First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
I just ran a quote on 6 year 100k mile and thank you for the “payinfull” redeem code it came to $1045 for the 2021 F150 Gas Pick 4wd with $200 deductible. I put I currently have 300 miles which is relative.
I’m just concerned with the new hybrid system it doesn’t seem to be updated for the things I would want covered.
Probably have to call them for Powerboost warranties.
Sponsored

FLY88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L PB Lariat Sport FX4
Dealer matched Zeigler's $200 deductible 8 yr 125k mi ESP promo code price and honored a $100 deductible.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I just ran a quote on 6 year 100k mile and thank you for the “payinfull” redeem code it came to $1045 for the 2021 F150 Gas Pick 4wd I put I currently have 300 miles which is relative.
I’m just concerned with the new hybrid system it doesn’t seem to be updated for the things I would want covered.
Probably have to call them for Powerboost warranties.
Your Powerboost comes with a 8 year 100,000 mile warranty already.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Florida sucks in the ESP. 8 year 150k with $100 deductible is $5k. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.
Where did you get that quote from? Dealer or online?

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
Where did you get that quote from? Dealer or online?
Ziegler is the only online that can sell in Florida. Flood told me to get an address outside of Florida to use. I do think it is stupid that the exact same item with the same risk can be bought in another state so much cheaper.

I have no idea what the dealership is going to offer. My truck is due to be delivered on 3/21.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ziegler is the only online that can sell in Florida. Flood told me to get an address outside of Florida to use. I do think it is stupid that the exact same item with the same risk can be bought in another state so much cheaper.

I have no idea what the dealership is going to offer. My truck is due to be delivered on 3/21.
Didn't realize FL is so much higher on the ESPs, doesn't make since unless their hourly rates are much higher in FL maybe. Could be the lack of competition too, if Ziegler is the only authorized one.

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
Didn't realize FL is so much higher on the ESPs, doesn't make sense unless their hourly rates are much higher in FL maybe. Could be the lack of competition too, if Ziegler is the only authorized one.
Didn't realize FL is so much higher on the ESPs, doesn't make sense unless their hourly rates are much higher in FL maybe. Could be the lack of competition too, if Ziegler is the only authorized one.
It has nothing to do with labor rates and everything to do with insurance regulation. Florida regulates ESP as insurance. Florida's insurance market is overly regulated and overpriced thus the ESP rate being so much higher than other states. If I owned a second home, I would use that address to avoid the price. This is why it makes me question getting it. Will I have more than $5k in repairs over the time span?

I am driving less than I have in the past. I was averaging 26k miles a year for the last 5 years but I am working from home now so that drops about 12k a year for commuting.

I had it on my Suburban and used it several times. Not positive I got more than what I paid for it but I did not get hit with the new transmission bill all at once.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Didn't realize FL is so much higher on the ESPs, doesn't make since unless their hourly rates are much higher in FL maybe.
It has nothing to do with labor rates and everything to do with insurance regulation. Florida regulates ESP as insurance. Florida's insurance market is overly regulated and overpriced thus the ESP rate being so much higher than other states. If I owned a second home, I would use that address to avoid the price. This is why it makes me question getting it. Will I have more than $5k in repairs over the time span?

I am driving less than I have in the past. I was averaging 26k miles a year for the last 5 years but I am working from home now so that drops about 12k a year for commuting.

I had it on my Suburban and used it several times. Not positive I got more than what I paid for it but I did not get hit with the new transmission bill all at once.
Put some money every month into a truck savings account and let it grow. Use that for such things. Will be 3 years before you would ever possibly need it.

I would not buy one for that amount, I would rather trade every 3 years. Lol

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
I have never gotten one before but will this time too much tech.
TOTALLY AGREE!! In my 60 plus years of drive'n & own'n vehicles I've NEVER had an extended warranty but with the PB hybrid & all the tech crap we decided to take the $3,000 leap.

M88265

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
TOTALLY AGREE!! In my 60 plus years of drive'n & own'n vehicles I've NEVER had an extended warranty but with the PB hybrid & all the tech crap we decided to take the $3,000 leap.
[/QUO
Its sad that the same plan will cost me almost twice as much in florida as it would illinois but I still feel better getting it

Sponsored

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Never filed a warranty claim in my entire life, but with the upcoming 2.7 lariat purchase I'm considering an extended warranty.

Question - what deductible did you choose? What was your rationale in selecting it?

I'm leaning higher deductible due to cost and my estimated likelihood of using the warranty multiple times. But if they require the deductible payment just to look at the vehicle to determine if there is a problem, I may reconsider.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Never filed a warranty claim in my entire life, but with the upcoming 2.7 lariat purchase I'm considering an extended warranty.

Question - what deductible did you choose? What was your rationale in selecting it?

I'm leaning higher deductible due to cost and my estimated likelihood of using the warranty multiple times. But if they require the deductible payment just to look at the vehicle to determine if there is a problem, I may reconsider.
I went with the Ford Premium Care ESP for a few reasons...

Way too much "new" tech to NOT get an ESP
$100.00 deductible.
Duration (8-years 150k Miles)
Lost or damaged Key Fob replacement
Roadside Service
Free Pick up & delivery
Included in my financing it added $30.00 to my payments (at 0%)
Since it's transferrable, it adds resale value.

I've found that if you have a good dealership to work with, it makes a big difference in how you're treated. My dealership gave me a free loaner (for instance).

From everything I've read here, the price seems to be negotiable. I paid $1,800.00 but I've seen people paying vastly different prices for the same ESP.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I’m looking at a 7 year, 85k mi, $200 deductible, Premium Care and it looks like Flood Ford is the cheapest. Just strictly doing online quotes.

Flood: $1,415.00
Zeigler: $1,515.00
Granger: $1,510.00

Edit: It looks like with the “payinfull” coupon code, Ziegler is the cheapest.

Zeigler with code: $1,265.00

With that discount, I may jump up to 8 year, 100k miles for $1,515.00

Last edited:

cdfarmer

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost and 2020 Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I’m looking at a 7 year, 85k mi, $200 deductible, Premium Care and it looks like Flood Ford is the cheapest. Just strictly doing online quotes.

Flood: $1,415.00
Zeigler: $1,515.00
Granger: $1,510.00

Edit: It looks like with the “payinfull” coupon code, Ziegler is the cheapest.

Zeigler with code: $1,265.00
On the Ziegler site did you enter PAYINFULL as promo code? This usually takes $250 off.

Reactions: DK4

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
On the Ziegler site did you enter PAYINFULL as promo code? This usually takes $250 off.
Yep. That discount rocks. I may jump up another year and miles with that. Thanks.
Sponsored