First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
It's usually between 30-60mbs, so it's not really that painful. I remember when I had DSL and it was 6mbs. We are all short of memory. 🤣

Games?

Oh the grandkids buggars are going to be all over that glorious screen.

20220922_215514.jpg
This almost wants to make me disconnect my S20 from my 3d printer (Using it as an octoprint server) and connect it to my truck instead. I don't think Carplay will do this.
Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
This almost wants to make me disconnect my S20 from my 3d printer (Using it as an octoprint server) and connect it to my truck instead. I don't think Carplay will do this.
Yeah, Android Auto is great, will be even better when the cool walk update rolls out

Reactions: TJE

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
@Jesse-Infotainment Interesting thing I noticed. Prior to this update one I would regularly get a static like cutout in audio from Spotify with Carplay over USB. Im using a 13 ProMax ios 16 and it would do it 3-4 times in a 20 min drive. Since updating not one cutout event so far.

Yeah, Android Auto is great, will be even better when the cool walk update rolls out
I used to use it but switched to iOS a year ago.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
@Jesse-Infotainment Interesting thing I noticed. Prior to this update one I would regularly get a static like cutout in audio from Spotify with Carplay over USB. Im using a 13 ProMax ios 16 and it would do it 3-4 times in a 20 min drive. Since updating not one cutout event so far.

Well Ill say this. 22228 is the NICEST version and best version I have seen to date. Im glad that it has improved your experience. Those kinds of issues are frustrating.

Coopaloopa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 501A Sport
Not so patiently waiting for this update for me 22. I will report back if and when I get it and hope others do the same

Sponsored

TJE

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150 xlt

I wonder if this could potentially help (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the crazy loud static issue people seem to be having with the B&O system. A lot of those people (including myself) have had the issue when using carplay or android auto

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Well Ill say this. 22228 is the NICEST version and best version I have seen to date. Im glad that it has improved your experience. Those kinds of issues are frustrating.
I know Ford CEO Jim Farley recently shook things up with department heads across the company including the division that oversaw software development for Sync. The previous department head was next to useless and seemed like he could have cared less about pushing innovation and resolving issues. Since then things have started to get better, but only time will tell if Ford has its act together now.

I wonder if this could potentially help (either intentionally or unintentionally) with the crazy loud static issue people seem to be having with the B&O system. A lot of those people (including myself) have had the issue when using carplay or android auto

Only way to know is get the update and see I guess. Hope it fixes it for you B&O guys too.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I know Ford CEO Jim Farley recently shook things up with department heads across the company including the division that oversaw software development for Sync. The previous department head was next to useless and seemed like he could have cared less about pushing innovation and resolving issues. Since then things have started to get better, but only time will tell if Ford has its act together now.

I sure hope they do. Ford should be so far ahead. Its done a decent job of getting the electric vehicles going. That was a Company saving move. If they have software issues that will make everythign else meaningless. People want good software these days. VW is getting hammered over their crap software they have been sending out.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Would you be able to verify my VIN for this information as well? I had an OTA update on Sept 21st, but nothing more.

VIN: 1FTFW1ED3NFB12550 / 2022 Powerboost. Thanks!
Yes, its available for your truck. Not via OTA yet

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

FYI, this issue (audio cutout/static) on Carplay is known to be caused by Waze as well. Remember that not all Carplay implementations (on the vehicle side) are the same, and some are less efficient in the way they render graphics. On some (Sync being one of them) certain Waze versions will cause the audio to glitch when the map rotates. It sounds crazy, but it's real. I've had discussions with Waze about it and they issue patches that sometimes fix it, and sometimes aggravate it. Are you running Waze by any chance? If so, force kill it from your phone and I suspect the audio issues will go away as well.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
FYI, this issue (audio cutout/static) on Carplay is known to be caused by Waze as well. Remember that not all Carplay implementations (on the vehicle side) are the same, and some are less efficient in the way they render graphics. On some (Sync being one of them) certain Waze versions will cause the audio to glitch when the map rotates. It sounds crazy, but it's real. I've had discussions with Waze about it and they issue patches that sometimes fix it, and sometimes aggravate it. Are you running Waze by any chance? If so, force kill it from your phone and I suspect the audio issues will go away as well.
Interesting. I do use Wayze but the sound glitch didn't seem to coincide with the map rotating. It's almost always been while traveling down a straight road, or sitting still. If the static issue returns I'll try switching to Apple Maps for a couple days and see if it still does it.
Sponsored