Sponsored

retrofit heated steering wheel into Lariat??

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
i have a 501A and it does not include a heated steering wheel which pisses me off for the price Ford is demanding nowadays. anyways do you folks know how easy it would be to retrofit one? anyone done it yet? i’d like to hear some input and or help! TIA!
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
In progress of adding it as we speak. You need a heated steering wheel of course, then you also need the correct SCCM module that has the pins and correct clock spring for the heat circuit. They're pretty easy to find second hand, that's where I got mine. Then need to run a pair of wires from the BCM to the SCCM that power its, I have yet to do this yet. I don't see much use for heat when its still 90+ everyday. Then luckily Jesse found a way to enable it in the screen, otherwise you need to swap the HVAC controls as well that include the heated wheel button.

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In progress of adding it as we speak. You need a heated steering wheel of course, then you also need the correct SCCM module that has the pins and correct clock spring for the heat circuit. They're pretty easy to find second hand, that's where I got mine. Then need to run a pair of wires from the BCM to the SCCM that power its, I have yet to do this yet. I don't see much use for heat when its still 90+ everyday. Then luckily Jesse found a way to enable it in the screen, otherwise you need to swap the HVAC controls as well that include the heated wheel button.
i want to keep it easy and only enable it on the screen. swapping out the HVAC panel would be a pain in the ass in my opinion.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
i want to keep it easy and only enable it on the screen. swapping out the HVAC panel would be a pain in the ass in my opinion.
Yes, actually isn't bad compared to everything else you need to do, but its $$$$ for just the HVAC module

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordhouston

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All thanks to Jesse, he found you need to change the vehicle type to a super duty to get the climate IOD page to show up

1662186376563.png
ah i see.. though it does bother me that you can see the previous gen air vents in the background of the pop up LOL

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
What are the parts costs fir this mod?
Sponsored