Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When I change my Configurable Gauge settings to show, say, "Boost" instead of "Trans Temp" after an indeterminate amount of time it resets back to the default settings. The amount of time it takes to return to default is random. Sometimes my personal gauge settings will stay for days and sometimes only hours, random.

The same thing happens with the MY View settings, settings will stay for days and sometimes only hours, random.

I have not discovered the condition that resets these settings also, they don't reset at the same time.
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have heard about this, I dont have my order yet so I havent done my testing, but there must be something happening that forces the reset to happen. Has it ever happened WHILE you were driving?

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
This happens when you set custom gauges in other driving modes and it doesn't seem to save those settings when you start up the truck and it starts in "Normal" mode. Super annoying.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have heard about this, I dont have my order yet so I havent done my testing, but there must be something happening that forces the reset to happen. Has it ever happened WHILE you were driving?
It has not done this while driving. As far as I can tell It happens only at start-up. However, at times, you can go through several start-ups before the reset occurs.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This happens when you set custom gauges in other driving modes and it doesn't seem to save those settings when you start up the truck and it starts in "Normal" mode. Super annoying.
The gauge settings seem to stay in the different driving modes. I have observed the custom settings staying while changing drive modes.

Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
It has not done this while driving. As far as I can tell It happens only at start-up. However, at times, you can go through several start-ups before the reset occurs.
hmmmmmm I wonder what kind of memory management Ford uses. What could be happening is that Ford uses....say 2mbs worth of local storage to saving that configuration and they have some minor bug overriding or corrupting the configuration forcing them back to default. Or maybe ford is using too much stuff on too little space causing the configurations to be overriden... super weird.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When I change my Configurable Gauge settings to show, say, "Boost" instead of "Trans Temp" after an indeterminate amount of time it resets back to the default settings. The amount of time it takes to return to default is random. Sometimes my personal gauge settings will stay for days and sometimes only hours, random.

The same thing happens with the MY View settings, settings will stay for days and sometimes only hours, random.

I have not discovered the condition that resets these settings also, they don't reset at the same time.
This evening Both the Configurable Gauge and the MY View settings did reset on the same key cycle.

dh4234

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PB
Occupation
IT Consultant
This evening Both the Configurable Gauge and the MY View settings did reset on the same key cycle.
I wonder if something is up. I had to take my truck in, and they reflashed everything. I no longer have the option to configure my gauges. I wonder if they were having issues, and their "fix" was to remove the option to select it.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
The same issue here. Sometimes it saves the changed my view, sometimes it doesn't. No real rhyme or reason.

OP
OP
gspete

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I just left Ford and had a discussion about this and they do not know about this and that there is no TSB or knowledge about this. They asked me to leave my truck for a couple days to figure this out. I think I’ll wait a bit before I do that.

They did say a technology guy will be there and that they will ask him but I’m sure he is just a tech sales guy.

Sponsored

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I’ve had this issue off and on since new In December. I had the FSA recall (21B06 & 21B08) work done a week and a half ago and I thought that may have fixed it since it hasn’t happened since then. But, today it happened again while on a trip from one side of the state to the other.

im trying to figure out what may trigger this....

since it was a couple hours each way I was messing around with things a lot. maybe we can narrow this down for Ford?

I used Eco drive mode on the way there to see what I could squeak out of the 3.5 ecoboost. But i was flipping between trip 1 & 2 a lot and it never lost my settings.

on the way back my wife and daughters wanted to stop out the outlet mall. I sat in the truck and shuffled them from store to store. While sitting there I used apple car play a lot. And i turned off the engine at one point but still had music playing. And the truck timed out and shut down a few times. Thats when I noticed it lost my settings. If I have time tomorrow I’ll try that again.

Maybe you can try as well and see if we found the common item that makes it happen. if we find the issue it seems like they could send us a Ford coffee mug or something for being their Beta testers....

Rx7scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Mechanic
I just got my 2021 F150 that I ordered in August of 2020 after waiting almost 8 months. After a few days of driving it, I noticed that it resets all the time, very annoying. Sometimes it will hold my settings and other times it will reset multiple time a day. I will be watching to see if anyone finds the answer.

Rx7scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Mechanic
Has anyone tried a factory reset on their Sync or is this dash “My View” not part of Sync.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
I have been annoyed by this since receiving my XLT PowerBoost sport 4x4 last Thursday. Today I asked my salesman if he knew anything about it. But basically the same issue as everyone else. The configurable gauges keep reverting to stock and the my view loses the settings and reverts to the three main ones with the default announcement to press OK and select what you want. There has got to be a way to saveThese settings permanently! I am OCD and this is just the BS!! Sometimes it stays a day sometimes it’s switches back after the next restart. But I’ve never seen it stay more than a day.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
My Limited PowerBoost would save "My View" and gauge configuration options between restarts, no problem. This is, up until yesterday when I had a TSB 21-2097 flash update to help fix the battery drain issue.

Drove the truck on several errands today, and watched the dash screen reboot at least a dozen times, and each time the "My View" and gauge configuration options would revert to factory defaults. Along with each reboot I received several alert messages in the FordPass app (see image).

Could be coincidence, or could be related to the TSB. Either way Ford needs to get OTA updates out ASAP to fix all these electronic gremlins!

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times 2021-03-31 13.37.39
Sponsored