Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Lol. You could be right!

But I can't let it go. It's just way too luring. It's calling me. 🤪

Seriously (well kinda, because I can only be so serious) if I could find a "crack" for enabling EV-cruising in Sport Mode I wouldn't need to figure out if I could increase the damping rate with Forscan. In Sport Mode, Ford has the CCD mapped to my liking, as well as I prefer the transmission shifting strategy. But for some reason they think if I choose Sport Mode I am not interested in using the Hybrid battery for fuel economy. Arghhhhhh
If that was true, why not just disable Adaptive Cruise Control too!

Anyways, on the surface it certainly looks like those AsBuilt values have potential. :)
Attached is the service manual info on VDM if it helps
Sponsored

Attachments

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Sorry if this has been asked before- couldn't find anything with search. I'm about to jump in with Forscan and I've saved all the AS-BUILT modules but the SOBDMC module won't get far enough to "save all" . Any suggestions??

Using OBDLink EX

Also, the directions said don't save the PCM relearn as-built. (Mine doesn't have that as an as-built) I assume that we DO want to save the PCM as-built, correct?
IMG_6564.jpeg
Yeah just skip backing up that module as FORScan has trouble with it.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I did the double honk delete, oil/ trans temp, and adjusted speedometer for my 295/60/20 Nitto RG. Seems like everything is working but I have one DTC that won’t clear…
dtc U2300:64-08

Is there a way to clear it or does it even matter?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 67EF23D7-3CEC-4F29-B237-C0E907B4DAC3

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I did the double honk delete, oil/ trans temp, and adjusted speedometer for my 295/60/20 Nitto RG. Seems like everything is working but I have one DTC that won’t clear…
dtc U2300:64-08

Is there a way to clear it or does it even matter?

67EF23D7-3CEC-4F29-B237-C0E907B4DAC3.jpeg
Did you do a PCM relearn after changing tire size in BCM? Try doing an RCM self-test in FORScan under the clipboard icon and see if you can clear the DTC after that. If not, and the DTC remains then the service manual calls for a BCM PMI that would need to be done at a dealership or someone with FDRS access. You can also just live with it since the "U" code DTCs aren't serious enough to generally cause a CEL (check engine light).

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
@Livnitup - Thank you for giving so much to this community! So many times I see you volunteering your knowledge to help others.

Here's what I did to clear things - Thinking that maybe I entered something wrong I decided to start over...

Reload original BCM file
Perform DTC check and fix
Perform PCM Relearn
DTC check and fix again... All clear & factory BCM settings done.

Perform BCM tire / speedometer changes using the spreadsheet calculator. I have 295/60/20 Nitto RG but that was off the first time so I entered the values for 285/60/20.
Perform PCM Relearn
DTC check and fix again.
BINGO! That's got the speedometer right on the money and no trouble codes!

The other thing I did different (not sure if it matters) is anytime it said to turn ignition ON or OFF I waited about 5 second before going to the next step/click.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
@Livnitup - Thank you for giving so much to this community! So many times I see you volunteering your knowledge to help others.

Here's what I did to clear things - Thinking that maybe I entered something wrong I decided to start over...

Reload original BCM file
Perform PCM Relearn
DTC check and fix again... All clear & factory BCM settings done.

Perform BCM tire / speedometer changes using the spreadsheet calculator. I have 295/60/20 Nitto RG but that was off the first time so I entered the values for 285/60/20.
Perform PCM Relearn
DTC check and fix again.
BINGO! That's got the speedometer right on the money and no trouble codes!

The other thing I did different (not sure if it matters) is anytime it said to turn ignition ON or OFF I waited about 5 second before going to the next step/click.
Awesome, glad to hear that worked out for you! (y)

Blackout150

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 2022 F150
Is there anyone in the Sacramento area that does forscan? Not really computer savvy but I am a general contractor and would possibly trade work for some work on my truck

MrGary321

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Ranger, 2017 Fusion
Sorry if this has been asked before- couldn't find anything with search. I'm about to jump in with Forscan and I've saved all the AS-BUILT modules but the SOBDMC module won't get far enough to "save all" . Any suggestions??

Using OBDLink EX

Also, the directions said don't save the PCM relearn as-built. (Mine doesn't have that as an as-built) I assume that we DO want to save the PCM as-built, correct?
IMG_6564.jpeg
It's my understanding that Forscan will not alter/should not alter PCM parameters, so backing them up is done. I'm very new to Forscan as well.

Using OBDLink EX

IMG_6564.jpeg
I'm new to Forscan as well; for what it's worth, Forscan doesn't allow changes to PCM module so backing it up isn't done. I'm a former and long time retired calibrator, and back in the day, a PCM would "un learn" by removing battery power for 15 minutes or so, but a much has changed since then!

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
I saved a copy of every original As-Built that I could. It never hurts to have a backup copy. As far as unhooking the battery goes, I think it's different for a Powerboost but I'm not sure on the specifics. The PCM Re-learn did help with clearing my codes after the tire size/speedometer changes.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
APIM 7D0-01-01 xxxx xxx* xx-- 4=ten presets, 0=six presets, 2=5 presets
APIM 7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx xE-- enables Trip 1/2, Fuel Economy, Zone Lighting

if you search my APIM spreadsheet for "IOD" without quotes you'll see the cards that can be added.

Note: after making the changes above go into the wrench icon in FORScan and choose APIM reset and run that to make the changes visible immediately.
Did the change mentioned above to get all the cards. Now I noticed that my bed cam card is gone afterward. Still available when I hit the camera button. Any ideas? I do have Trip1/2 and Fuel Economy now. Counted total of 7 cards.

Current sync version 22095_PRODUCT Revision: 421(2.8.3)

Also any idea how to disable the "Bed Outlet Cover open, Secure plugged in equipment. Press OK to shift out of Park." I have a swingcase storage box covering the power outlets so I plug in extensions for easy access which causes this message. It gets annoying to have to clear the message before taking off since it locks the gear shifter if you don't hit OK.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1659720143508

Sponsored

OP
OP
Livnitup

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Did the change mentioned above to get all the cards. Now I noticed that my bed cam card is gone afterward. Still available when I hit the camera button. Any ideas? I do have Trip1/2 and Fuel Economy now. Counted total of 7 cards.

Current sync version 22095_PRODUCT Revision: 421(2.8.3)

Also any idea how to disable the "Bed Outlet Cover open, Secure plugged in equipment. Press OK to shift out of Park." I have a swingcase storage box covering the power outlets so I plug in extensions for easy access which causes this message. It gets annoying to have to clear the message before taking off since it locks the gear shifter if you don't hit OK.

1659720143508.png
Do you have an "F" here? 7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx x*--

I haven't seen anything to disable the bed outlet cover warning.

tcp

First Name
Trieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Accord
Occupation
IT MGR
Do you have an "F" here? 7D0-01-03 xxxx xxxx x*--

I haven't seen anything to disable the bed outlet cover warning.
No doesn't look like it.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 1659722131578

Last edited:

Yawyeet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 GMC Sierra 1500->2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Systems Integrator
So I probably need to unplug the PACM as well, even though my default was 4 before setting to 0? When I tried it changing the to 4 to 0, I think after writing it changed a value in the next address, so I got a little worried about screwing things up, reset everything and then cleared the codes and and said to myself "leave things alone"!:) I might not be doing things the write way, I was glad to be able to add the LED box lights, make the mod and have them work.
You must unplug the PACM module under the passenger side dash. I unplugged my module a few months before I made the forscan changes, it just causes a fault notification on every startup. I changed * from 4 To 0 and it is silent with no faults or alarms.

IPC720-09-02x*xxxx--

MrGary321

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Ranger, 2017 Fusion
You must unplug the PACM module under the passenger side dash. I unplugged my module a few months before I made the forscan changes, it just causes a fault notification on every startup. I changed * from 4 To 0 and it is silent with no faults or alarms.

IPC720-09-02x*xxxx--
Yeah, I read the information wrong; thought only if you had the 5 did you need to disconnect. Thanks.
Sponsored