First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Guys I’m getting nervous about this. Would you guys wait until the company confirms it works?
ABSOLUTELY !!!
Sponsored

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Construction
My installer who is a dealer for BDS says the 4” BDS lift won’t work on a 2021 King Ranch because of CCD. Anyone know about this???

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
My installer who is a dealer for BDS says the 4” BDS lift won’t work on a 2021 King Ranch because of CCD. Anyone know about this???
not sure but I’m curious about this too. In figure 11 of the BDS 4” install instructions it seems to show that sensor on the left front A-arm...Which I think they are re-using probably very close to stock geometry. So I think that lift should work

Nobody here has really been commenting on what it’s for, several have called it CCD but that would imply electronic valving in the shocks right? But the F-150 doesn’t have electronic shocks like the Live Valve on the Raptor. It’s possibly more body roll & stability sensors on the LF & RF locations.

Anyone have insight into what they actually do? Those of you who have installed a 2” level kit have changed the upper a-arm’s normal resting angle, any codes? Relocation brackets? Adjustments to the link length?

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
So far nobody seems to have any info on any of the lifts regarding if they will work or what that sensor is. I was looking for a 3” but even the people at Rough Country have no idea if their product will work. I wanted to get 3“ as a bolt on kit, but I’m not seeing options.

Scott7022

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge demon. Lada Bronto
I saw the first ever video on 37s and thought ok yeah they fit on pavement but what about when the truck is articulating off-road? I am considering the coil over lift $$$$ to run 35s. 37s are fine until you have to replace them in Mexico or Panama. Not worth the extra inch of clearance in my opinion. Watching to see how this all fleshes out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
not sure but I’m curious about this too. In figure 11 of the BDS 4” install instructions it seems to show that sensor on the left front A-arm...Which I think they are re-using probably very close to stock geometry. So I think that lift should work

Nobody here has really been commenting on what it’s for, several have called it CCD but that would imply electronic valving in the shocks right? But the F-150 doesn’t have electronic shocks like the Live Valve on the Raptor. It’s possibly more body roll & stability sensors on the LF & RF locations.

Anyone have insight into what they actually do? Those of you who have installed a 2” level kit have changed the upper a-arm’s normal resting angle, any codes? Relocation brackets? Adjustments to the link length?
Has anyone been able to get info on the sensors? Are they a ride height sensor? I hadn’t heard that these trucks have them. Seems like a lot of people are going for the 2” level, has that affected anything sensor wise?

Reactions: fjr

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
Has anyone been able to get info on the sensors? Are they a ride height sensor? I hadn’t heard that these trucks have them. Seems like a lot of people are going for the 2” level, has that affected anything sensor wise?
Ride height sensor according to this thread. confusingly, BDS is saying that their kits won’t work with CCD equipped trucks. It‘s uncertain what they are referring to, or which trucks have CCD. They’ve marketed their lift on the limited trim level, and their install instructions and marketing photos clearly show the sensor.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Seeing as they do not call out a trim that's not compatible on their website, the fact they designed it on a Limited (See their SEMA truck in my profile pic) I would think that the adjusted geometry with the new knuckle and everything would not effect a stability sensor. Should be fine. I've see Lariats with the 4" and 6" so far and haven't heard of any issues.

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Construction
Ride height sensor according to this thread. confusingly, BDS is saying that their kits won’t work with CCD equipped trucks. It‘s uncertain what they are referring to, or which trucks have CCD. They’ve marketed their lift on the limited trim level, and their install instructions and marketing photos clearly show the sensor.
Spoke to BDS today. They said they write down the CCD clause for liability but 2021 F150’s don’t have it, regardless of trim level. Great news!

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Spoke to BDS today. They said they write down the CCD clause for liability but 2021 F150’s don’t have it, regardless of trim level. Great news!
Good to know. Normally trucks that have it call it out in writing and I couldn't find it anywhere in Ford's documentation. So let's get to lifting!

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Glad to hear that it is NOT going to be an issue!

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
So someone hurry the &$@k up and get a 4” lift on a platinum so we can all know if all the sensors and other features still work right.... Lol. Really I will wait but someone eventually will have to go first.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
So someone hurry the &$@k up and get a 4” lift on a platinum so we can all know if all the sensors and other features still work right.... Lol. Really I will wait but someone eventually will have to go first.
Tell Ford to get my truck DELIVERED and I will HURRY UP and get the 4" Lift kit installed!!! :D :D

adrian90210

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Construction
I ordered the 4" BDS lift today. 4-6 week lead time for delivery due to how backordered they are. As soon as I have it on my 21KR (Fully Loaded) with 20" wheels and 35" tires I'll post pics and let you guys know if there were any issues with it.
Sponsored