US Gov

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost (Hybrid)
What’s the cost for buying and installing this? Anyone have any experience with this?
how many circuits can you hook into the tx switch? It looks like you’d run off the 220 plug. Does that mean you could only power 3.6 kW?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Just Me

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
how many circuits can you hook into the tx switch? It looks like you’d run off the 220 plug. Does that mean you could only power 3.6 kW?
The 220 circuit can supply 7.2kW If needed. The 110 circuits supply 3.6 each. The 220 plug just combines those two circuits. The available supply is 7.2 total no matter which combination of plugs are used..

Last edited:

syne7

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost (Hybrid)
The 220 circuit can supply 7.2kW If needed. The 110 circuits supply 3.6 each. The 220 plug just combines those two circuits. The available supply is 7.2 totally no matter which combination of plugs are used..
Awesome. I am gonna hook my house up ;)

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
I will be making a few investments after this is all said and done. This is one of them.
You guys foresee any issues with plugging this into the home panel? I already have a 30amp 240v generator with a outdoor plug receptacle.. I was thinking maybe I sell it and just use the F150 since it's quieter and more fuel efficient for blackouts..

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
You guys foresee any issues with plugging this into the home panel? I already have a 30amp 240v generator with a outdoor plug receptacle.. I was thinking maybe I sell it and just use the F150 since it's quieter and more fuel efficient for blackouts..
I would double check with an electrician but if you already have a generator receptacle I don't see why not.

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
I would double check with an electrician but if you already have a generator receptacle I don't see why not.
Yeah I had an interlock (sort of like a poor man's transfer switch) installed 6 months ago for my brand new generator haha. Never had to use it yet, but its super loud and would guzzle way more gas then the F150 when I get it.

Wasn't sure if grounding was an issue, but t hen again my generator is not grounded to a metal rod since its connecting directly to the panel. So yeah on paper should be OK i think.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah I had an interlock (sort of like a poor man's transfer switch) installed 6 months ago for my brand new generator haha. Never had to use it yet, but its super loud and would guzzle way more gas then the F150 when I get it.

Wasn't sure if grounding was an issue, but t hen again my generator is not grounded to a metal rod since its connecting directly to the panel. So yeah on paper should be OK i think.
How much was it to have the transfer switch installed and what model type is it?

I'm looking to get something done myself so I can just plug the truck to the breaker but want to make sure I'm not powering up the electric grid.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
How much was it to have the transfer switch installed and what model type is it?

I'm looking to get something done myself so I can just plug the truck to the breaker but want to make sure I'm not powering up the electric grid.
Same here. I was looking at a few in the $200 range, but they all seem like internal ones. I will need to mount mine outside. They look super easy to install but have not had one priced out by an electrician yet.

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Isn't there a way to just plug into a dryer receptacle and feed the house that way? I know of many who do it that way with a generator. So why couldn't the propower onboard work the same way. If it's a relatively rare event, seems like you can save some money by not going through all the trouble of the transfer switch unless you know you're going to really use it a lot.

(I get that this isn't optimal, recommended, etc... there are safety considerations, and you MUST turn off the main house breaker first to not feed power back into the grid and put lineman in danger....but my point is, in a pinch like we were in here in Texas last week, it CAN be done)

Last edited:

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
I ran my power boost generator for 74 continuous hours. Filled the truck up today 15.08 gallons. I have nothing but great things to say about mine.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Isn't there a way to just plug into a dryer receptacle and feed the house that way? I know of many who do it that way with a generator. So why couldn't the propower onboard work the same way. If it's a relatively rare event, seems like you can save some money by not going through all the trouble of the transfer switch unless you know you're going to really use it a lot.

(I get that this isn't optimal, recommended, etc... there are safety considerations, and you MUST turn off the main house breaker first to not feed power back into the grid and put lineman in danger....but my point is, in a pinch like we were in here in Texas last week, it CAN be done)
Hummm, you know, that seems like that should work in a pinch. Just throw the main breaker coming into the house and shut off everything you don't want to power up. The house ground may throw the truck cut off though. Guess that could just be undone for a temporary fix.
Sponsored