen OEM bed extender on the latest gen F150? I have a 2023 on order but am looking to pick up a gently used bed extender from a 2018 f150. Based on what I can find, it should work but I’m curious if anyone has actually done it and can confirm fit.
Yup. Brought my OEM from the 18 Lariat to 21 KR. No change in the box dimensions so there should not be a problem; however, some members have mentioned that their trucks did not come with the box hole threaded for attaching the extender. There were solutions to this, so if your truck only has the empty hole, you will need to search for the work around.

OP
OP

Nano150

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150
Occupation
Teacher
Yup. Brought my OEM from the 18 Lariat to 21 KR. No change in the box dimensions so there should not be a problem; however, some members have mentioned that their trucks did not come with the box hole threaded for attaching the extender. There were solutions to this, so if your truck only has the empty hole, you will need to search for the work around.
Great, thanks for the info.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
My 22 did not have the threaded hole.
Fairly easy, take off tail lights and put bolt through with a nut.
Sponsored