Sponsored

Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
I was at the dealership with this issue today and, while on my phone in the waiting room, found this forum. They had already been working on it (noticed by the multiple FordPass alerts telling me the circuit breaker tripped...again) so I told them about this and what I found ... I didn't see anymore alerts on my phone since that point and service rep says they didn't see it anymore on the dash; yet, I get in the truck to take it home and the message was sitting there right in front my of face when I got in - too impatient to stay there as they'd already kept me there for a couple hours... haven't tried it myself (I will) but apparently didn't work for me. Service rep did quote a TSB he had found and "completed all the steps" and "wasn't sure if it will come back or not..."
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I was at the dealership with this issue today and, while on my phone in the waiting room, found this forum. They had already been working on it (noticed by the multiple FordPass alerts telling me the circuit breaker tripped...again) so I told them about this and what I found ... I didn't see anymore alerts on my phone since that point and service rep says they didn't see it anymore on the dash; yet, I get in the truck to take it home and the message was sitting there right in front my of face when I got in - too impatient to stay there as they'd already kept me there for a couple hours... haven't tried it myself (I will) but apparently didn't work for me. Service rep did quote a TSB he had found and "completed all the steps" and "wasn't sure if it will come back or not..."
Welcome to the forum.

Please update us with the results of your visit to the dealership.

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Welcome to the forum.

Please update us with the results of your visit to the dealership.
Nothing more at this point, called when I got home to let them know it didn't work and they said they'd follow up; said if I hear nothing, call up in a few weeks and ask if any updates

GrandSport

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f150, 2021 on order
Occupation
Admin
My truck also arrived with the dash breaker tripped. It took me a few days to figure it out. Works fine since though.

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Given this seems to be working for everyone else, I'll ask a stupid question to make sure I'm not missing anything. While I didn't see the dashboard one prior notifying service guy to check so maybe that was different, I'd assume when it's tripped it would be obvious? I don't think mine is, all the buttons appear the same and feel the same when pushing. I'd expect a little resistance of something in the button to push in if tripped... Right?

Sponsored

OP
OP

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Given this seems to be working for everyone else, I'll ask a stupid question to make sure I'm not missing anything. While I didn't see the dashboard one prior notifying service guy to check so maybe that was different, I'd assume when it's tripped it would be obvious? I don't think mine is, all the buttons appear the same and feel the same when pushing. I'd expect a little resistance of something in the button to push in if tripped... Right?
There's a rectangular (or circular?) button inside the dome that gets noticeably pushed out when tripped. When you push the rubber dome, that button gets pushed back in and stays in. Make sure you are checking all breakers: 2 in the bed, 1 or 2 in the cab.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
If someone could post a quick picture of the interior breaker on the dashboard it would be great. I don't think I've seen it in anyone's interior pictures. Is it under the plastic flip cover that covers the 110V outlet on the dash? Thanks!

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
If someone could post a quick picture of the interior breaker on the dashboard it would be great. I don't think I've seen it in anyone's interior pictures. Is it under the plastic flip cover that covers the 110V outlet on the dash? Thanks!
Just saw this picture in another thread, is the breaker the very small round button in the top right hand corner of the 110V plug?
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped {filename}

OP
OP

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Just saw this picture in another thread, is the breaker the very small round button in the top right hand corner of the 110V plug?
Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped 3F24C8FC-BD12-4625-8E31-A731BEECC153
It's this guy (circled in red). When tripped, the white circular thing inside gets pushed out. Press it back in and it latches.

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard Breaker Tripped Untitled

Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you both! And now I understand that the breaker replaced the 12v plug, I guess I was misunderstanding more than I thought.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you both! And now I understand that the breaker replaced the 12v plug, I guess I was misunderstanding more than I thought.
AND we learned that it only replaced the 12V socket for the 7.2kW propower while the 2.4kW propower still has 12V socket!

mjvolks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid
Any other suggestions? I guess I drew the short straw as it doesn't want to work for me; continue to see the issue. A few times it was just the truck and didn't alert the app as it had been but now it's back to doing both. Only difference is app now claims it's B instead of A which would be on the right. Message in truck still says left... Really annoying.

asubpargamer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
Any other suggestions? I guess I drew the short straw as it doesn't want to work for me; continue to see the issue. A few times it was just the truck and didn't alert the app as it had been but now it's back to doing both. Only difference is app now claims it's B instead of A which would be on the right. Message in truck still says left... Really annoying.
Mine has this same exact behavior. Have tried resetting all three beakers several times and still getting the warning every time I get in the truck.

OP
OP

grog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus RS
Mine has this same exact behavior. Have tried resetting all three beakers several times and still getting the warning every time I get in the truck.
Just adding details for my experience: I could have sworn none of the breakers were tripped when I drove home with this issue and the dealer salesman and lead technician also went over all the fuse buttons and pushed them even though they weren't visibly tripped. Tech also tried hooking up to the OBD II to look for codes. Nothing showed up. One morning I re-checked the cabin breaker and it was very visibly popped out. Pushed it back in and the error messages stopped.

I wonder if one of your breakers is tripped but somehow the reset button isn't functioning properly.
Sponsored