Sponsored

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Would anyone who understands this stuff a bit better be able to see if there is a way to turn on the "This Trip" feature under the trip computer for the non PB trucks? Theres no mention its a PB only thing in the manual but from what I gather it is a PB thing only, not on the EB or 5.0.

Just something small I would like to have as a lot of my driving is very short trips and Id love to see what those are getting MPG-wise since the trip avgs are usually all kinds of screwy.

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Would anyone who understands this stuff a bit better be able to see if there is a way to turn on the "This Trip" feature under the trip computer for the non PB trucks? Theres no mention its a PB only thing in the manual but from what I gather it is a PB thing only, not on the EB or 5.0.

Just something small I would like to have as a lot of my driving is very short trips and Id love to see what those are getting MPG-wise since the trip avgs are usually all kinds of screwy.
It's in the IPC at 720-10-02 **xx xx-- and the non-hybrid selection there prohibits the "This Trip" from displaying in the cluster menu. My Powerboost has a value of 0A there but see the IPC spreadsheet here for the choices: https://bit.ly/3zETAx2

Please post your results because I'm not sure if it will cause any issues on a non-hybrid.

Last edited:

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It's in the IPC at 720-10-02 **xx xx-- and the non-hybrid selection there prohibits the "This Trip" from displaying in the cluster menu. My Powerboost has a value of 0A there but see the IPC spreadsheet here for the choices: https://bit.ly/3zETAx2

Please post your results because I'm not sure if it will cause any issues on a non-hybrid.
Okay I understand some words lol. I will give it a try possibly tomorrow or on Monday and report back. I appreciate the help!

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
How can I find out if there’s anybody in the Sacramento area that has Fonscan
Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that does forscan? Not really computer savvy but I am a general contractor and would possibly trade work for some work on my truck
I mean, I have the cable and PC and have done very minor mods that were well proven by others on forums. I did not have anything go wrong, which until anyone has recovered from disaster, I don't think they can be an "expert"!

Maybe I can help if someone wants to see how it works but I would not be comfortable making mods on another's vehicle.

Sponsored

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
I mean, I have the cable and PC and have done very minor mods that were well proven by others on forums. I did not have anything go wrong, which until anyone has recovered from disaster, I don't think they can be an "expert"!

Maybe I can help if someone wants to see how it works but I would not be comfortable making mods on another's vehicle.
Yeah I totally get that. Really only looking for 3 mods. Getting rid of the double honk when keys are left in, remove backup chime and add temperature to gages. What mods have you done?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Yeah I totally get that. Really only looking for 3 mods. Getting rid of the double honk when keys are left in, remove backup chime and add temperature to gages. What mods have you done?
Those are items that I would like too. However, I am getting the remote controlled unit in the thread listed below to turn the sound on and off. I would love the temps listed as this should really just be a given since the information is there and there is a path to display it. Just give it to us.

I have to see about the double honk as I think it would be terribly annoying, but I have to see how much I would use it. This has me on the fence with Forscan as I may not have anything that is a "must have". Sadly it looks like springing $700 for the FDRS set up is a higher priority and since I can kill the sound with that nice unit, I may have to scrap my wants for the temp data to be displayed.

Good luck finding someone in your area if you can with Forscan.

(5) Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

davidb525

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat

So I tried the IPC 720-10-02 0Axx xx--, my original value was 02. Once I wrote the 0A value a instant message popped up on dash said stop vehicle immediately. Threw a DTC in the IPC stating lost communication with hybrid/pcm module. Reset back to the original value and cleared the DTC. I did forget to write the actual DTC code down.

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
So I tried the IPC 720-10-02 0Axx xx--, my original value was 02. Once I wrote the 0A value a instant message popped up on dash said stop vehicle immediately. Threw a DTC in the IPC stating lost communication with hybrid/pcm module. Reset back to the original value and cleared the DTC. I did forget to write the actual DTC code down.
Ok, thanks for trying and I guess getting the "This Trip" to appear on a non-hybrid is a no go.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Sadly it looks like springing $700 for the FDRS set up is a higher priority and since I can kill the sound with that nice unit, I may have to scrap my wants for the temp data to be displayed.

Good luck finding someone in your area if you can with Forscan.
My prediction.....

If you "spring" for FDRS, which is a high ROI investment in my opinion, you will see Forscan very differently afterwards.

You already got your feet wet programming your truck at the same level as a 20 year veteran at a dealership. At that point, downloading Forscan on the same laptop and using the same ODB adapter to edit for doublehonk will seem like child's play. :)

I'm just saying

Sponsored

davidb525

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Ok, thanks for trying and I guess getting the "This Trip" to appear on a non-hybrid is a no go.
This trip did show up on the cluster saying electric only at the bottom of this trip. The stop vehicle immediately nanny kept popping up.

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

I gave it a shot, it works technically but makes it think I have an electric motor and adds the EV coach. I’ll just stick with what I have I guess.

Snakedoctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I didn’t see that you also tried. I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t let us non hybrid owners have a “This trip” page. Just something small.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I didn’t see that you also tried. I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t let us non hybrid owners have a “This trip” page. Just something small.
It'd be so cool if Ford would add a request/suggestion box to FordPass.

I'm convinced that some features, that are nothing more than programming, are missing or deployed wrong simply because they weren't thought of yet. One advantage to selling half a million units a year is that Ford, the manufacturer, can now leverage the collective's feedback and filter for low hanging fruit. It's win win for both parties.

This Trip is simply Trip meter 0, logically speaking. It resets everytime you cycle the key.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
It'd be so cool if Ford would add a request/suggestion box to FordPass.

I'm convinced that some features, that are nothing more than programming, are missing or deployed wrong simply because they weren't thought of yet. One advantage to selling half a million units a year is that Ford, the manufacturer, can now leverage the collective's feedback and filter for low hanging fruit. It's win win for both parties.

This Trip is simply Trip meter 0, logically speaking. It resets everytime you cycle the key.
I have this in my current vehicle (a 2015). I shut the car off and it shows me the distance and gas mileage for that trip/key cycle. It’s kind of disappointing that Ford didn’t implement this feature. I’ll get by though.
Sponsored